Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just waitin on that announcement...BTW, what would you guys think of a Rick And Morty house. It's got a diverse amount of sets, and would work as a comedy house. With a bunch of interactive stuff. I'm trying to do a sketchup treatment for it rn and it's actually coming out pretty well.

Scary Terry coming out telling me I can run, but I can't hide a dozen times would be amazing. All in for this.

I really like the gameplay of FNAF1 and even FNAF2. But I wish Scott had put together a more consistent story. Honestly, I think its popularity with little kids--along with the fact that PewDiePie is responsible for a lot of that young fandom--is why FNAF gets a lot of hate.

I'm just hoping the extremely late reveals aren't the equivalent of a review embargo--i.e., a warning sign of poor quality. That's why it's good to know the people responsible for building these houses aren't responsible for actually releasing the info.

Last edited:
They intentionally revealed nothing about Blumhouse at last night's rehearsal (but spoke openly about everything else).

The changes internal to that house have wreaked all sorts of habit.

Are there more problems going on beyond the Ouija/Purge swap? Considering Insidious was just confirmed for Hollywood and Purge is already announced as a scarezone, I'm not sure what else it could be. Maybe Sinister?

i have some theory on why blumhouse is not reveiled yet
  1. They are trying too hurry for the purge part in that house too be finish before they can market it.
  2. blumhouse went though the house and wasn't happy so they have too "change things"
  3. market is being a assh*le
  4. Blum wanted another move added MOST LIKELY A NEW (same as 2)
  5. the soul collecters have taken the A&D souls and market is clueless on building sh*t so it is up too us THE PEOPLE of this forms too save HHN and kill the soul collecters.
  6. I AM THE SOUL COLLECTER!

JK -_-

Reactions: ChaseTuff and jrn14
You have to remember that Marketing and A&D, while they work together, are separate entities. The lack of announcements at this point "falls" on Marketing.

Now, when I say "wreaking havoc" it's a bit of hyperbole. I don't know what sort of legal agreement Uni made with Blumhouse regarding WHEN to announce. But changing Ouija to Purge may have changed the original agreement. It likely may have changed write-ups and graphics for the announcement. Again, changes like this are far more complicated than copy/paste in a press release.

The fact that they haven't at least announced the original houses yet is just beyond stupid. This kids, is why it is not always "OMGZ AMAZING" to work with IPs... They may bring in crowds, but they can also screw you over royally.

I think AvED is gonna be at a disadvantage since it's a lesser known IP.
A lesser known IP? Um... how in the hell do you even figure? Its a sequel tv series to a very well known & popular cult classic! (i mean come on, there is even a Just because its on Starz doesn't make it a lesser known IP, it means its less accessable. Big difference.

Reactions: MattA
This kids, is why it is not always "OMGZ AMAZING" to work with IPs... They may bring in crowds, but they can also screw you over royally.

The first (failed) attempt at AWiL. Scream. Conjuring. Now Blumhouse. And I think I'm missing one or two. Not to mention the handcuffs that come with adopting an IP. As HHN runs out of A-list IPs, you have to wonder if it's really worth the effort.

A lesser known IP? Um... how in the hell do you even figure? Its a sequel tv series to a very well known & popular cult classic! (i mean come on, there is even a Just because its on Starz doesn't make it a lesser known IP, it means its less accessable. Big difference.

Isn't a "cult classic" by definition a lesser known IP with a loyal following? Well-known IPs are simply "classics."

The fact that they haven't at least announced the original houses yet is just beyond stupid. This kids, is why it is not always "OMGZ AMAZING" to work with IPs... They may bring in crowds, but they can also screw you over royally.

I would say confidently it's lesser known than AHS, Saw, or The Shining.

Doesn't mean it's going to be bad.. but it is more niche... it just is. :D

I would say confidently it's lesser known than AHS, Saw, or The Shining
Lesser known than those? Hardly... The only difference between it & AHS is, one is on a pay-per-view network & the other regular cable. Again... people know who Ash is, they know what Evil Dead is... if they don't, they're morons.

Also... you can't say those are more well known than the other because you're still going to have people who have NEVER seen them (in this era, i wouldn't be surprised if someone had never heard of it).

Let me put it this way... There was a group of young 20-somethings next to me when I went to see "A Goofy Movie" that clearly had never seen it before. :died: Hell, when I was at "The IT Experience" yesterday, there were two people infront of me (19 or 20), who had never even seen or heard of "IT", let alone, been through a haunted house. :cautious: (NOT KIDDING). So don't count on one IP being better known than another.

Reactions: JMalez
Lesser known than those? Hardly... The only difference between it & AHS is, one is on a pay-per-view network & the other regular cable. Again... people know who Ash is, they know what Evil Dead is... if they don't, they're morons.

Also... you can't say those are more well known than the other because you're still going to have people who have NEVER seen them (in this era, i wouldn't be surprised if someone had never heard of it).

Let me put it this way... There was a group of young 20-somethings next to me when I went to see "A Goofy Movie" that clearly had never seen it before. :died: Hell, when I was at "The IT Experience" yesterday, there were two people infront of me (19 or 20), who had never even seen or heard of "IT", let alone, been through a haunted house. :cautious: (NOT KIDDING). So don't count on one IP being better known than another.

Wait, what?

Again... people know who Ash is, they know what Evil Dead is... if they don't, they're morons.

Also... you can't say those are more well known than the other because you're still going to have people who have NEVER seen them

Wait, what?

Again... people know who Ash is, they know what Evil Dead is... if they don't, they're morons.

Also... you can't say those are more well known than the other because you're still going to have people who have NEVER seen them
Don't mind Chris. He's been like this since the HHN Vault days. ;)

This delay from marketing is annoying but only a few weeks till we'll be standing in S&S with a beer in hand. :cool:

...only a few weeks till we'll be standing in S&S with a beer in hand. :cool:
A more exciting thought than anything they could announce today!

At this point I kind of hope they wait a couple more weeks just to see everyone react. We all know what everything is mostly, marketing missed their moment to build any kind of hype up. Now is the time when the excitement shifts to anticipating the beginning of the event, any announcements at this point really kind of lose their momentum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkchop and HHNSK