Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm on board with the idea that Clue #2 is Trick 'R Treat, so I figure I'll give the other two sets a try.

Clue #3: Since the set is based on the elements of story, I'm working with the idea that the clues correspond to the five basic elements, which are characters, plot, setting, conflict, and resolution. We have three clues for five elements, so let's drop conflict and resolution since they're pretty much identical for all houses and focus on plot, characters, and setting, with each GIF corresponding to a specific element. Based on that, I think we'll be getting some kind of killer animatronic/Westworld inspired original.

Setting: Whirley Dirley GIF suggests we'll be it'll be a theme park/carnival setting.
Characters: "Nice one, Jerry," has the sex robot, which is basically Westworld's schtick. I image the house would feature scareactors playing the lifelike robots inhabiting the park.
Plot: Rick and Morty trapped somewhere, trying to escape from a particular group of people/things. Combined with the other GIFs, that means we'd most likely be in some kind of theme park when the robots there go haywire and start hunting us, and we need to escape. Basically it's just Itchy and Scratchy Land.
Bonus: This could be the house causing the original/IP confusion. Technically it's original, but inspired heavily by Westworld.

Clue #4: The context of the scene is robbing a grave and seeing Rick's corpse as a skeleton, so based on that.
Obvious ideas: Re-animator, Frankenstein (maybe that UCM mashup house, but I have no idea where rumors stand with that), Poltergeist (the pool scene features heavy rain and skeletons/corpses rising from graves in the backyard of a house).
Other idea: Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors has an entire subplot revolving around finding and burying the remains of Freddy Kruger. This culminates in digging a grave and Freddy's reanimated skeleton attacking. Or it could be for AHS: Cult, which featured the skeletonized remains of loved ones.
Complete long shot: Both the Rick and Morty scene and Army of Darkness feature skeletons, as well as someone robbing a grave/graveyard for an incredibly important artifact. Also, both Summer and Ash make identical poses at some point when holding the portal gun and boomstick respectively.

Last edited:
I think Legacy providing the meme generator site should be very helpful in deciphering these clues. If they were originally found by searching for a word or two, then by finding the memes on the site we can see all of the possibly searched words. I could also extend this a little and assume that where the quotes on the meme differ from the quotes on the meme site, there may be some info that was a little too on the nose. If I am wrong about the process used then this may be excessive, but it feels right to me. Here are the words that seem somewhat key to me from each meme in Set 3.

Clue 3:1 – Backwards, Savages, Baby (on site but not in meme as posted)

Clue 3:2 – Clown & Posse (both on site but not in meme as posted)

Clue 3:3 – Fan (no difference between meme and site)

And if you type the quote in for Clue 4, IMO, it sounds/looks most like The Thing to me. Even the last screenshot is from an episode with Assimilation in the title.

Here. So far, odd number clue sets are originals. Even numbered are IPs.

Clue 2’s rule is word counts.
Clue 3’s rule is “the elements of a story”
Clue 4 is strictly context.

EDIT- And I’m expecting to confirm clue 2 later this week.

Ok so I think clue 2 is for IT. Word count is 4:22, at 4:22 into the episode Rick brings up the simpsons. Season 4 episode 22 of the simpsons is Krusty Gets Kancelled... an episode about clowns.

In Mortys Mind Blowers episode the first scene they are running with a truth turtle, which could be a call back to the turtle in IT.

Finally in the most recent IT movie when pennywise is finally killed it looks like her head explodes or mind blown?

Now the thought-process looks to be on the right track.

I think Legacy providing the meme generator site should be very helpful in deciphering these clues. If they were originally found by searching for a word or two, then by finding the memes on the site we can see all of the possibly searched words. I could also extend this a little and assume that where the quotes on the meme differ from the quotes on the meme site, there may be some info that was a little too on the nose. If I am wrong about the process used then this may be excessive, but it feels right to me.

You're not wrong. Bear in mind that I know Rick and Morty fairly well, so my reference may go beyond what's immediately available through words. Sometimes, the words may not be important at all. After all, if each clue set followed the same rules, then they would be WAY too easy to figure out.

That said...

Clue Set 5 (Part 1):

q2MRHgCy4sv2x_QVwbaJKGwXqnc=.gif

If RUN were to come back I’d feel like I’m in the minority of being disappointed.

As the one guy who'll defend "Hostile Territory" as not terrible if you had a good run, neither house was particularly well-received in their day. And reality TV as a concept feels played out. Nightengales would be a much more interesting choice. Or any of probably a dozen other houses.

As the one guy who'll defend "Hostile Territory" as not terrible if you had a good run, neither house was particularly well-received in their day. And reality TV as a concept feels played out. Nightengales would be a much more interesting choice. Or any of probably a dozen other houses.

Hostile Territory seemed like a fun house, albeit just a Hostel house without the licensing.
Now the thought-process looks to be on the right track.

You're not wrong. Bear in mind that I know Rick and Morty fairly well, so my reference may go beyond what's immediately available through words. Sometimes, the words may not be important at all. After all, if each clue set followed the same rules, then they would be WAY too easy to figure out.

That said...

Clue Set 5 (Part 1):

q2MRHgCy4sv2x_QVwbaJKGwXqnc=.gif

That just screams The Strangers or AHS Cult, but this is #5 which means it’s an original. Maybe an original spin on Cult

Thinking more about the idea of a Westworld amusement park style house more, what if it’s specifically a horror themed park? Like the malfunctioning robots are characters like Chucky or Frankenstein? If anything, that really explains the mashup IP house that also may be original.

Idk why but it really does sound like an original based on Five Nights @ Freddt’s/Westworld. If they include things like Chucky and Frankenstein like you mentioned this could definitely be codename “Feature”.

Unrelated but at this point I think Trick ‘r Treat is Poison since Thing is out and the status of Cult seems to be questioned

Idk why but it really does sound like an original based on Five Nights @ Freddt’s/Westworld. If they include things like Chucky and Frankenstein like you mentioned this could definitely be codename “Feature”.

Unrelated but at this point I think Trick ‘r Treat is Poison since Thing is out and the status of Cult seems to be questioned
Would it help if I said Clue 5 is for Poison?