Disneyland Resort | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I met Bob Gurr yesterday. Walked up to ride Mark Twain last night and he was just THERE with a few people, just talking. I went shy fangirl but came closer and listened to him talk. He advised us to stay on the left side of the lowest deck to get the best view of everything. Stayed with his group on the ship, and was able to talk to him after the ride around. I'm very glad to have met him, and I was able to thank him for everything he's done for the parks. He was such a kind and easy going man. Really was an honor.

Here is what I heard about Star Wars Land. Toon Town is where the show building for the main ride will be located. The rest of the land will be in the Big Thunder ranch area.

That placement just sounds atrocious. Having Star Wars Land behind Frontierland and Fantasyland sounds absolutely terrible and so random and out of place. I want Toon Town refurbished, and I want a Frontierland or Fantasyland expansion in the Big Thunder Ranch area.

That placement just sounds atrocious. Having Star Wars Land behind Frontierland and Fantasyland sounds absolutely terrible and so random and out of place. I want Toon Town refurbished, and I want a Frontierland or Fantasyland expansion in the Big Thunder Ranch area.
Yeah, it seems that they are probably squashing anything future out of frontierland that way too...although I don't think Disney had any thing that would logically fit into that area either.

What if the entrance to the land is Tatoonie? That would work and that is the last big unused chunk of land. Its hard to imagine though. 

It makes sense because they would still like to have Tomorrowland. I say just wait for the 3rd gate though. Star Wars and Marvel s the anchors of the park. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how DCA will handle the retheme in terms of if they'll just retheme it to esthetically match Grizzly and have it stay as Condor Flats, or if they'll get rid of the Condor Flats "land" and just make Grizzly Peak larger.

I'm crossing my fingers that the restoration and digital upgrade of Soarin' will go smoothly and not be a downgrade. I hope they do what Universal did with Simpsons.

I wonder how DCA will handle the retheme in terms of if they'll just retheme it to esthetically match Grizzly and have it stay as Condor Flats, or if they'll get rid of the Condor Flats "land" and just make Grizzly Peak larger.

I'm crossing my fingers that the restoration and digital upgrade of Soarin' will go smoothly and not be a downgrade. I hope they do what Universal did with Simpsons.
Kind of like how I personally believe Critter Country should be combined with Frontierland...sometimes 'lands' are so small its barely a whole 'land' at all.

From what I've seen/heard, Condor Flats is supposed to be scrapped entirely in favor for an expanded Grizzly Peaks. Critter Country is closed completely as well, but I'm not sure if it's going to be combined with any other land in the long run.

Condor Flats may have not been in the best condition, but I wish they would've just given it an extended refurb. I liked the theme. They could've made the area as a whole more vibrant and exciting, yet still kept the aviation theme. I'll be curious to see how they make an attraction like Soarin' fit into a land like Grizzly Peaks..

I think Critter Country is a big enough size with its own specific theme. Besides, with those two lands in Disneyland, they can maybe expand more in the future. With Condor Flats, it's this sliver of the park that feels shoehorned in with no room to grow. Attaching it to Grizzly makes perfect sense, and I personally can't wait to see it! I'm in love with the natural look of Grizzly Peak, so this will be nice.

I just hope they respect Soarin' and refurbish and update it properly. I have hope that WDI and Disney use a combination of multiple 4K projectors to "build/stitch" the entire Imax sized footage on the screen, similar to what Universal did with Simpsons. MiceChat suggesting they use ONE 4K projector and that it would be an upgrade in that way is hilarious and so misinformed. There's no higher quality footage than Imax, it's just that the film gets unfortunately dirty if not taken care of.

I wonder if Disney will simply order a new fresh Imax print of Soarin' and call it a day...? I hope not, because it'll just get filthy, since only Imax officials are trained to actually clean and deal with it, not random cast members.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts