Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The end T-rex. It wasn't in its normal position. It was completely up right. Eye level with the feet. Head was 10 feet above my head. If you looked up you saw his lower jaw. Almost as if you wear standing under the animatronic, It was strange.

Its scary because it almost looks like a new safety position because someone touched the Rex before or something and it was getting to close... Lets hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went the day the 10 second spot dropped. Ride had about a 30 minute wait. It has a huge capacity and is easily one of the most popular rides in the park still. Im sure this summer it will be even more popular. 
I wonder if the 30 minute wait is a direct result of the trailer. We'll see, I guess.

Universal seems way too excited about the release of this film to not do something for the parks as well. The heavy promotion the tour guides give when driving through the Isla Nublar section of the tour seems like a good indicator.

I think whatever they do to correlate with the film will depend on its success. If it bombs, probably nothing much beyond what they did for JP3. If it does very well, maybe something bigger.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Universal seems way too excited about the release of this film to not do something for the parks as well. The heavy promotion the tour guides give when driving through the Isla Nublar section of the tour seems like a good indicator.

I think whatever they do to correlate with the film will depend on its success. If it bombs, probably nothing much beyond what they did for JP3. If it does very well, maybe something bigger.
I would agree. The marketing campaign for this film has pretty much been huge. Three websites so far... Trailer to play again durin thanksgiving football... Yes, I noticed in studio tour they always mention Jurassic World.. But if it does well, I think they will expand some what, maybe even have actors dressed up as the characters at first, if only in the first week as they see how it does.

Sadly I havent been able to see all these updates. I no longer posses an annual pass.

I can imagine soundstage 28's location to become the gyrosphere attraction from Jurassic World. Oh how amazing would it be to have a monorail travel through the park and through the Jurassic World gate. So many possibilities!

Sadly I havent been able to see all these updates. I no longer posses an annual pass.

I can imagine soundstage 28's location to become the gyrosphere attraction from Jurassic World. Oh how amazing would it be to have a monorail travel through the park and through the Jurassic World gate. So many possibilities!
That would be amazing to have the gyrosphere be in USH! I mean, they do have a large road system through their backlot...I can see them utilizing it to be like a 'second' tram tour.

That would be amazing to have the gyrosphere be in USH! I mean, they do have a large road system through their backlot...I can see them utilizing it to be like a 'second' tram tour.
I can imagine people driving them through the back lot. Oh how many gyrospheres will we see in the lake of Amity, having people swiming out away from Jaws.

Reactions: Chris

How exactly would the gyrosphere be possible, I mean it's a cool concept, but how can you even make that into a theme park attraction? Especially fo SS28.

A monorail through the Jurassic World (or park) gate would be cool, but that's sadly not possible for any current Universal park. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allen The Actor
A monorail would only be possible in Orlando but it's not super practical or necessary over there either.

A gyrosphere ride wouldn't have to be identical to how the one in Jurassic World look or acts. It could just essentially be a "glass" omnimover ride like at Disney. But even then, it would be ridiculously impractical, claustrophobic, etc. Not impossible, but it would have to be quite different than the one in the movie.

I think the one in the movie is just there to be flashy and look modern and futuristic. I don't think it'd be that necessary to have it in a real theme park setting.

There is ONE thing I want to happen thanks to the release of Jurassic World. I don't want a new ride, new attractions, etc. Just repair and replace the animatronics with modern and smooth new ones, and I will be HAPPY.

Reactions: JaySalahi
there would be a way too, make it as Ingen has invented a new type of Gyrosphere and the ride could mix the tech from Transformers on the motion car but Mystic Manor on a wifi-based track. It could be a small D-Ticket attraction but a special ride nether the less.

there would be a way too, make it as Ingen has invented a new type of Gyrosphere and the ride could mix the tech from Transformers on the motion car but Mystic Manor on a wifi-based track. It could be a small D-Ticket attraction but a special ride nether the less.
Life uh...finds a way? Yeah, a small attraction I think is the way to go. Something supplementary. Like the kiddie ride outside of minion mania? That I think would be the way to go?