Happily Ever After | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Happily Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IT'S A FIREWORKS SHOW, THERE SHOULD BE MORE FIREWORKS

This is really bitter sweet. I grew up seeing this. It's the only Magic Kingdom firework show I know. Why change something that so many people thought was perfect? I can understand them adding new characters and changing up the soundtrack a bit but the Wishes soundtrack is the classic Disney so many of us know and love. It felt timeless. This new pop crap is not what the people want!

I've seen Paint the Night. The soundtrack is just so generic, no emotion.

Reactions: Joel
This is really bitter sweet. I grew up seeing this. It's the only Magic Kingdom firework show I know. Why change something that so many people thought was perfect? I can understand them adding new characters and changing up the soundtrack a bit but the Wishes soundtrack is the classic Disney so many of us know and love. It felt timeless. This new pop crap is not what the people want!

I've seen Paint the Night. The soundtrack is just so generic, no emotion.
The removal of Wishes is definitely in a tough spot, considering that one of Disney's biggest drawing points is nostalgia and being able to go somewhere where things don't really change. But I also understand that change is inevitable...

You're 100% right. Wishes IS timeless. I don't think there's a part of that show that isn't relevant to today's Disney culture. I think people would rather see every ride in the park get changed to something else before Wishes going away.

I wonder if there was a big enough input on guest surveys about Wishes being outdated...

The removal of Wishes is definitely in a tough spot, considering that one of Disney's biggest drawing points is nostalgia and being able to go somewhere where things don't really change. But I also understand that change is inevitable...

You're 100% right. Wishes IS timeless. I don't think there's a part of that show that isn't relevant to today's Disney culture. I think people would rather see every ride in the park get changed to something else before Wishes going away.

I wonder if there was a big enough input on guest surveys about Wishes being outdated...

It portrayed the entire resorts message so well, especially the Magic Kingdom. You can play that soundtrack for just 10 seconds and the majority of people I'm sure will recognize it.

Reactions: Eckert

I agree it's timeless, but it certainly is tired for me by now. I'm sure i'll feel nostalgia for it later like I do Spectro. But for now I'll take change for the sake of change. Would I have changed this before Illuminations? Probably not. In the grand scheme of things, this thing would have to be a total train wreck for a MK fireworks show not to please guests.

Reactions: Joel and Eckert
I agree it's timeless, but it certainly is tired for me by now. I'm sure i'll feel nostalgia for it later like I do Spectro. But for now I'll take change for the sake of change. Would I have changed this before Illuminations? Probably not. In the grand scheme of things, this thing would have to be a total train wreck for a MK fireworks show not to please guests.
That's true. Everyone with love it and Disney will save a lot of money in the process with the reduced use of pyro. It's a win win for everyone. While I think the new song sounds awesome now, it could become outdated in a few years.

That's true. Everyone with love it and Disney will save a lot of money in the process with the reduced use of pyro. It's a win win for everyone. While I think the new song sounds awesome now, it could become outdated in a few years.

Well, the general consensus is they're not reducing the quantity of pyro, just extending the showtime with more projections/lasers so no money saved there. Plus wholesale fireworks are cheap.

Reactions: jtsalien
My friend who lives right next to MK said the fireworks were good last night for the test show. I've seen some of the light effects when driving past in the early morning hours and it looks promising, but I'm still thinking this will be one where you need to be in front of the castle to really see the full show.

The Making Of: Happily Ever After Show Scoring Session - Walt Disney World:

Really Disney? Recording this in London? Why couldn't you record it here in America. There are tons of musicians and orchestras looking for work like this. There are tons of studios built here that you could of used. It's disappointing. There's no reason for it.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Really Disney? Recording this in London? Why couldn't you record it here in America. There are tons of musicians and orchestras looking for work like this. There are tons of studios built here that you could of used. It's disappointing. There's no reason for it.

The Donald won't be happy

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#