Disneyland Resort | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was never a question of keeping the ride intact, that's a given, I was just hoping they properly digitize it while keeping the integrity of the original Omnimax film.

I definitely think they'll do what Simpsons has. Scan and clean the original Soarin' negative in its full resolution, chop it up into four 4K quadrants, and then use four (or maybe more) 4K projectors to stitch it together on the screen to keep the resolution in tact. If they do it this way and properly clean up the film for the digitizing, it'll be an absolutely stunning presentation.

I just also hope that they use the brightest possible 4K projectors available in the industry, as the Sony ones used in Simpsons are almost like beta-4K projectors, very dim.

^Third gate isn't practical at this point, it wouldn't make sense at all in DCA, and there is zero space in Tomorrowland. Want to tell me where else it would go that would be better?

Toontown is old, not that exciting, and not a crowd-puller on busy days. I don't think it's much of a loss and should provide a descent amount of space to work with.

Zero space in Tomorrowland? There's a ton of space actually that they can work with, trust me. I agree that DCA is out of the running, but I'd rather see some of it incorporated in Tomorrowland. I don't want to see an entire land demolished for Star Wars.

Toontown is old? Dude....it's the newest land in Disneyland, it opened in the 90s...wanna call Indiana Jones old as well? It does what it's supposed to do for younger kids and families. Lots of its opening day attractions have been crippled due to changes cuz of safety issues, but that doesn't mean they can't refresh the land and make it feel more fun again. They can also expand it and add a new attraction based on Mickey and friends, etc. Roger Rabbit constantly has a very high wait time and is very popular. The meet and greets are very popular, and it's a very detailed and fun little land.

Just because you don't think it's exciting doesn't mean it doesn't serve it's purpose.

And I have no idea where you hear that it's not a "crowd puller" on busy days. That's 10000% false...

Bottom line is I'll be very disappointed if they get rid of Toontown, as there's a lot they can do with it, and they can fit in Star Wars land in other places if they work hard enough.

I would see Autopia more likely due to two reasons, It has been a dated attraction since it got the Chevron ads and It has a bit of pollution to the area.

It would be sacrilegious to remove the DLR version of Small World. I could see it if they move it to Big Thunder Ranch with the backstage expansion plot there. have new scenes more akin to the original. Then they can close IASW and ToonTown and make it a New Fantasyland with one half of Autopia and Swan Lake with Arendale and other Disney stories. Then leave the other half of Autopia and Nemo into a StarWars land. And then redo Innoventions to have more a feel of what we could see in the future or do something based off of the new Brad Bird Tommorowland film.

If there's one thing that should replace Toon Town eventually, it's a Fantasyland expansion. There's so many more Fantasy stories that could make amazing timeless attractions, and that would be the only space they could expand into.

Another thing about Toon Town...it needs more excitement added to it besides Roger Rabbit. If they added a proper Mickey Mouse or Fab 5 attraction in there, it would be one of the hottest attractions in the park. Mickey and the gang have been popular and famous for how long now? His popularity is never gonna die, so I think removing Toon Town, as a opposed to revitalizing it, is super narrow-minded.

As for removing Small World? Yeah...um. nope.

Autopia? Sure, I've been ready to see it gone for years. Only issue is that it's on top of the sub building, which Bog Iger said is too unique to completely get rid of. So...Disney has to be very smart about what they do.

My issue with sticking Star Wars land elsewhere is because they should first fix Tomorrowland, and I don't see the George Clooney movie being a big enough hit to warrant a retheme. Although a generic but clean futuristic look will go so far.

Just as a heads up, Disney will be announcing the 60th plans very soon on Wednesday and just for some validation. It was shown on twitter a screen with the back side of it having Diamonds..We are getting there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow is the announcement, I think.

It'd be nice if they did a Disneyland-history-themed World of Color, but that doesn't exactly sell in what Iger essentially turned into a commercial for Disney films.

I'm not expecting much, even a 60th exhibit will be cute but they already (and STILL!) have the 50th exhibit on display in the Opera House and they'll save a good chunk of stuff for the 2015 D23 Expo.

I dunno... I don't feel the hype for this one, honestly.

Yeah, it's not gonna be is epic as the 50th anniversary. But I still think it'll be great. Just the little upgrades some of the rides are getting, most which are my favorite, will be fantastic!

I hope they put some preview stuff into the Blue Sky Cellar.

One rumor that I've been hoping is false is that we're getting a version of Hong Kong's Paint the Night parade.....I'm not a fan of it at all. Music isn't that great and most of the floats are extremely minimalistic and cheap looking and have no wow factor.

Just bring out a new version of a PROPER Electrical Parade (similar to Tokyo's wonderful version) and I'll be happy.