Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal and Orange County put down their guns on the runoff issue with Surfside’s lake:

Universal hits pause button on stormwater lawsuit against Orange County - Orlando Sentinel

“It is a great thing to see all sides working together for the greater good of this situation, as obviously this new theme park is the biggest project in Orange County,” Wallack said. “Sometimes the most complex situations can be resolved when people meet together in person and find common ground.

Biggest project...I like the sounds of that

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Biggest project...I like the sounds of that

The thing is. This is the 2nd time someone from the county seems to have mentioned UNI building a theme park. The first was when they were fighting the Pollercoaster...the story that you quoted was about the lake at the old WnW, but this person mentions the new theme park being the biggest project in the county.

I assume officials enjoy the prospects of future tax revenue no?

Reactions: JoeCamel
The thing is. This is the 2nd time someone from the county seems to have mentioned UNI building a theme park. The first was when they were fighting the Pollercoaster...the story that you quoted was about the lake at the old WnW, but this person mentions the new theme park being the biggest project in the county.

I'm sure Universal responded with "Yeah, but we're building a second resort complex in like two years, give us the damn lake"....or something like that

I'm sure Universal responded with "Yeah, but we're building a second resort complex in like two years, give us the damn lake"....or something like that

Or, a few years ago, they knew they had no use for the lake and decided to use that as leverage to get an easier path on the south property approvals.

Reactions: shiekra38
The quote is from the guy building the Pollercoaster... not the county.

How do they hold/attach these concrete slabs? In photos, they look like a house of cards ready fall down on each other. Are the floors poured or are they prefabbed as well?

I can barely tell the difference between the room building and the parking garage. :lol: Theming come thruuuu...

I can barely tell the difference between the room building and the parking garage. :lol: Theming come thruuuu...
I don't think the room buildings are going to have very much theming...
But they will differ from the parking garage in that they are 3 times the height, have glass windows, and have bright colored murals on their ends.

Reactions: Coasted
I don't think the room buildings are going to have very much theming...
But they will differ from the parking garage in that they are 3 times the height, have glass windows, and have bright colored murals on their ends.

I have never understood why the UOR car parks are twice the height and half the footprint - for example CBBR?

I have never understood why the UOR car parks are twice the height and half the footprint - for example CBBR?
I think they build garages to minimize the amount of land used for parking while still providing enough parking spaces for everyone who wants to park there.

I spent some time looking that the various pictures that have been released of this resort trying to get an idea of what the room distribution will be like, and I'm thinking that Surfside will be roughly 390 2 bedroom suites and 360 regular rooms, while Dockside will be around 1060 2 bedroom suites and 990 regular rooms. So basically both hotels will be slightly more than half 2 bedroom suites.

(I do believe these numbers to be true, but I have no official info so please don't take them as absolute fact.)