Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reading the reviews on twitter of the ride is entertaining though. People are going off at UOR posts about the ride.

Ah yes, why make your own opinions and assertions when you can use someone else's opinions to try to twist the image on the forums! Great Idea, sincerely. :eek:O:

Getting mixed vibes from this attraction, with the collective vibe being that this attraction is going to make locals angry, but that kids are going to go nuts for this attraction.

As someone who has had prior experience with Drupercharged out of Hollywood, that's pretty much what I expected in the collective output of people on forums and on twitter. That said, and this is where I think this needs to be brought up, it's going to matter on the methods of those who multi-pass the resort on vacations, especially for first timers.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I rode it today. It’s the same ride as Kong which we already knew. However Kong is a better experience. The only thing positive about this attraction is the queue and that there’s a window in the front so you can see out the front as well as the sides. So you’re surrounded by action. But the main sequence of the attraction is not long at all. The fog effects happen at the perfect time towards the end and oh yeah No 3D glasses. Overall 5/10

Ah yes, why make your own opinions and assertions when you can use someone else's opinions to try to twist the image on the forums! Great Idea, sincerely. :eek:O:

Getting mixed vibes from this attraction, with the collective vibe being that this attraction is going to make locals angry, but that kids are going to go nuts for this attraction.

As someone who has had prior experience with Drupercharged out of Hollywood, that's pretty much what I expected in the collective output of people on forums and on twitter. That said, and this is where I think this needs to be brought up, it's going to matter on the methods of those who multi-pass the resort on vacations, especially for first timers.
Its not about letting other people make our opinions, its the fact that we knew what we were getting with this ride but thought maybe, just maybe UC could ha e added something to make it special. Welp with no scene after the 360 tunnel, this ride is everything we thought it would be, a pretty underwhelming ride. I dont wven have to ride it to know, I have ridden the Hollywood one and woof its pretty bad. Now with barely any added special effects scenes confirmed, yea its a reality come true

Is this the video of the queue?

I don't think the ride can be that awful. It should still be entertaining and worth a stop each trip.

It is frustrating that it takes up so much space and it is a slow tram vs. something fast and furious.

I think the worst part of the ride will be having to listen to the soundtrack blasting while waiting to ride

I didn't know Louis Griffin had a YouTube channel.

But wow, that queue is way, WAY bigger than it should be. They were pretty liberal with the space. Having Turn Down for What play makes this the worst queue experience in O-Town.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Its not about letting other people make our opinions, its the fact that we knew what we were getting with this ride but thought maybe, just maybe UC could ha e added something to make it special. Welp with no scene after the 360 tunnel, this ride is everything we thought it would be, a pretty underwhelming ride. I dont wven have to ride it to know, I have ridden the Hollywood one and woof its pretty bad. Now with barely any added special effects scenes confirmed, yea its a reality come true

To say this, Drupercharged is a project that was at the right place at the wrong time (first time I've said that).

There could've been something to the attraction, to make it stand out from Hollywood's shadow, and while yes, the facade's and queue look nice (even as if it's a little...too much for the queue), the attraction seems even worse from the Hollywood version at-least on a ride level.

It's something that should've been in development long before anything was set in motion, and it should've been handled by different teams than those responsible for Hollywood's (which, apparently, was Orlando's UC division as-well).

I feel bad for those who wanted this attraction to be good, or at-least passable, as it's adding salt by replacing a show that seemed popular enough on a local standpoint with it. But hey, that's my own introspection, so what to do.

Reactions: Steptwice
I didn't know Louis Griffin had a YouTube channel.

But wow, that queue is way, WAY bigger than it should be. They were pretty liberal with the space. Having Turn Down for What play makes this the worst queue experience in O-Town.
I know queues in the orlando sun with ceiling fans and switchbacks, enough of the hyperboles people.

Congratulations getting a pile of crap we’ve had for three years now. At least we still get to enjoy Earthquake.

Me too, three freaking years wasted for a freaking 3d/screen ride as typical as always. Since Nintendo is moving to the 4th theme park and the detailed description of the Pokemon-themed area or attraction, you could say USH and USF are already oversaturated with screen rides. It makes Disney parks look so good and admirable in comparison because at least they're still devoted to creating animatronics for its attractions. Universal really need to figure out what to do with USF since they turned every practical ride replacement into 3d/screen attractions. Totally overblown if you ask me.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Another issue with F&F I forgot to mention was the audio during the Street Chase. I know it’s in technical rehearsal but it was hard to hear what the charcters were saying with all the action going on

Ok, they were told to build something to represent the 5 billion dollars this franchise has earned. It is less than stellar but is it serviceable? It replaced a ride that was failing (falling apart!) so they had to do something. First Kong was promoted for this space but jungle just didn't work here so it went to IOA, the powers that be (Not Orlando based!) said to build F&F so they put it here and this is what they built. Public gonna ride??? Yeah, look at the lines to come, will be 60 minutes plus all summer.
Maybe we hate it but how many of you rode Disaster/Earthquake when you popped in for a couple of hours? It will serve it's purpose and hopefully we can move on to better things. I look down the street and still don't see groundbreaking things. (Toy Story)
I still think they will build me cool things, this is not the end.
Great time to be a theme park fan. My first ride might be at the Social Media Event - Might be my last ride too. Same as Disaster/Earthquake.
I will give it a chance and not base my judgement on Utube (@Miketheboss )

That almost looks like a deflated doll sitting in that ride vehicle.

Well, he did just ride the ride...

At this point USF is becoming the "clone" park, where better versions of the same types of rides are over at IOA.

Spiderman > Transformers
Kong > Fast and Furious
Hulk > Rocket
TFJ > Gringotts (sorry, you know its' true).

FJ and Gringotts are not the same ride type at all. Gringotts is closer to Spiderman(ride type) than FJ

What was the budget for this?

Less than the Frozen overlay.

Community: “Wait for the ride to be open to judge”

Ride opens: “Stop judging and dragging it to filth”

What was the budget for this?

The problem isn’t the opinion, but who’s delivering it.

For the sake of the forum, I’m going to have to ask you to not say anything unless it comes from your first-hand experience.

We’ve already received a few complaints about you so this is the “happy” medium.