MSHI Expansion? | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Before I whip everyone into a frenzy, I'll explain.

The part I made up was Adventureland.

Right now, it just those crazy kids out there in Glendale trying to replicate the space folding visual effect using a Kuka Arm and the shapeshifting/projection mapping tech.

They are also working up another Marvel/Kuka attraction that won't come to FL.
A shapeshifting ride would suit Dr. Strange very well.

If Dr. Strange is being thought of for WDW, I can't imagine the ride going anywhere other than next to GotG at Epcot or somewhere in DHS. Maybe they could get away with Tomorrowland, but it would be an odd choice.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm just curious where Doctor Strange would go. As little sense as GOTG truly makes sense in Epcot, I can still see how they got the connection of Future = Space = GOTG. Doctor Strange though... besides just plopping it in a random spot in Studios, I have no idea where they could place it.

Spaceship Earth

Reactions: Disneyhead
The guy that told me about it and I were discussing placement and the vague Indian/Tibetan temples in the movie lead us to either Adventureland or DAK. Of course DHS is the obvious answer, but that never stopped Disney before.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
On one hand, Doctor Strange makes even less sense in Epcot than GOTG. On another hand... at least Wonder of Life will be gone? Really trying to think of a justification for this. :bonk:

Disney is pivoting Epcot into the Marvel park from what I heard
Granted it would mean a change of the contract, but there are a lot of visual similarities between the front of Epcot and the Stark Expo.

The thought in me goes for Doctor Strange more for the matter of Inter-Dimensional/universal travel through the Multiverse.

It'd be easy enough and it wouldn't cause that much to be changed for Marvel on the side of Epcot's Future World..

Would it ever be possible for Universal to buy the rights for Marvel Universe? Not really even being a realistic thing just is it possible ? And if so why not.

Would it ever be possible for Universal to buy the rights for Marvel Universe? Not really even being a realistic thing just is it possible ? And if so why not.
Sorry, you're gonna get a lot of jokes about this.

I'll take it at face value. Could Universal buy the entire Marvel Universe? Not even remotely. Universal would have to buy Marvel from Disney and Marvel isn't for sale. I would think it's easily a 20B+ purchase if it was.

Now, could Universal buy the rights to use the Marvel Universe movies as basis for the parks? A little more realistic, but still never going to happen. Disney wants to use these characters to boost their own parks. Unless Universal's payments to Disney could be a significant driver of all parks revenue, Disney has no incentive.

I'll take it at face value. Could Universal buy the entire Marvel Universe? Not even remotely. Universal would have to buy Marvel from Disney and Marvel isn't for sale. I would think it's easily a 20B+ purchase if it was.

Now, could Universal buy the rights to use the Marvel Universe movies as basis for the parks? A little more realistic, but still never going to happen. Disney wants to use these characters to boost their own parks. Unless Universal's payments to Disney could be a significant driver of all parks revenue, Disney has no incentive.
Thanks lol thats what's I meant. I heard someone say on another thread that it could be possible for Universal to buy or I think it was "negotiate" the rights for Marvel Universes iron man, spiderman, Avengers that kinda stuff.

Edit: I think this would be super smart. And I would love to see the same spiderman ride with Tom Holland or an avengers tower in the distance of a new imagined marvel world.

The possible trade bait here is the Hulk movie distribution rights. I could see a trade built around that in exchange for a permanent upgrade/update in what Universal can use for MSHI in terms of allowing MCU alongside the current comic-based offering.

But most likely the current stalemate is likely to prevail for a long time; neither side has an incentive to help the other side, and from a position of strength, there's no reason why Universal should let go of their current Marvel offering or the Hulk movie distribution rights.

Thanks lol thats what's I meant. I heard someone say on another thread that it could be possible for Universal to buy or I think it was "negotiate" the rights for Marvel Universes iron man, spiderman, Avengers that kinda stuff.

Edit: I think this would be super smart. And I would love to see the same spiderman ride with Tom Holland or an avengers tower in the distance of a new imagined marvel world.
The main problem is that Disney and Universal are cut-throat competitors in this space and that's why all that's happened in some legal maneuvering to clarify who owns what for theme parks east of the Mississippi and what can be used in Orlando.

So far the current contracts governing all this are stuff that was signed pre-Disney ownership.

It's hard to see either side "helping" the other at this point in time, especially given that Universal is a legit threat to take guest time post-Harry Potter.

The possible trade bait here is the Hulk movie distribution rights. I could see a trade built around that in exchange for a permanent upgrade/update in what Universal can use for MSHI in terms of allowing MCU alongside the current comic-based offering.

But most likely the current stalemate is likely to prevail for a long time; neither side has an incentive to help the other side, and from a position of strength, there's no reason why Universal should let go of their current Marvel offering or the Hulk movie distribution rights.

The main problem is that Disney and Universal are cut-throat competitors in this space and that's why all that's happened in some legal maneuvering to clarify who owns what for theme parks east of the Mississippi and what can be used in Orlando.

So far the current contracts governing all this are stuff that was signed pre-Disney ownership.

It's hard to see either side "helping" the other at this point in time, especially given that Universal is a legit threat to take guest time post-Harry Potter.
I totally get it, it was just a dream of mine.

Edit::(:cry:

I think it would be a risk. Sure Tom Holland is Spider-Man now but in 10 years, if it is somebody else, it will instantly look dated. We're on our 3rd Spider-Man in 10 years. Robert Downey Jr is 52, he's not going to be Iron Man forever.

The Hulk redo is what we should all be expecting from any future attractions in MSHI.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think it would be a risk. Sure Tom Holland is Spider-Man now but in 10 years, if it is somebody else, it will instantly look dated. We're on our 3rd Spider-Man in 10 years. Robert Downey Jr is 52, he's not going to be Iron Man forever.

The Hulk redo is what we should all be expecting from any future attractions in MSHI.
Damn it man.