Springfield | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We don't know any details about improvements/changes that will be made to the Forbidden Journey attraction, aside from any minor improvements that have already been made to the existing Floridian and Japanese versions.

I heard that there's a scene that ride somewhat skips all together because its to scary . its a scene with the dementors apparently a certain effect in the ride is shut off because from I heard it was too scary or they never figured out out how to execute the scene

I heard that there's a scene that ride somewhat skips all together because its to scary . its a scene with the dementors apparently a certain effect in the ride is shut off because from I heard it was too scary or they never figured out out how to execute the scene
If that was true because of that one scene, they would then have to remove a LOT of the scenes, as there's a ton of legitimately scary scenes, one in particular that I won't mention that I know I'll be scared of...hahaBut yeah, no removed scenes, if anything we'll be getting a lot of improvements, similar to Japan.

So, for those familiar with Orlando's Springfield, are there any healthy food options?

^Theres Lisa's Teahouse of Horrors. I don't know if that will be included, especially considering all of the healthy grab-and-gos we have. Yet again, the main one is almost never open *rolls eyes*

Here are some photos I found on Instagram of some recent Springfield progress:

16581891898_16b7b9aa54.jpg

A look at some new lighting on Lard Lad, Krustylu Studios, Krusty Burger, and most of Aztec (posted by user "dj_sugi_squared").

16583306699_a0eda89870.jpg

Some more lighting has been installed, here seen on the Nuclear Power Plant (posted by user "slammingdabs").

16582074710_72af2763a8.jpg

More foliage seen in front of Stu's Disco, which has also received a blank marquee. All scaffolding is completely gone now, too (posted by user "slammingdabs").

I almost forgot this one.  This entire storefront area seems so different from the others.  It's set further back from the street.  There's nothing inside it; sunshine is often visible under the doors.  And there are these water access points in the pavement next to temporary plywood covers.  Future drinking fountains?  Fire hydrant(s)?  I know this is themed as a record store but what is it really?  If this is just for employees to roll obnoxiously large and loud trash bins in and out of I'm going to be disappointed.  I guess they have to get to that new trash compactor somehow.

Springfield_030815_4.jpg

Are you sure those are water access points?    

Those look like electrical access points to me.    If they are for electrical, that area could be for an ODV cart.  

If they are for water, perhaps they are for misters and outdoor seating for the food court.    Or it could be for maintenance/cleaning crews after park closing.  Powerwashers got to get water from somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Lisa's Teahouse of Terrors will be coming to our food court. I'd imagine they'd want something to counterbalance the burgers and other fried food.
Sorry, no Teahouse of Terrors.  What I've heard from a credible source is that ours is not a food court. A stand alone Krusty Burger with counter service and two stories.   A stand alone Moe's and a stand alone Cletus Chicken Shack which is counter service and two stories.  All of the venues will be connected by hallways.

Across the street is Duff's, Luigi's, Phineas, and a hot dog cart which has a theme to it, but I can't remember what my friend told me.

Also, when you see the interior's, your jaws will drop.  Universal Creative has taken Springfield to another level, as you can tell from the exterior!

Oh, and I forgot about Bumbleman's Taco Truck!

Also, I know, strong first post.  But, I've been a long time lurker and found this info out today, so wanted to share!

Sorry, no Teahouse of Terrors. What I've heard from a credible source is that ours is not a food court. A stand alone Krusty Burger with counter service and two stories. A stand alone Moe's and a stand alone Cletus Chicken Shack which is counter service and two stories. All of the venues will be connected by hallways.

Across the street is Duff's, Luigi's, Phineas, and a hot dog cart which has a theme to it, but I can't remember what my friend told me.

Also, when you see the interior's, your jaws will drop. Universal Creative has taken Springfield to another level, as you can tell from the exterior!

Oh, and I forgot about Bumbleman's Taco Truck!

Also, I know, strong first post. But, I've been a long time lurker and found this info out today, so wanted to share!
Well thanks for that info! And welcome aboard! Glad that you finally joined us!

Honestly though, I hope all of that is true, that they will all feel "separate" and be magnificently themed!

Also, nice username! :p

Well, welcome to the forums!

If that information does prove to be true, I'm a little bummed. It'll be nice to have separately themed venues, but Florida's foodcourt had a slightly wider variety including healthier cuisine (Lisa's Teahouse of Terror) and seafood (Frying Dutchman's).

On the other hand, I'm not going to degrade the new experience if I haven't even tried it yet. Maybe a step away from the foodcourt feel will prove to be a better decision in the long run.

I just realized that part of the reason we're not getting Fryin' Dutchman is because Three Broomsticks may serve food that would be a tad similar. I haven't eaten there on my excursions to Florida, but I hear they have fish 'n chips.

I wouldn't say that one or two British dishes featuring fish are justification to get rid of the Frying Dutchman entirely. I mean, you can ask for chicken nuggets at The Three Broomsticks, but they obviously didn't replace Cletus'. I reckon they scrapped the venue because it isn't a flagship restaurant, and our Springfield wouldn't necessarily suffer without it. 

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I was that was told that you will actually be served the food after receiving a number to be placed on your table.any info on this. And I'm starting to believe what my source told me about indoor theming .

I hope there will be some "healthy" options in each of the restaurants still. I'm sick and tired of seeing the Palace Theatre Cafe constantly closed, even on busy days, and that leaves me to standing in a long line at French Street Bistro with a much smaller and not as fresh selection of similar food. Grrr. Lol

Like, what was the point of opening that then? And on days it IS open, it closes ridiculously early. If anything, it should be open the latest for people who want a late grab n go option.

Significant progress today.  Another streetlight is installed in from of nuclear plant.  More pavement painted.  And getting closer to final paint on the latest restaurants in Springfield.

Springfield_031015_1.jpg

Springfield_031015_2.jpg

Springfield_031015_3.jpeg

Reactions: William