Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That was always my issue with it. They advertised it as a VR house, but in reality it was an escape room with VR. Those are two very different things.

A very small escape VR room with very little space to move around! Lol.

The only part I enjoyed was that funny girl at the end where you get your drinks. At least she was entertaining and made funny jokes.

So the dust bowl/ scare crow house sounds pretty interesting. I can see a lot of potential in cool characters and since the tents make some great close quarters I wonder if this will have a touch of Tomb with everything being sand covered and blown around. I hope we get a windy room!

I was wondering what people think potential scenes will be? And I don't know as much about icon backgrounds so how does it fit in with Eddie? Or am I confusing that with something else ?

So the dust bowl/ scare crow house sounds pretty interesting. I can see a lot of potential in cool characters and since the tents make some great close quarters I wonder if this will have a touch of Tomb with everything being sand covered and blown around. I hope we get a windy room!

I was wondering what people think potential scenes will be? And I don't know as much about icon backgrounds so how does it fit in with Eddie? Or am I confusing that with something else ?
This house wouldn't have anything to do with Eddie (unless i'm misinformed) but may include a nod to Nathaniel Crowe if possible as many people believed him to be this years Icon. Not sure what the the rooms might look like but it has been stated that Universal is growing real corn for the facade. Personally I'm looking forward to this house more than any of the other rumored mazes

This house wouldn't have anything to do with Eddie (unless i'm misinformed) but may include a nod to Nathaniel Crowe if possible as many people believed him to be this years Icon. Not sure what the the rooms might look like but it has been stated that Universal is growing real corn for the facade. Personally I'm looking forward to this house more than any of the other rumored mazes
OH yeah Nathaniel Crowe! I knew I'd read it a few pages back but couldn't remember. Is this an icon that people know about or is it purely from leaks and speculation?

And also agreed this house is high on my anticipation list! It just sound like a really unique setting for a house, and a nice touch of classic halloween symbols in the scarecrows.

Reactions: JMalez
OH yeah Nathaniel Crowe! I knew I'd read it a few pages back but couldn't remember. Is this an icon that people know about or is it purely from leaks and speculation?

And also agreed this house is high on my anticipation list! It just sound like a really unique setting for a house, and a nice touch of classic halloween symbols in the scarecrows.
Nathaniel Crowe was an unused Icon for HHN18 and was rumored to be the Icon for this year (which isnt going to happen) Mike Aiello explained on a panel that Nathaniel Crowe was a super fan of the Carnival of Carnage and wanted to bring it back in his own way for 2008.

Reactions: orlandoiloveyou
Nathaniel Crowe was an unused Icon for HHN18 and was rumored to be the Icon for this year (which isnt going to happen) Mike Aiello explained on a panel that Nathaniel Crowe was a super fan of the Carnival of Carnage and wanted to bring it back in his own way for 2008.
Okay thank you for clearing it up for me. I love the event but am not well versed in the lore and backstory.

"Rumors" about Crowe are a bit hard to trust. He falls into a category with Fate, Jill, and the Halloween Tree concepts that were officially released by Universal as "unused concepts." I don't think Universal would condone the release of those ideas if they had any plans to use them. They may get adapted (Luck was a bastardized Fate and Jill became Chance), but using Crowe after officially saying "We didn't use Crowe," is silly.

Cindy and Eddie (and Chance) are different because they were formally integrated into the event without any "announcement" that they were unused. Eddie, obviously, was an announced icon. Cindy's story became entwined with the Caretaker in 2003 (Revisited had an actual shrine for her in the graveyard).

And all of that ignores the impact of Marketing now. Backstories are not a focus, one. Two, I imagine the department would rather create or adapt their own stuff and not be beholden to A&D.

That's Sprung Tent 2 in the picture. Blumhouse is supposedly in the new tent between MIB and FFL/B&T.

So is it supposed to be Vamp '74?