Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow you're a funny one. There is nothing wrong with wanting a little more from them to build up the excitement for the many repeat fans.

Serious question: How long did you play the games from past years? I played around with them for a few hours tops, even before I started going to the event. None of them were all that good. Fun diversion for a few hours, but worth the endless gnashing of teeth that we've had since they stopped? Hardly.

Watching (or reading) THE SHINING or the other IPs would provide way more entertainment and help the time pass way quicker than a few simple Flash games.

Is AP Early Access available this year?

I'm sure it will be. Those dates usually come out a few weeks before the event starts

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question: How long did you play the games from past years? I played around with them for a few hours tops, even before I started going to the event. None of them were all that good. Fun diversion for a few hours, but worth the endless gnashing of teeth that we've had since they stopped? Hardly.

Watching (or reading) THE SHINING or the other IPs would provide way more entertainment and help the time pass way quicker than a few simple Flash games.
In reality you might be right that it might not occupy a bunch of time. However it is just sad that they put forth very little effort in the way of keeping us interested. Plus I am sure that you would have to agree that nothing tops the years that they released the short video clips of the director and the caretaker leading up to the event. Honestly for me that is what helped me remember those years more.

In reality you might be right that it might not occupy a bunch of time. However it is just sad that they put forth very little effort in the way of keeping us interested. Plus I am sure that you would have to agree that nothing tops the years that they released the short video clips of the director and the caretaker leading up to the event. Honestly for me that is what helped me remember those years more.
Year. One year got the video clips. 2016 where each of the four icons got a clip. All the other videos we've seen of the icons have been actual commercials.

People keep comparing things to the aughts. But the BEST website years (2004-2009) were when A&D had complete creative control of the final product. They don't have it anymore. They don't have most of the PEOPLE who did that anymore. And, most of all, that was before Uni had a year's worth of events to advertise and build for. And it's all the same people who develop HHN and Macy*s and Grinchmas and Mardi Gras and Summer Concert Series and Rock the Universe and all of individual shows that occur EVERY DAY on property. Back then, HHN was the jewel. Now, it's just part of the pack. The sooner the fans just accept that and learn to live with the event itself, the happier everyone will be.
I have a suspicion they ran into some issues that a group of white male designers didn't anticipate with this year's icon.
I've still gotten no confirmation that an icon is/was happening.

So does that basically make the Soul Collectors a mascot? Also, will Harvest of the Souls still be the Collectors house as Ifrit hinted or is it just another maze now?
First question: Sure. Why not? I've been joking about it, but the closest I think we have are the Iniquitus.

Second: From what I've seen and heard, I still think it could be a Soul Collector house. But I haven't gotten hard confirmation on it.

Reactions: horrornights789
First question: Sure. Why not? I've been joking about it, but the closest I think we have are the Iniquitus.

Second: From what I've seen and heard, I still think it could be a Soul Collector house. But I haven't gotten hard confirmation on it.

It's gonna be fun to see how they bring the Collectors into a scarecrow maze, hopefully the maze has diverse sets and shows the Collectors lair.

Year. One year got the video clips. 2016 where each of the four icons got a clip. All the other videos we've seen of the icons have been actual commercials.

People keep comparing things to the aughts. But the BEST website years (2004-2009) were when A&D had complete creative control of the final product. They don't have it anymore. They don't have most of the PEOPLE who did that anymore. And, most of all, that was before Uni had a year's worth of events to advertise and build for. And it's all the same people who develop HHN and Macy*s and Grinchmas and Mardi Gras and Summer Concert Series and Rock the Universe and all of individual shows that occur EVERY DAY on property. Back then, HHN was the jewel. Now, it's just part of the pack. The sooner the fans just accept that and learn to live with the event itself, the happier everyone will be.

I've still gotten no confirmation that an icon is/was happening.
One difference, the rest of those events are included with the gate. HHN is an upcharge so with the money it generates it should have priority

One difference, the rest of those events are included with the gate. HHN is an upcharge so with the money it generates it should have priority
In totality though, it IS the priority. Universal dedicates more money and resources to HHN than any other event. They hire more performers, pay more overtime to support staff, and spend more money on temporary construction than any other time of the year. And that shows in the quality of the product on the guests' arrival. A&D, Operations, F&B, Entertainment, Events, HR, and yes, even Marketing, put more effort into HHN than anything else. I'd argue they put more effort into HHN than any other Orlando parks' event.

When HHN marketing is looked at in a vacuum, it's a disappointment. It feels like an afterthought. BUT-

Do any other events get a slow roll of information to engage the audience? No. Mardi Gras, Concert Series, etc, just gets dumped in a blog post.
Do the other events have their own, "independent" social media presence? No.
Do the other events have their own, independent website? No. They have landing pages on the resort site.

Marketing does everything; all events and the resort itself. While the HHN fans were complaining about Marketing "doing nothing" in June, Marketing was focused on promoting a new water park (which should be a higher priority). Look around at other theme park haunts and compare. You'll see that Universal is still (arguably) the best in the business.

I just hope that stupid skull isn't on the hoodie. My JAck hoodie is looking pretty ragged and needs replacing, but not with that.

Reactions: Cameron
Moving back to last night's discussion. Had a conversation about the original houses with some people (who know more about them than I do). Based on what they're saying, my opinion on the most atmospheric houses (that I listed because of levels of personal preference) may be a bit flipped. They're saying Hive and Angels/Demons are the most atmospheric. Hive, especially, may surprise people. Both have details that would make them hard sells to me personally (vampires in one, music choice in the other), but it really emphasizes how strong the houses will be this year.

Cross fingers for good scareactors.

Moving back to last night's discussion. Had a conversation about the original houses with some people (who know more about them than I do). Based on what they're saying, my opinion on the most atmospheric houses (that I listed because of levels of personal preference) may be a bit flipped. They're saying Hive and Angels/Demons are the most atmospheric. Hive, especially, may surprise people. Both have details that would make them hard sells to me personally (vampires in one, music choice in the other), but it really emphasizes how strong the houses will be this year.

Cross fingers for good scareactors.

Is Hive going to be similar to Body Collectors where it's pretty quiet, but very creepy?

I'm not a sold on this year yet. Need more info before buying a ticket.

It's one thing too make fans wait.
But for no reason other then a sweepstakes is weird.
Marketing should be doing there job and give us info on the event(not saying everything at once) but something.

I'm a local who likes original idea.
The mythos, the Lore as you can say.

I'm just a really bummed out ran just like you guys are :(