Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

how do you guys honestly think a it house will go?
Just Chapter 1?

Neibolt House facade
Four - six rooms from the house
Three - five rooms in the sewer

They MAY throw the library and the garage in between them, but there would be little logic in those transitions.

how do you guys honestly think a it house will go?

Having re watched it last night, the scenes that stand out as usable in a house to me are the Neibolt House kitchen, the clown room, the library basement, the sewers (an effect to mimic the flamethrower lighting would be really cool), maybe the bathroom scene and the garage video scene. Tying these together would be a ball ache though unless they did it just as a walk through of the film in chronological order style, similar to what I saw of the Exorcist and Shining houses in previous years.

I'd really love to see a large room with the final fight scene in it but the scale of that would be massive.

Well on the Hollywood side we already knew this wasn’t happening... at least it means a good chance of a Trick ‘r Treat house though

Edit: Universal not doing The Conjuring this year makes a lot of sense since Conjuring 3 comes out in 2019 so if they do it then they can utilize all 3 movies

If that's the case, I'm guessing it'll get replaced with another original like Hive.

Maybe; Hive was a different story due to the fact that the house was already built(like Scream), this house wasn’t constructed yet so it leaves them room to come up with something new. With The Conjuring removed, the IP’s that still have a decent chance of showing up are:

- Stranger Things
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- American Horror Story: Cult
- Halloween 2018
- Trick ‘r Treat
- IT

This is still 6 IP’s, so assuming we have 9 houses were probably going to have a 6/3 split

Assuming that it’s a dual park event, what are the odds house count can be bumped to 10? Off the top of my head they have:

- SS21(none of the properties seem mega house worthy, so maybe 2 in SS21 again?)
- SS24(usually 2 houses)
- SS22
- Shrek Theater
- a moved MiB Tent assuming it has to be moved
- Carnage Warehouse
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center
- Maybe Sprung 1 & 2
- The new Parade Warehouse they built?

Edit: I’d hope that they’d put some big names on each side to balance it out, because as far as I know that seems like a lot of walking to IoA for just possibly 2-3 houses and a few scarezones

I doubt it happens but I would luuuuuurrrrrrrve to lose Conjuring, chance for 4 originals.
Even with 6 IPs, there’s a chance for 4 originals.
Edit: I’d hope that they’d put some big names on each side to balance it out, because as far as I know that seems like a lot of walking to IoA for just possibly 2-3 houses and a few scarezones
It’s less of a walk when you enter through IoA.

It’s less of a walk when you enter through IoA.

But if you enter through IoA, aren't you immediately faced with unthemed lands to your left and right? Seuss off-limits and I can't see UOR wanting to push the Marvel envelope now after the stinks they have raised over Avengers monorail etc.

But if you enter through IoA, aren't you immediately faced with unthemed lands to your left and right? Seuss off-limits and I can't see UOR wanting to push the Marvel envelope now after the stinks they have raised over Avengers monorail etc.
No... you’re immediately faced with Port of Evil, which was consistently one of the most engaging, scary, and immersive areas of the resort. Then you have Seuss (because the most recent 2-Park plan didn’t open Marvel so they could force people to the right).

The 2012 plans only opened Port, Seuss and LC. Everywhere else in IoA was dark. Studios only had Production Central, Hollywood, and New York.

EDIT - And (again) potential house locations in this layout are:

Carnage
Poseidon
Soundstages (seriously, they could fit like 7 houses there alone)
Shrek
Parade (queued through the Esoteric Gate)
“Furious” (queued through San Francisco like in 2004)

Zones:
Port of Entry
Lost Continent
Front cross-over
Back cross-over
New York
Hollywood
Production Central

Last edited:
From Michael Aiello,

Well we know that Stranger Things and Nightmare on Elm Street were already locked and designed... my guess is they also are working on Trick ‘r Treat, AHS, & IT; and that the “brilliant collaborator” might be Jason Blum due to the fact the Halloween script is most likely finalized by now