Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A scareactor Sam would get absolutely mobbed. And casting someone who has to be so short (Sam is like, four foot) would only make things more dangerous.

Beside, Sam avoids crowds as a character.

And yet I bet some of the same people who complain has HHN should be accurate to its IPs will still complain.

Also, static figure is a safer photo op than live scareactor.

I’m hearing that Festival of the Deadliest is going to be similar to Festival of the Dead at HHN10, basically using the Mardi Gras parade floats, costumes, slight HHN mods to the outfits.

Think Mardi Gras but with undead/monsters, the floats will be used in the same respect as the homecoming float last year too, non functioning but a showstopper

Will we ever get an explanation of things that went on behind the scenes (if anyone here actually knows?)
*shrug*

Maybe toward the end of the run I'll explain some of what I've heard. I'm one person though, and make no promises that I know definitive details.
I’m hearing that Festival of the Deadliest is going to be similar to Festival of the Dead at HHN10, basically using the Mardi Gras parade floats, costumes, slight HHN mods to the outfits.

Think Mardi Gras but with undead/monsters, the floats will be used in the same respect as the homecoming float last year too, non functioning but a showstopper
:blank:

That's not what I've heard. Again, I've heard two casts of creatures (Blood and Bone) and designs more... medieval? Fantastic? Blood Abbey-esque? Not Mardi Gras at all. They've already shown concept art for the zone (the float with two circular platforms).

If it IS something more Mardi Gras, then there's even way more disfunction behind the scenes than we thought.

Reactions: SeventyOne
And still no word on Repository.

So... while it "is" possible (last year it was built in the last month before opening), I'm not expecting its return this year.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's weird Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party has already started but the houses aren't fully revealed yet

(@Brian G. Feel free to promote this post at your discretion).

So, Hook.

First, I want to give some background on where the codename "Hook" came from. The audition sheets for HHN Orlando this year listed call times and locations for houses and streets. They were categorized as such (houses and zones). The zones had five listed locations (AoS, HW, CP, NY, and SF), PLUS "Horde" and the enigmatic "Hook."

Now, what caught my attention about it was that it was the only "street" that was given a legitimate codename. Everything else was pretty obvious about what it was and where it was supposed to be while Hook was intentionally vague. Was it a show? Was it a parade? Was it simply a new street? (I was fairly certain it wasn't a separate horde because then they could have have Horde 1 and Horde 2.)

What I did know was this; "Hook" was important. The fact that it was so secret meant it had to be. While there are physical hooks, I immediately ascribed it as a major draw. Something that would "hook" in the crowds for this year's HHN. Was it an Icon or something else?

It captivated me... so I started asking everyone I could about what Hook could have been.

And I still have never gotten it confirmed, but I've heard enough of what was planned for this year that I'm about 85% confident I'm right.

Most of this is pulled from my sources. But of particular note was Universal's audition announcement for experienced sword fighters. Now that the streets are released, I can comfortably say that I don't see actual sword fighting fitting anywhere (though I may get surprised with it in Purge or Festivaliest of the Deadlyliest).

Besides, really, what is sword fighting but waving around sticks in a precise manner?

Yep. I think Hook was Harry Potter.

Specifically, it would have mimicked Japan's Deatheater attack but would likely have included crowd interaction, projection mapping on the London Waterfront and apparation entrances and exits. And it wouldn't have been confined to the waterfront either, but could include Knockturn and Diagon proper.

I'm a bit disappointed, since I was told it's not happening. Most disappointing though is how close it seemed. Supposedly, Deatheater costumes that used the patterns from Japan were being constructed in Orlando. Or they were at least ordered.

Now, don't ask why it's not happening (if it's not happening). With Bill and Ted's farewell, it's entirely possible Universal didn't want the crowd control nightmare of both Bill and Ted AND Deatheaters in London. But there is precedent for a show like this occurring, and there's precedent for good ideas never dying at Universal.

Last edited:
(@Brian G. Feel free to promote this post at your discretion).

So, Hook.

First, I want to give some background on where the codename "Hook" came from. The audition sheets for HHN Orlando this year listed call times and locations for houses and streets. They were categorized as such (houses and zones). The zones had five listed locations (AoS, HW, CP, NY, and SF), PLUS "Horde" and the enigmatic "Hook."

Now, what caught my attention about it was that it was the only "street" that was given a legitimate codename. Everything else was pretty obvious about what it was and where it was supposed to be while Hook was intentionally vague. Was it a show? Was it a parade? Was it simply a new street? (I was fairly certain it wasn't a separate horde because then they could have have Horde 1 and Horde 2.)

What I did know was this; "Hook" was important. The fact that it was so secret meant it had to be. While there are physical hooks, I immediately ascribed it as a major draw. Something that would "hook" in the crowds for this year's HHN. Was it an Icon or something else?

It captivated me... so I started asking everyone I could about what Hook could have been.

And I still have never gotten it confirmed, but I've heard enough of what was planned for this year that I'm about 85% confident I'm write.

Most of this is pulled from my sources. Of particular note was Universal's audition announcement for experienced sword fighters. Now that the streets are released, I can comfortably say that I don't see actual sword fighting fitting anywhere (though I may get surprised with it in Purge or Festivaliest of the Deadlyliest).

Because, really, what is sword fighting but waving around sticks in a precise manner?

Yep. I think Hook was Harry Potter.

Specifically, it would have mimicked Japan's Deatheater attack but would likely have included crowd interaction, projection mapping on the London Waterfront and apparation entrances and exits. And it wouldn't have been confined to the waterfront either, but could include Knockturn and Diagon proper.

I'm a bit disappointed, since I was told it's not happening. Most disappointing though is how close it seemed. Supposedly, Deatheater costumes that used the patterns from Japan were being constructed in Orlando. Or they were at least ordered.

Now, don't ask why it's not happening (if it's not happening). With Bill and Ted's farewell, it's entirely possible Universal didn't want the crowd control nightmare of both Bill and Ted AND Deatheaters in London. But there is precedent for a show like this occurring, and there's precedent for good ideas never dying at Universal.
I wish you didn't post this because I am now devastated this isn't happening.

Cool inside details Legacy. Personally I'm more than ok with this not happening. Crowds would be even more of a sh$t show. I like the original and tradional IPs at HHN. They can stew on this and do it another time ....

Of concern, to me this could signal a softening of HHN. So now you've got a bunch of kids running around HHN to see the Harry Potter Hallowe'en. NO THANKS. I hope they think very very carefully about integrating Potter and HHN.

I can say WB absolutely HATED the Deatheater show in Japan. So I think this might have been a political gambit by entertainment to do a new halloween show approved by WB. Nothing was approved. Additionally marketing hates the idea of any Harry Potter in HHN due to the idea guests would by entrance to HHN for anything Potter. If you care about HHN you do not want Potter in it.