Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

You would think that due to last year's major success that this year would be phenomenal or even better compared to last year. I still have yet to see it for myself (going Saturday and the 21st) so I guess I'm still talking out of my rear. Years from now, I would like to know the original lineup and plans for the event.

You would think that due to last year's major success that this year would be phenomenal or even better compared to last year. I still have yet to see it for myself (going Saturday and the 21st) so I guess I'm still talking out of my rear. Years from now, I would like to know the original lineup and plans for the event.

Honestly I liked this year, and felt there were a few things done better than last year, yet 2016 was much better; yet at the same time, it was the first year I came back with legitimate criticisms. I could see why people were, in general, upset about black walls, whereas in past years I didn't care about them. I think this will give the creative team proof that it's time to give some IPs a rest for a while. The Purge, Insidious, Saw, the Titans of Terror, all of them may have been great headliners in past years, but clearly people have gotten tired of them and next year they hopefully can take some risks with more new IPs. Granted, I have a feeling AHS: Cult is coming to the event next year, and despite being a huge AHS fan, I'm not that thrilled about this current season.

Cult would work much better as a Scarezone rather than a maze. If they couldn't find a way for Get Out to work then I doubt Cult would be any better. Sure, it has it's own identity besides the political aspect but there's only so much you can do with it. All I can think of is Kai's clown posse, that's it.

Cult would work much better as a Scarezone rather than a maze. If they couldn't find a way for Get Out to work then I doubt Cult would be any better. Sure, it has it's own identity besides the political aspect but there's only so much you can do with it. All I can think of is Kai's clown posse, that's it.

I have an odd theory about next year, and I really want it to be false, but I'm basing it off the worst case scenario of a lowered budget because of this year's reception. Basically I'm assuming next year they're gonna bring IP's that don't require elaborate monsters, puppets, and extravagant special effects, such as The Thing, American Werewolf in London, or AvP. Considering that properties like Halloween, The Strangers, and AHS: Cult all have antagonists that are basically just humans with masks, it would result in them investing their budget in other areas, like improving scare zones, adding stuff to Terror Tram, etc. Again, I think this is a possibility but not something I want to see with all my heart. It's just after seeing how some of the mazes were executed this year, I could definitely see the team executing Cult in the same manner.

I am currently buying tickets and I am planning to use my mom's annual pass ticket for a discount. Am I allowed to do this? I am ordering a ticket right now and it says that I may need to show a valid ID that matches the name printed on the ticket.

I am currently buying tickets and I am planning to use my mom's annual pass ticket for a discount. Am I allowed to do this? I am ordering a ticket right now and it says that I may need to show a valid ID that matches the name printed on the ticket.

Yes, they don't check ID. My friends buy discounted tix from me too and never were asked for ID.

Honestly it might be up in the air for Asylum or Cult as a house for next year. John realllyyyy wants to do Asylum but Cult would be the newest and (arguably) most recognizable season at the moment. Only difficulties for the seasons are the social commentary of Cult and the possiblilities of Asylum being expensive. Either way it should be a good house, which even Coven would be good for

Honestly it might be up in the air for Asylum or Cult as a house for next year. John realllyyyy wants to do Asylum but Cult would be the newest and (arguably) most recognizable season at the moment. Only difficulties for the seasons are the social commentary of Cult and the possiblilities of Asylum being expensive. Either way it should be a good house, which even Coven would be good for

I would be surprised if Cult comes to hollywood, especially when you consider how they may get negative reactions due to what is in Cult to begin with.

That said, can we please halt on any speculation for HHN2018 until the event wraps up, and just talk about updates for HHN2017 that will be ongoing throughout this event?

My promise was I'll only allow speculation for 2018 once opening night is over. Well.... Who wants to create the thread?

To say this, it will only result in @Brian G. or a mod taking it down. Patience is needed, and that one can wait a while more for talk about 2018 to begin.

That said, just because opening night has already passed; it won't mean that they may throw a surprise curve-ball that you may not expect.

Fakes their age? You do know that HHN Hollywood isn't age restricted, right?

My good friend had an extra after 4pm ticket for me on a day I was blacked out. He took a picture of it on his phone while waiting in line for a maze LOL, sent it to me, and I got in the event with ease. They're very lenient this year.

Fakes their age? You do know that HHN Hollywood isn't age restricted, right?

My good friend had an extra after 4pm ticket for me on a day I was blacked out. He took a picture of it on his phone, sent it to me, and I got in with ease. They're very lenient.

I know that HHN isn't age restricted, but that wasn't where I was going with that.

I am surprised that they are lenient, but considering that they also allowed +1's this year for the Employee Preview, I have to wonder why are they being lenient in the first place when several other places I believe are more restricting of what people can and can't do.

HHN; makes a crap ton of money. And when you are a Multi-million dollar property of entertainment; I would think they would have more security and tighter holds on training TM's to do things that should be expected.

I've always wondered this but never asked it because it may not be an appropriate question to ask but, what the hey...

Roughly how much money do you think John Murdy makes?