2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Crazy revelation that I didn’t even think about: the investment in all this is astounding. Based on some details I’ve got, just the projection show probably costs between $4-$5 million.

Crazy revelation that I didn’t even think about: the investment in all this is astounding. Based on some details I’ve got, just the projection show probably costs between $4-$5 million.

That makes sense, but I would wonder if the cost's of it may of been split from Hollywood and Orlando due to both shows pretty much being the exact same, and that the total we may be looking at is 8 to 10 million overall for just the projection mapping show.

That makes sense, but I would wonder if the cost's of it may of been split from Hollywood and Orlando due to both shows pretty much being the exact same, and that the total we may be looking at is 8 to 10 million overall for just the projection mapping show.
That would make sense. Just the projectors would be about a quarter of that cost. (BTW, they use 9 for the show).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Thinking about it, especially with this year; the fact that the opening weekend may be seeing attendance highs for holiday events makes me think that this will be mainly the start of what they can do for Universal Orlando Resort as a holiday destination for this time of the year. And that a part of me wonders if they could try to get a holiday nighttime show at USF next year to accompany the new Lagoon show for USF. And then that we see that Yule Ball once talked about in the past fully implemented as a up-charge offering.

And that's not even talking of the possibility of adding more to the parade, ontop of the fact that Universal will be getting Ranken/Bass characters in their hands with a lapse of the SeaWorld character rights.

Reactions: UNIrd
Thinking about it, especially with this year; the fact that the opening weekend may be seeing attendance highs for holiday events makes me think that this will be mainly the start of what they can do for Universal Orlando Resort as a holiday destination for this time of the year. And that a part of me wonders if they could try to get a holiday nighttime show at USF next year to accompany the new Lagoon show for USF. And then that we see that Yule Ball once talked about in the past fully implemented as a up-charge offering.

And that's not even talking of the possibility of adding more to the parade, ontop of the fact that Universal will be getting Ranken/Bass characters in their hands with a lapse of the SeaWorld character rights.
Yea. Generally the weekend before Thanksgiving is real slow at Universal So, it will be key to watch what happens from Nov. 28th to Dec. 14th, also traditionally slow days. If they're moderate crowds, watch out for Dec. 15 to Jan. 7, they might be crazy busy.

Crowds sseemed heavy today, I'm surprised the hours aren't later for all this new Christmas stuff. I do think word of mouth will spread quickly about the Hogwarts show & parade.

How about this: all the decorations and upgrades need to be designed for hurricanes and bad weather. Way more expensive than just stringing up garland and lights like in Japan.

Spent most of my evening at the parks tonight and gonna say, I'm impressed.
- The Holiday Parade was great and made Superstar look like even more of a joke. It's still not as great as most Disney parades IMO, as it seemed a bit too slow and sparse at times, but was overall very enjoyable.
- The decorations across the parks in general were fantastic. This is my first time visiting the parks around the holidays and Hollywood, New York, London, Hogsmeade, and Seuss Landing stood out in particular.
- The Hogwarts show was also great. Projection mapping has been done to death at WDW but it's still relatively unique at UOR, meaning the show felt different than everything else in the parks. There was even some unique effects with it because of Hogwarts' unique shape/layout. Overall, very well-made and probably Uni's best nighttime show so far... not that the bar is high, at all. The one downfall of the show was the crowds. The area is very clearly not designed for show viewing at all. If they want to make this a year-round show, they really need to build some dedicated viewing areas by the former D.C. queue.

How did none of us even see this? Over a week before Orlando’s debut and has many of the exact same visuals. #BloggerFail

How did none of us even see this? Over a week before Orlando’s debut and has many of the exact same visuals. #BloggerFail

It has some different scenes but it was also mentioned before. It doesn't have the Weasley Scenes and it also has the Beauxbaton and Drumstrang animations the US show didn't have.

Reactions: 12th Man
So did Hollywood get the same show and did it get the pyro?

Anwered my own question:

And we're not allowed to complain about our giant owl boxes, as Hollywood didnt even try to hie their lighting rigs.

No, that was just temporary lighting for the press briefing.