HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's what I'm afraid of, TBH.. that could lead to budget cuts for 2018..
If they are going to do Stranger Things, It, and/or the Conjuring next year, they cannot afford to screw those up like they did with AvED, Shining and...well, virtually everything else this year; especially if they do the first two I mentioned.

Can you imagine the outrage people would ensue when their excited selves are about to go through It (The movie) and then half the house is a guy in a bad Pennywise mask jumping out at you, with the same drill noise they have used since HoTC, from a random hole in a black hallway with strings hanging down, accompanied by Murdy’s awful voice acting saying, “You’ll float too!”? You can’t blame me for thinking that way because that’s how most of the houses were.

This year was pretty clear it was a budget disaster from the looks of everything. Like I said earlier, if they do It and Stranger Things and screw those up, that will virtually finish off their fan base. There is enough bad word of mouth as is and the lack of sold out nights compared to last year shows.

This year was pretty clear it was a budget disaster from the looks of everything. Like I said earlier, if they do It and Stranger Things and screw those up, that will virtually finish off their fan base. There is enough bad word of mouth as is and the lack of sold out nights compared to last year shows.

Word of mouth is that USH have realized they screwed up.Which is probably why they're gonna be cautious and might not even do any of the properties you mentioned.

Reactions: Horror Lover
You guys are treating this year as if all of the previous years were garbage. Years before (2010-2014) were beautiful as most of you know and whose to say we won't see more original properties next year.

If Conjuring doesn’t come next year because they wanna be cautious I’m gonna be pissed. Also, they should bring more people on the team to change things up, all of the mazes this year used the same scare style

Apparently the lawsuit for Warner Bros regarding the Conjuring will be going to court in April of next year, so I doubt we'll see it next year:
The Huge Conjuring Lawsuit Looks Like It Will Go To Trial

I feel like IP's that seem to be the most in demand, such as The Conjuring franchise, IT, Stranger Things, Trick 'r Treat, Scream and Hellraiser, may have better chances of coming in 2019 or later, but next year I bet USH may utilize IPs like The Strangers or Halloween because the rights are easier to obtain, budgets for the houses wouldn't be too extensive, and they both have upcoming sequels.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHNManics
I have to say I went to HHN this year and man, the Ash vs Evil Dead maze is generally disappointing, there are blacks walls being placed all over which totally kills the immersion of the actual TV series.

Was Saturday night crowded? I was at Knott’s last night and it was packed.

Saturday night for HHN is generally packed though, especially after I went to the Shining Maze right it opened at 5:15 am and a couple minutes when I finished, the Insidious maze was like 45 minutes, it feels like it's an hour standing for the maze but the Upper Lot mazes weren't bad until after 8:00 m. The Blumehouse of horrors is more packed than any mazes I've ever seen which can last to even to 1:30 am.