Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 306 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the demand for Volcano Bay will be during the first summer. Will it be bonkers, where the park reaches capacity within the first operating hours of the day? Or be more chill, with access all day.

Wonder what the demand for Volcano Bay will be during the first summer. Will it be bonkers, where the park reaches capacity within the first operating hours of the day? Or be more chill, with access all day.
Unless they come out with one day tickets and AP pricing I think Universal is expecting a full park each day

Are ticket packages available for it yet? Their might not be anyone if they don't release those details soon

Have they given details about the park hours or does any wise theme park Yoda have a idea what it could be?
This was posted awhile ago:

Hours for June are posted on the calendar for Volcano Bay. No hours for May 25-31 have posted as of this writing. Curiously, the only date with hours posted for July is July 5.

Even in the Summer, the closing times of 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM should allow for night rides, as well as the full effect of the volcanic eruption.

Found it:

Park hours are on the UO website
View attachment 3569

upload_2017-1-26_13-50-28-png.3569

EDIT: Found this in this forum thread. I did not get it from the new Universal site.

Well if they don't have some kind of single day or include it with the AP I guess I'll never be going haha
I agree, if I can't add it to an AP or get single day I will have to make do at CBBR. I think that will change after opening but we are 2 months out to see what happens.

I agree, if I can't add it to an AP or get single day I will have to make do at CBBR. I think that will change after opening but we are 2 months out to see what happens.
Yes..I am getting more and more nervous that this will only be available to people who stay three days

That, and the poor attractions debuted the last couple of years are making me reconsider my pass next year

I'm guessing the policy for the grand opening first three months (summer peak season) may be different than the longer term policy. They haven't released details yet. That may be because they're still watching to see what the demand for the opening months is going to be before they make a commitment.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm guessing the policy for the grand opening first three months (summer peak season) may be different than the longer term policy. They haven't released details yet. That may be because they're still watching to see what the demand for the opening months is going to be before they make a commitment.
I get it but Universal has always made me feel valued as an AP and I want to give them money, I hope that continues and doesn't morph into the Disney model where I felt they only wanted to take my money

Reactions: Cheezbat
I get it but Universal has always made me feel valued as an AP and I want to give them money, I hope that continues and doesn't morph into the Disney model where I felt they only wanted to take my money
My guess is that they'll do some special AP events, as is their rep. And probably special ticketing also. But maybe not the first couple of months. If demand is real high, then the limited capacity of a water theme park becomes an issue. You can only fit so many people in X space. There has to be a ton of AP holders out there.It can become a quandry on how to handle so many people.....I think demand is going to go through the roof for this summer at VB. I know I'll get criticized for saying this (and I'm one of the people that have welcomed Pandora from the start, even when most people were naysayers), but I think Volcano Bay is going to surpass Pandora in fan interest, excitement & participation.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
My guess is that they'll do some special AP events, as is their rep. And probably special ticketing also. But maybe not the first couple of months. If demand is real high, then the limited capacity of a water theme park becomes an issue. You can only fit so many people in X space. There has to be a ton of AP holders out there.It can become a quandry on how to handle so many people.....I think demand is going to go through the roof for this summer at VB.

I think VB and Avatar are the only reasons I have to return to Orlando this year but knowing how crazy busy both will be, makes it a lot easier to put off a trip till next year.

I think the only negative thing people will say about VB over the next few months will be how busy it is. The people at Universal must be praying that the queueless system works flawlessly. Last thing they want is a stream of angry people leaving the park like when 1990.

I think VB and Avatar are the only reasons I have to return to Orlando this year but knowing how crazy busy both will be, makes it a lot easier to put off a trip till next year.

I think the only negative thing people will say about VB over the next few months will be how busy it is. The people at Universal must be praying that the queueless system works flawlessly. Last thing they want is a stream of angry people leaving the park like when 1990.
Well, the major problem with 1990 though, was that hardly anything worked when they opened it. I don't see that situation with VB. Water slides are child's play compared to new tech attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.