Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

I didn't go, but I checked the wait times app throughout the night, as I was at SFMM's Fright Fest, and was curious to know how it was shaping up. If the times there are to be believed, at around 10:30, the longest line was for Insideous at 70 minutes. Long, but nothing like the 2-3 hour waits for over half the mazes we've seen in the past. Most other mazes were at 40-50 minutes, with Terror Tram at 15.

I think they either finally lowered the capacity, or there really aren't as many people going.

I hope that next year we can actually get good transitions and maybe a bigger budget so black walls can’t be a cop out. This year’s still not bad, but compared to how amazing 2016 was I hope they can revive themselves(and maybe not bring back Purge next year!)

Is Jurassic Park worth getting on during HHN? Never been on the "dark" variant and want to know ahead of time before I make the mistake of getting on it on Saturday.
Honestly if you've never experienced it then yeah do it. Nothing really changes throughout the ride until the end portion, but in my opinion its fun. I wouldn't wait more then 30 mins for it and if that day happens to be packed and your main priority are the mazes then yeah skip it.

Is Jurassic Park worth getting on during HHN? Never been on the "dark" variant and want to know ahead of time before I make the mistake of getting on it on Saturday.

It's the same exact ride with "Welcome to the Jungle" playing in the finale scene with a mere strobe light going off and I think 2 or 3 static raptors far off to the sides. Why they think this is an acceptable addition to the lineup and to market it as "in the dark" is beyond me. There's no added scares, scareactors, blood, new soundtrack (other than the end), animatronic dinosaurs, or anything new of the like worth seeing for HHN. Do it only if you have the time and know for sure you'll see all the mazes. I would say a 15 minute wait or less would be acceptable, because keep in mind the ride itself is also lengthy and could take a huge chunk out of your night. Usually it's a walk-on because who wants to get wet that late.

This is the one area of HHN they definitely could make much better. There's so much potential for a really good and scary overlay if they just put a few scareactors in certain platform areas. At least a new soundtrack, some extra gory dead bodies, ANYTHING.

As of less than a week ago, I didn’t think I would be able to go. Alas, a friend helped us score a REALLY good flight deal so it’s happening....after being grossly disappointed with our HHN, I will be attending HHN 27!!!! So stoked for my visits on the 25th and the 26th!

I look forward to writing a comparison review. While I’m down there, I’m going to check out IoA for Hulk, Kong, and Spidey and Animal Kingdom to hit up Pandora and reride my favorite ride at WDW (Everest).

Oddly enough, I've been going to Orlando every bad year Hollywood has had (‘10, ‘13, ‘15). Why break the streak? :)

I'm going to Orlando's haunt next week. I'm curious to compare as well. I'm a veteran of Hollywood's, and have been to Orlando many times, but never for their haunt.

A: Stand outside the main entrance of USH, sell two tickets to the event to hopeful guests. Proceed to take her on real date.

HHN is a real date, WTF? It's pretty dang expensive, most girls love scary stuff (it's an aphrodisiac), it's a great way to talk to someone because of the lines, you get to see their attitude, behavior and personality in various situations, they cling on to you a lot, there's time for meals to talk over like any other date, and it's a very long night so you get a super amount of time with this person you're getting to know. Better than "dinner and a movie" any day, especially considering during a movie you don't get to talk and dinner is forced and can be awkward.

Or at least I've had plenty of success with this date, but maybe that's just me lol

Yeah I've had great times with my date at HHN last year, it's honestly really fun when done right and magical. I don't think it's worth it this year though

HHN is a real date, WTF? It's pretty dang expensive, most girls love scary stuff (it's an aphrodisiac), it's a great way to talk to someone because of the lines, you get to see their attitude, behavior and personality in various situations, they cling on to you a lot, there's time for meals to talk over like any other date, and it's a very long night so you get a super amount of time with this person you're getting to know. Better than "dinner and a movie" any day, especially considering during a movie you don't get to talk and dinner is forced and can be awkward.

Or at least I've had plenty of success with this date, but maybe that's just me lol
You could also find out the hard way that shes