Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With recent developments on the HHN33 thread; it seems The Weeknd is likely if it is the case--a exclusive for Hollywood.

With The Weeknd and potentially Texas being exclusive IP's, alongside the previous comments by Murdy; I wonder where exactly things go with this year's lineup in diversifying. Perhaps we may see a return to 2010 type HHN; where repeated IP gets new treatments and experiences to compliment?

Like how Friday The 13th and Nightmare got updated accordingly to their respective remakes; perhaps Hollywood might use the chance to work with XO for something that could tie in with the final album? Given we've seen collaborative proponents in the past two albums (with the VEVO Music Videos from After Hours and the DawnFM Experience on Amazon); I wonder if they might try to do something similar with the final album.

Rumors are too that the final album expected to be released this year, will be tied with the upcoming film by Trey Edward Schults; and that the film featuring Abel, would be a potential horror film with Jenna Ortega and Barry Keoghan involved.

Would be interesting if Murdy and Abel incorporated any of the material from that for this house; if it pans out.

While I doubt Tarot would even be considered, it does give me 13 Ghosts vibes (which is an IP that people have begged for ever since it was released 20 years ago).

Now I just forgot what I was going to say because the realization of how long its been since 13 Ghosts came out hurt. A lot.
Tired Cricket Green GIF by Disney Channel

OMG. I'M ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THAT!!!
Am I biased because they're using the (gargoyle) Castle Dracula set piece prop again? Yes.

In other news, today is the 89th anniversary of Bride of Frankenstein. So in regards to Universal Monsters (or even the rumored Scream Queenz sz turned house), I'd honestly love for them to hold off until 2025 to do it for Bride's 90th!

I know they don't tend to lean into the film anniversaries for IPs, but I kinda wish they would when it's a Universal Monster. Of course, I'd also want USH in general to have mini limited time themed treats/merch/photo-op

Mazes discussion aside, I would love to see SNW open free to the public for HHN. Play some horror variations of various Super Mario games while in the SNW area, like in the Simpsons area. Preferably, the Haunted House map theme from SM64. And some haunted decorations as well. It would be nice to see USH take advantage of that.

I would have zero interest in stepping foot in SNW during HHN, but I'd be thrilled with the idea of Mario Kart and the various games being open if it means sucking a nice, healthy chunk of the crowd away from the house lines.

Mazes discussion aside, I would love to see SNW open free to the public for HHN. Play some horror variations of various Super Mario games while in the SNW area, like in the Simpsons area. Preferably, the Haunted House map theme from SM64. And some haunted decorations as well. It would be nice to see USH take advantage of that.
THIS

It would help with crowds. I know USH wants every penny but I hope Ops goes smoother this year

I'm sure this would be controversial, but if EA cost to normal tickets fine but I think if you have a ticket for the night and an AP should be a benefit. Would maybe see those pass get a boost in being bought as well

My brain still tries to translate it as "Horror Lives Here" instead. The "where" just sounds wrong.

**EDIT: There are 3 dioramas for HHN, a display for Grinchmas, & the EVE sign

Interesting seeing the other two dioramas being Dia De Los Muertos & ....very flower oriented, similar to the icon on the spec map :eyes:

Last edited:
The hate the dioramas are getting is baffling since these are literally props used (multiple times) at the event. This "platform/display box" style has been a SZ trend for like the past 5 years at the event (mostly French St)

Besides that gargoyle has historical value since it is part of the original Castle Theatre set for the Castle Dracula show. It's a 40+ year old prop & always great when it makes an appearance.