Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a challenge for all of you. Who here can get the CLEAREST and BEST sounding recording of ALL of the Richard Kiley narration from Jurassic Park The Ride? Now GO! ;)
That will be incredibly difficult given the nature of the ride. You'd essentially need to get a private boat and hope that everything is working - especially the audio.

I personally think Jurassic Park as a franchise and as a movie deserves a much bigger and more elaborate attraction than River Adventure. More animatronics and more action. I actually wouldn't be against them leveling the ride and making a brand new and BIGGER and better ride. But knowing Universal's budget with non CGI rides and the fact that they can't even keep THIS ride up to date and running smoothly, I'd rather they just replace all the animatronics and add some new effects and keep it working correctly.
Shh, don't give them any ideas. We'll end up with Jurassic World 3D: A Simulated Experience. :p

Reactions: DrKevin and William
Shh, don't give them any ideas. We'll end up with Jurassic World 3D: A Simulated Experience. :p
That's why I said knowing Universal, they'd make it all projections ;) So hypothetically, I'd be down for an all new bigger and better PHYSICAL Jurassic Park ride, but since that's impossible (in my eyes) for Universal to do, I'd rather they just completely update the existing ride and make it even better than when it opened.

The reason why they do a lot of simulated rides is probably because of the lack of space the park owns and can use. Considering Jurassic Park the Ride already conains a large portion of the park, it would be able to fit twice as many simulated rides, but in this situation, I doubt Universal would make a simulated Jurassic Park, considering that all the fans want to see the dinosaurs, lifelike, not a tv screen which you can easily identify as a screen.

That will be incredibly difficult given the nature of the ride. You'd essentially need to get a private boat and hope that everything is working - especially the audio.
Or tape everyone's mouth shut as well as have a high quality camera.

I really wish I could get a really high quality recording though. I'm replicating Jurassic Park the Ride in a game. One whole year of work.

I have dedicated a page to him on my Jurassic Time website (audio program of him performing his John Hammond character from an obscure Jurassic Park game). Read it for my thoughts and for a special tribute that plays when you load the page (on YouTube).

I have dedicated a page to him on my Jurassic Time website (audio program of him performing his John Hammond character from an obscure Jurassic Park game). Read it for my thoughts and for a special tribute that plays when you load the page (on YouTube).

Jurassic Park: Tresspasser? Awful game, but it's Jurassic Park and Attenborough's performance in that game was fantastic.

Definitely check out that site then. Playing on the main page and also available for download as MP3 or FLAC is the complete dialogue of him from the game set to music, sound effects, and put into a proper storytelling order with other additions. It's practically a lost performance.

14jls9y.png

Still so sad about his passing but I'm excited that it's been confirmed that there's a "Walt Disney" type of tribute to him in Jurassic World :)