Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
pDIieEu.jpg

Got this email, but it's from Dollhouse of the Damned (confirmed by ForeverEvil1 over at HNN Forum).

Last edited:
This has been the most entertaining lead up to HHN ever. It's over a month away we pretty much know what's coming and everyone is freaking out over a lack of an announcement. Reading some of the comments here, the FB groups and elsewhere you would think this is the worst thing HHN could ever do. Some of this is just hilarious. The event will still be the same.

Personally I think I really like the way they're doing it. The past few years you get the announcements you're excited and then you just wait. We've had a few announcements, now with about a month left we'll either get a continuos flow or everything all at once and have a few weeks of construction updates and then it will be time. I think it will help sustain excitement for the event.

This has been the most entertaining lead up to HHN ever. It's over a month away we pretty much know what's coming and everyone is freaking out over a lack of an announcement. Reading some of the comments here, the FB groups and elsewhere you would think this is the worst thing HHN could ever do. Some of this is just hilarious. The event will still be the same.

Personally I think I really like the way they're doing it. The past few years you get the announcements you're excited and then you just wait. We've had a few announcements, now with about a month left we'll either get a continuos flow or everything all at once and have a few weeks of construction updates and then it will be time. I think it will help sustain excitement for the event.

I'm with you on this, but marketing still sucked this year. I already bought my tickets, just waiting for event hours before booking the hotel. I'm going either way but when marketing can interact with the fans, tease stuff and build up excitement, imo that adds to the whole experience. Now, I mean some people might be going overboard but that's just how they feel. All in all, I'm positive this will be a great event and I'm excited.

Reactions: DaPankRanger

Some of this is just hilarious? lol Like saying this has been the most entertaining lead up to HHN ever? That's a good one! Please rationalize to me how you believe that statement.

The whole build up has been mostly the word "soon". Oh... and a countdown to basically nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cameron
Some of this is just hilarious? lol Like saying this has been the most entertaining lead up to HHN ever? That's a good one! Please rationalize to me how you believe that statement.

The whole build up has been mostly the word "soon". Oh... and a countdown to basically nothing.
The reactions have just been over the top funny. I mean it's an announcement, you would think the event had been cancelled from some of the reactions. As an example I read a FB post today claiming that Universal had received a C&D from a large religious group and the event might be cancelled and that's why they haven't announced anything. :lol:

This was a good one:

We got the pricing info which is the important part for most for planning. We have three announcements and most hard core fans know what to expect. Most of the complaining is just silly. The sweepstakes thing was a bit of a fail on their part. To me house announcements are just bonus. It's definitely nice to know what's coming, but I think the excitement from the coming announcements will be better sustained up to the event.

Reactions: RevFreako
We got the pricing info which is the important part for most for planning. We have three announcements and most hard core fans know what to expect. Most of the complaining is just silly. The sweepstakes thing was a bit of a fail on their part. To me house announcements are just bonus. It's definitely nice to know what's coming, but I think the excitement from the coming announcements will be better sustained up to the event.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I don't get as excited when information is released at relatively the last minute. I prefer to go over it in my mind, watch it on tv, discuss it with whoever will listen for as long as possible. That's part of the enjoyment. Then you obviously get the excitement of going there and experiencing what you've gone over in your head. I just feel like the few announcements we did get were way too spaced out. Now we're a few days short of a month away from the event and there's 6 houses, 5/6 scare zones, and 2 shows that haven't been officially announced. I mean... that's most of the event that's officially unknown. I know that we have inside info on what to expect, but it just seems kinda lazy to me that they couldn't put more info out by now. Either that, or they don't think what they have to offer will get the people excited enough to make a difference. Either way, it sucks.

Reactions: youhow2
I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I don't get as excited when information is released at relatively the last minute. I prefer to go over it in my mind, watch it on tv, discuss it with whoever will listen for as long as possible. That's part of the enjoyment. Then you obviously get the excitement of going there and experiencing what you've gone over in your head. I just feel like the few announcements we did get were way too spaced out. Now we're a few days short of a month away from the event and there's 6 houses, 5/6 scare zones, and 2 shows that haven't been officially announced. I mean... that's most of the event that's officially unknown. I know that we have inside info on what to expect, but it just seems kinda lazy to me that they couldn't put more info out by now. Either that, or they don't think what they have to offer will get the people excited enough to make a difference. Either way, it sucks.

:)

Yeah, I can get that perspective. I think the general public views this event in a shorter timeframe, and in that case I think it's probably good marketing technique. I do think the one big missed opportunity they have with this is essentially announcing the announcement. They could have a big HHN reveal day a month out and let everyone know when it is. It would put at ease most of the impatient fans since they would at least know when it's coming and also probably create some trending social media.