Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am aware this is Orlando but Murdy from Hollywood accidentally confirmed that Saw: Legacy (Or Jigsaw) will be at the event.

To add more fuel to the lack of activity (& creativity) in regards to this year's event... HHN Singapore once again has a website game for its first house. The entire line-up was revealed in their blog, but they are doing a weekly update (with dates given on when the announcement/update will happen) for each house. The SZs & shows are also "coming soon".

The interesting thing about their "Death Mall" website game is, if you beat it before time runs out, you can enter for a chance to win 2 tickets to the event. Orlando's "Soul Collectors" should've gone the same route for the contest instead of that stupid (and pointless) countdown... of course, Orlando only has 4 original houses +IPs, while Singapore's houses are all original.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cameron
I know who butters my bread.

Here's the thing: I acknowledge the impatience. I'm fine with that. But I feel like a lot of people are forgetting (or never learned) the greater context that the lack of information is more normal than the "steady drip" of actual announcements everyone wants.

Marketing established a schedule weeks ago that determines when things would be released. While adjustments are "possible," they're not as simple as just doing it and announcing something else. Changing it requires rebuilding assets for the website, rushing hype vids, etc. So, when I say the complaints "read like whining," it's because it literally reads like whining. It's shouting at the wind. It won't change anything this year.

This isn't "inside knowledge." It's a basic understanding of how a business is run. And (surprise) Universal is a business.

Now, if Marketing is doing a bad job isn't up to us. It's not up to complaints on the message boards or on social media. From a marketing perspective, ANY engagement is good engagement. Success is determined by sales. And until ticket sales bomb, Marketing is doing fine.

In other news, Howl-o-Scream is announcing EVERYTHING today after two weeks of "We're back."

Universal is WELL ahead of everyone else regarding when it announces stuff.

Legacy I hope you win this sweepstakes:hail: It'd be fun to hear your opinion of how the event has changes since you've last been.

Reactions: Joel
I know who butters my bread.

Here's the thing: I acknowledge the impatience. I'm fine with that. But I feel like a lot of people are forgetting (or never learned) the greater context that the lack of information is more normal than the "steady drip" of actual announcements everyone wants.

Marketing established a schedule weeks ago that determines when things would be released. While adjustments are "possible," they're not as simple as just doing it and announcing something else. Changing it requires rebuilding assets for the website, rushing hype vids, etc. So, when I say the complaints "read like whining," it's because it literally reads like whining. It's shouting at the wind. It won't change anything this year.

This isn't "inside knowledge." It's a basic understanding of how a business is run. And (surprise) Universal is a business.

Now, if Marketing is doing a bad job isn't up to us. It's not up to complaints on the message boards or on social media. From a marketing perspective, ANY engagement is good engagement. Success is determined by sales. And until ticket sales bomb, Marketing is doing fine.

In other news, Howl-o-Scream is announcing EVERYTHING today after two weeks of "We're back."

Universal is WELL ahead of everyone else regarding when it announces stuff.

I want to jump in here to say something else quick. Universal's PR team is not large and they need to be factored in too. They set up interviews, coverage, and more with publications. Marketing works with them too.

What I've heard is the VB negative reactions this summer threw UOR for a loop and caused a cascading effect with some announcements. Combine this with having to reshuffle and reschedule all these different elements that's probably leading to fewer announcements than recent years.

Silence doesn't mean they forgot to plan houses for the event and are scrambling at the last minute.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I thought I saw something on Twitter about this week being 'announcement week' and now when I go back to search for it I can't find it. If that's the case then very exciting!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I thought I saw something on Twitter about this week being 'announcement week' and now when I go back to search for it I can't find it. If that's the case then very exciting!

You aren't mistaken.. It was posted by HHN - Orlando and said:

'Join us for #HHNRevealWeek beginning 8/12 where we'll be revealing new info about HHN every day at midnight (ET)' - August 12-16

Edit: The post was from 2013, Drew had retweeted it and it was too early in the morning for me to notice. False alarm.

Last edited:
Seems odd to do a reveal/announcement on a saturday/sunday without it being at a nerd/haunt convention.

Now if the dates were 14th-18th, that'd at least be Monday-Friday, which would make more sense. My guess, the dates were a typo & IF they do plan on doing "reveal week", it'll start on monday. Maybe we'll get lucky on saturday though.