Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Well this is interesting.... what could this mean?

That response.... lmao

Hfn82JX.png

If I may ask, what is the Blumhouse? I did a search and found that Blumhouse productions has a ton of horror films. So when I see Blumhouse, is that a placeholder for one of their films that just has not been identified yet?

If I may ask, what is the Blumhouse? I did a search and found that Blumhouse productions has a ton of horror films. So when I see Blumhouse, is that a placeholder for one of their films that just has not been identified yet?

Just like you said, they've produced a TON of horror movies. Many of which are highly respected, but might not be able to really carry an entire house by themselves.

So, this would be a "best of Blumhouse" kind of thing. Think similar to Monster and Mayhem from HHN25.

Just like you said, they've produced a TON of horror movies. Many of which are highly respected, but might not be able to really carry an entire house by themselves.

So, this would be a "best of Blumhouse" kind of thing. Think similar to Monster and Mayhem from HHN25.

Ah ok , thanks.

Just wanted to point out in the Backround (Left of the Man) on a Table there is a Saw. Maybe not a Hint but pointing it out.

My Guess is probably the Gothic/Catacombs Crossover.

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out in the Backround (Left of the Man) on a Table there is a Saw. Maybe not a Hint but pointing it out.
There's a saw because it's still under construction...

Marketing is terrible. This isn't any sort of sneak peek to get excited for. The major focus is how creepy the guy is trying to look.

Trying...

I'm assuming this is the Shining since it's already been announced. I would think for a sneak peak like that they wouldn't want to show an unannounced house just in case someone here could figure out what it is. The effect they are going for doesn't require an unannounced house, it's just a soundstage and a wall under construction.

I know almost nothing about construction, can anyone speculate about what the tall framing is for? Would it be more behind the scenes technical stuff or could it contribute to a really tall scene?

If I remember right the houses in the soundstages sort of butt up against a shared area where the actors take breaks, get costumes, etc... so they build the houses so the guest paths avoid that sort of shared spot but that may or may not align with where the masking curtains normally hang on tracks in the stages.

Long story short, the buildings come with build in "stuff" and that can include large hanging black curtains that can be moved on a track to divide the space. Where they align with the plans - yay! - they get used there to stop light bleed and such. But where they don't you either hang some curtains on their own or you build large fabric panels to use as masking.

But you can also build a small segment of panel that the existing curtains can clip on to the side of - since this shot appears to be from an entry or exit door. So they use the curtains as they able to be hung to hide the house from entering guests and then attach it to the panel section just to anchor it and give a less obvious end of the masking than the dusty edge of an old curtain.

It's so tall because those curtains essentially go floor to ceiling.