Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

I'm not sure what type of ride either, they don't have a ton of land to play with there so it'll likely either be a Fantasyland-style busbar or a flat.

It could also be some variant of a Ferris wheel or tower ride or something.

That weird spinny chinese food box thing from Fliks Fun Fair redone as Will of the Wisp would be kinda neat.

Yeah, I’ve been trying to wrap my head around how a flat ride could effectively be themed with Brave and still be “true” to the film and all I can think of is a tea-cups spinner themed to the will’o wisps or a “dance” attraction similar to what they have at Carsland themed to a dance at the banquet.

Yeah, I’ve been trying to wrap my head around how a flat ride could effectively be themed with Brave and still be “true” to the film and all I can think of is a tea-cups spinner themed to the will’o wisps or a “dance” attraction similar to what they have at Carsland themed to a dance at the banquet.
I'm honestly expecting a chair swing with the cars themed to arrows...Or a dumbo spinner with the cars themed to barrels...Not trying to be funny, that's just the easiest route to go to shove in a property to a flat ride..

What if it’s a moving theatre like the Carousel of Progress? That wouldn’t take up too much space while remaining one step above a B-ticket flat.

I'm still liking the idea of a shooter using the TSMM ride system. I mean, Merieda is a shooter. Epcot could use a shooter. EVERYONE loves TSMM.

If they do a shooter, the only real way is if they can do the Archery scene from the film but in a way that makes it portable, allowing the ride to go through the forests of the film and to meet characters along the way.

So, at the 35th anniversary ceremony today, George Kalogridis maintained that Epcot will “always be an optimistic celebration of the real world.” He also literally said, “I promise you that the exciting plans we have on the horizon will honor Epcot’s rich legacy of creativity and innovation.”

Quite a bold statement. I don't like people who break their promises, George!

So, at the 35th anniversary ceremony today, George Kalogridis maintained that Epcot will “always be an optimistic celebration of the real world.” He also literally said, “I promise you that the exciting plans we have on the horizon will honor Epcot’s rich legacy of creativity and innovation.”

How to creatively shove things where they don't belong and innovate new excuses as to how what we see isn't what we see.

Gotcha, George.

If he wants fans to not kill him, it's easier to just move to Alaska

At least they're trying to pay lip-service to the idea of keeping some of Epcot's founding ideas intact. I'm extraordinarily skeptical that that will translate to anything in a concrete way.

Is there enough room for a TSMM-style ride? It seems like that'd take up too much space based on what's available.

Is there enough room for a TSMM-style ride? It seems like that'd take up too much space based on what's available.
And someone over at MAGIC pointed out that the rumored ride is rumored to be a B/C Ticket. And a TSMM style shooter would be at least a D Ticket. So :shrug:

Marni said it's not a flat, so are we just looking at a '70s style Fantasyland dark ride here?

Last edited:

Disney has done nothing in the past decade to make me believe that.

Quite the opposite, actually. And nothing I've heard planned is making me doubt my pessimism. I do believe it will be a more fun park than it is today. But I think the depth and purpose will take a real kick to the crotch.
It will no doubt be a more fun park. Hell, GOTG is practically an addition rather than replacement the way I look at it bc who honestly did UoE on a regular basis (or more than once a year even)?

At the same time, I feel like the park (well, at least Future World) is losing any sense of theme, so that's where I'm most concerned.