Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a "fan" all I care about is one thing:

"Is the event good?"

The marketing could be a homeless guy with a sign stapled to his back wandering around Orlando for all I care.

Marketing is important Sean. Don't be silly.

But a full reveal August 3rd, house announcements in the summer, and interactive websites are only one type of marketing. The other type is TV ads, in resort promotion, and grocery store standees.

So what I'm saying in when will Kroger put out their standees so they can leak it all. lol

Really? you would be ok with knowing nothing until you walk in?

I'd be 100% okay with that. Until the quality of the even drops significantly, I trust them.

The marketing is part of the event. And in the best years - for instance, the Usher's year or Bloody Mary's year - a key part.

No, the marketing is not part of the event. The minute I step into the park I couldn't care less what the website looked like, what the commercials were, or when the full reveal happened.

This coming from the same guy who chastises Universal about holding onto announcements close to the vest instead of starting the hype train?

Different sides of the same coin. Universal has released the things that get the general population excited and coming to the event, i.e. American Horror Story, Shining, and Evil Dead. Universal needed to respond to the barrage of announcements Disney did to ensure the general public doesn't abandon them en-mass. They've done that with the DC announcement.

Different sides of the same coin. Universal has released the things that get the general population excited and coming to the event, i.e. American Horror Story, Shining, and Evil Dead. Universal needed to respond to the barrage of announcements Disney did to ensure the general public doesn't abandon them en-mass. They've done that with the DC announcement.

But you can satisfy both GP and hardcores. We're essentially a month out. This isn't like the countdown clock ended in late June or July.

Reactions: jrn14
But you can satisfy both GP and hardcores. We're essentially a month out. This isn't like the countdown clock ended in late June or July.

Sure, the countdown clock was dumb, but it's not the personal affront people are making it out to be. This would have been the earliest full reveal ever, so I'm not sure why people are so bent out of shape.

Sure, the countdown clock was dumb, but it's not the personal affront people are making it out to be. This would have been the earliest full reveal ever, so I'm not sure why people are so bent out of shape.

Oh I was never expecting full reveal. That would've been dumb. I was expecting more story on the Soul Collectors, with best case being original houses and zones revealed too. The Soul Collector gimmick seemed aimed for the fans. The new "interactive website" for the social media age. Let them do the marketing for you. In return - here's a bone of original content.

They very much hyped it up back then to be a full reveal. I was believing that they would do the same today but they didn't. It shows a lot of the issues I have with this year.

They never did say it would be a full reveal but when you hype it up and say a number of days until a Announcement of sorts people are gonna get excited.

They did have announcement today, it just wasn't the one me and many others were seeking (Well I don't anyone wanted to wait a Month for this announcement). They kept their word.
The only people who hyped this up was the fans, it's our fault for making it a big deal. Now if Orlando had a very interactive twitter like Hollywood does, maybe we could have been told not to expect anything. And yes, it wasn't the best decision for them to put a countdown clock, but it's not their fault if other people blow that completely out of proportion.

Reactions: Brian G.
The only people who hyped this up was the fans, it's our fault for making it a big deal. Now if Orlando had a very interactive twitter like Hollywood does, maybe we could have been told not to expect anything. And yes, it wasn't the best decision for them to put a countdown clock, but it's not their fault if other people blow that completely out of proportion.

The reactions to the countdown are almost entirely based on experiences from past events. If marketers didn't know how the countdown would be received, they are utterly awful at their jobs - which is not outside the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Sledge and jrn14
Don't get me wrong HHN's marketing has been weak, heck its been weak for a long time but the event keeps pulling bigger and bigger numbers. I'm not a fan of this move either but it will bring people to the site. When I say they are knocking it out of the park, I'm talking about overall Universal marketing including their Social Media teams as well (maybe especially).

I've been all for the marketing this year. I've had no issues until the countdown. That specific act was an unnecessary redirect. I know WHY they did it; the countdown got everyone excited about soul collecting. But the lack of a payoff made their motive transparent. Effective marketing doesn't leave people feeling cheated, justified or not.

The way some of you guys defend Universal, I would hope they cut you guys a check.

uUu9hwp.png
:clap::lol: