HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It might depend on which mazes open first for early entry folks.  I think last year the Lower Lot mazes opened first, then the backlot mazes 15-30 minutes later.

It might depend on which mazes open first for early entry folks.  I think last year the Lower Lot mazes opened first, then the backlot mazes 15-30 minutes later.

Murdy did confirm that "Krampus" will be open for early entry in a tweet. I do think it is possible that "Krampus", "The Exorcist", and "Halloween Hell Comes To Haddonfield" will be open first.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I have a feeling the early entry mazes will be in a specific location group, so either all the backlot mazes, or all the lower lot mazes, not both. Also, probably not the upper lot attractions since those will get filled early by the 7:00 crowd

Murdy confirmed Backlot Mazes + Exorcist will be this year's early entry mazes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember what last year's early entry mazes were? I've never done anything early except for in 2014 where I got in early for opening scaremony, but obviously that's a different matter.

In all honesty I was conflicted about which mazes would be the most popular/crowded this year. Freddy vs Jason was my first guess since it was highly requested last year. The Exorcist has always been demanded and anticipated so I assumed that one as well. But American Horror Story is really popular, and considering by blog and video comments, a lot of fangirls of the show, most whom based on their comments, have never even heard of HHN have stated that they will be going this year to mainly see the AHS attraction

If all the backlot mazes open up for early entry, I'd want to get that long walk out of the way and get in line back there as opposed to lining up for Exorcist, then doing the walk.  Exorcist would be pretty easy to hit on the way back from the backlot, which then exits right near the entrance to Halloween.  It's possible they might start a line of people who get to then head towards to the backlot at a certain open time.  Or it's possible they will just have someone checking wristbands at the starting point for the walk to the backlot and we can go get in line right at the beginning of early entry.  It will be interesting to see how they do it this year since all the early entry mazes last year were on the lower lot.  I also wonder if there will be any scare zone stuff that early on the walk to the backlot.

Anyone else think it would be cool if they projected a snow storm / blizzard on the giant wall behind the Krampus facade? I asked Murdy on twitter and he said he's just doing lighting effects on the facade which is a huge missed opportunity. 

Anyone else think it would be cool if they projected a snow storm / blizzard on the giant wall behind the Krampus facade? I asked Murdy on twitter and he said he's just doing lighting effects on the facade which is a huge missed opportunity. 

I can totally see that. I remember in Orlando with the Silent Hill maze they did an effect with ashes falling down in the maze that were really wispy, sudsy bubbles, and although it would've been awesome for Krampus to do that outside in the front to make it look like snow, the unpredictable weather and such would obviously make that a huge challenge. Though I'm quite curious to see how AHS is doing and how it will ultimately look.

^YESSS! 

I know it's hard to describe, but at what proximity is the facade facing? Is it facing towards the back of the plaza buildings? Toward the arena? 

It's kind of hard to tell from my POV, as the signs were just about all I could see, but I think that because the signs are facing out toward the exit of Universal, the facade might be facing that way too? I could be wrong though, because I think the signs could also potentially be on the left side of the facade. Sorry I couldn't help much, but I'll take a better look this weekend and try to better describe the looks of it.