Happily Ever After | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Happily Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just noticed all the new tracker spotlights they've installed around the castle. I'm guessing they'll be part of this as well.

I just noticed all the new tracker spotlights they've installed around the castle. I'm guessing they'll be part of this as well.
There should be laser installation soon, too.

The lasers will be used in Once Upon A Time as well as HEA, like the version of the show in TDL.

A reduction in shells doesn't bother me. Disney Dreams in Paris is quite literally the best castle show I've seen and that is less firework heavy than previous shows. The Paris anniversary show should be interesting too, not that I get to see it till October!

Reactions: UNIrd
The DVC show from last night is what the park needs. So many fireworks, really upbeat and exciting with great music. It is the perfect ending to the day. I get that the projections are cheap for Disney to put on, but save them for the projection show. Doing a projection show with almost no fireworks and then putting on a firework show that is mostly projections right after is just silly.

As much as I am against the IP being used so much, the Frozen fireworks at HS is by far the greatest firework show they have put on (to the public daily) in recent memory because of the insane amount of fireworks that went off during the short show perfectly timed to the music.

EDIT: This is an incredible video taken from the fireworks last night by TimTracker. Yes, there is no story, but it touches on SO many Disney movies both old and new, never spends to much time on any one and is so full of energy with very little projection. This is a nighttime show you remember simply because of how much is going on and all the different colors and types of fireworks.

Last edited:
The DVC show from last night is what the park needs. So many fireworks, really upbeat and exciting with great music. It is the perfect ending to the day. I get that the projections are cheap for Disney to put on, but save them for the projection show. Doing a projection show with almost no fireworks and then putting on a firework show that is mostly projections right after is just silly.

As much as I am against the IP being used so much, the Frozen fireworks at HS is by far the greatest firework show they have put on (to the public daily) in recent memory because of the insane amount of fireworks that went off during the short show perfectly timed to the music.

EDIT: This is an incredible video taken from the fireworks last night by TimTracker. Yes, there is no story, but it touches on SO many Disney movies both old and new, never spends to much time on any one and is so full of energy with very little projection. This is a nighttime show you remember simply because of how much is going on and all the different colors and types of fireworks.

I was there and while the fireworks and brief projections were nice, the music is behind it terrible. I don't need Ariana Grande or Demi Lovato in my MK fireworks show. Pop music is fine for a special party fireworks show like this, but an everyday show? No way.

As much as I loved "Wishes" I am totally anticipating what Disney has in store for all of us with this new Night Time Spectacular Firework Show called "Happily Ever After". I know it will be different in many ways, but it will also have new and improved moments for all of us to enjoy for many years to come.

A reduction in shells doesn't bother me. Disney Dreams in Paris is quite literally the best castle show I've seen and that is less firework heavy than previous shows. The Paris anniversary show should be interesting too, not that I get to see it till October!

AGREED. Disney Dreams probably ranks as my favorite. I've never felt compelled to go back the next night and watch a Disney fireworks show again but I did with Disney Dreams.

The recent Disneyland anniversary fireworks show, Disneyland Forever, is up there too.

Reactions: Jon84
Talking with an industry friend tonight, he confirmed the "more projection heavy" rumors. Which to me begs the question: what about Cali Grill, Top of the World, and the various fireworks cruises? The first two were designed to offer a view of the fireworks--I don't see projections being as powerful a motivator. Ditto trying to watch video on the Castle from Seven Seas.

"Disney iz a business!!!" One that just cut thousands in nightly revenue to save a couple hundred a night on shells?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Talking with an industry friend tonight, he confirmed the "more projection heavy" rumors. Which to me begs the question: what about Cali Grill, Top of the World, and the various fireworks cruises? The first two were designed to offer a view of the fireworks--I don't see projections being as powerful a motivator. Ditto trying to watch video on the Castle from Seven Seas.

"Disney iz a business!!!" One that just cut thousands in nightly revenue to save a couple hundred a night on shells?

There still is plenty of fireworks left. Since the show is longer it'll feel as if there less shells gen though it's about the same.

I'm sorry, but I think Once Upon A Time is kinda boring. Lacks the fun and excitement of Celebrate the Magic, which led into the more dramatic and emotional Wishes perfectly. The way it's set up now, we've got dramatic and boring leading into dramatic and emotional. :bored:

However this is, it needs to pair nicely with OUAT.

True, but there are new effects that wishes didn't have
Unless we're getting World Of Color level water jets and fireballs that shoot hundreds of feet into the air, I don't want it.

Guests think projections are cool for like, 5 minutes. They want a spectacle with their nighttime spectacular. Projections are not that.

Reactions: Joel
The DL 60th fireworks were great and mixed projection with fireworks great. Those were some amazing fireworks, the projections were mostly an added bonus, making you feel immersed into the show (watching it on main street with every building and the castle projected onto was a great experience).

I like good usage of projection in a fireworks show... I just hope that this show remains (primarily) a fireworks show and doesn't stray too far into what Once Upon a Time is.

And they may play on MSUSA, but will they play to the crowds across Seven Seas Lagoon? Crowds are going to show up in MK no matter what they do (observe the lack of night parade)--I'm specifically discussing "spin-off" industries that have grown up around the fireworks.

The DL 60th fireworks were great and mixed projection with fireworks great. Those were some amazing fireworks, the projections were mostly an added bonus, making you feel immersed into the show (watching it on main street with every building and the castle projected onto was a great experience).

I like good usage of projection in a fireworks show... I just hope that this show remains (primarily) a fireworks show and doesn't stray too far into what Once Upon a Time is.
Luckily the MK fireworks have so many viewing spots that are synched up every night as well as packages, I imagine it will still have a good amount of pyro

In just a few weeks, the new fireworks show “Happily Ever After” will debut at Magic Kingdom Park with more lasers, lights and projections than ever before - not to mention contemporary versions of popular Disney songs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: Coasted and Joel