Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You're not wrong. Bear in mind that I know Rick and Morty fairly well, so my reference may go beyond what's immediately available through words. Sometimes, the words may not be important at all. After all, if each clue set followed the same rules, then they would be WAY too easy to figure out.

That said...

Clue Set 5 (Part 1):

q2MRHgCy4sv2x_QVwbaJKGwXqnc=.gif
This one is a toughie, as it sits. Before I post part 2, I want give the rule for solving it. Maybe someone can figure it out before I complete the set.

The rule for clue set 5 is analogy.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Just shifting through this and reading HNN, I’m curious to see what’ll happen with “the secret house”. That said, I don’t know why Clue 4 is reminding me of Alien even though it has no correlation and ik it’s wrong

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
This one is a toughie, as it sits. Before I post part 2, I want give the rule for solving it. Maybe someone can figure it out before I complete the set.

The rule for clue set 5 is analogy.

This one is definitely tough without the other half but I’ll take a crack at it. Until it’s said otherwise, I’m assuming that the odds and evens rule is still in effect for now, which would make this an original.

The gif comes from a scene where Rick is pointing out that Beth is basically a sociopath, same as him. In fact, he basically uses a variation of the idiom “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” And I think this is where we can pull our analogy from.

For an analogy to work, we would need to be familiar with both concepts. Since this would be an original, we can’t look for IPs that match up with our apples idiom, so we’ll instead look at old HHN concepts for a frame of reference. So, we’re looking for a family of sociopaths, where the apple doesn’t fall far from the free. To get even more specific, we want it to be a parent/child dynamic. And surprisingly, that totally exists.

Beth and Rick in this case serve as an analogy to Cindy and the Caretaker, I think. A father/daughter team of sociopaths. So, maybe it’s a Screamhouse sequel we’re looking at here?

Obviously the thing that throws a wrench in the whole theory is the icon question. There’s been absolutely zero rumors of an icon this year, so would they bring the Caretaker back in a house only capacity? Hopefully the second clue helps to clarify things a bit.

This one is definitely tough without the other half but I’ll take a crack at it. Until it’s said otherwise, I’m assuming that the odds and evens rule is still in effect for now, which would make this an original.

The gif comes from a scene where Rick is pointing out that Beth is basically a sociopath, same as him. In fact, he basically uses a variation of the idiom “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” And I think this is where we can pull our analogy from.

For an analogy to work, we would need to be familiar with both concepts. Since this would be an original, we can’t look for IPs that match up with our apples idiom, so we’ll instead look at old HHN concepts for a frame of reference. So, we’re looking for a family of sociopaths, where the apple doesn’t fall far from the free. To get even more specific, we want it to be a parent/child dynamic. And surprisingly, that totally exists.

Beth and Rick in this case serve as an analogy to Cindy and the Caretaker, I think. A father/daughter team of sociopaths. So, maybe it’s a Screamhouse sequel we’re looking at here?

Obviously the thing that throws a wrench in the whole theory is the icon question. There’s been absolutely zero rumors of an icon this year, so would they bring the Caretaker back in a house only capacity? Hopefully the second clue helps to clarify things a bit.
Decent theory. I’ll add some emphasis to the post.

You're not wrong. Bear in mind that I know Rick and Morty fairly well, so my reference may go beyond what's immediately available through words. Sometimes, the words may not be important at all. After all, if each clue set followed the same rules, then they would be WAY too easy to figure out.
Also, don’t rely on the potential for an icon yet. I don’t know if there is one.

Also, don’t rely on the potential for an icon yet. I don’t know if there is one.

Yep, which is the reason that even if I managed to make a case for Screamhouse, I don’t feel like it’s the right answer. It seems bizarre that you would know Screamhouse is coming back without knowing whether the Caretaker/Cindy would be an icon, unless they really were just doing only the house. Which, I mean, they’ve done before, so who knows. I’ll just wait for round 2 before I start revising things.

Edit: Okay, I lied, one more guess. If the words don’t matter for this clues, then the scene is also a series a sight gags based on terrifyingly violent children’s toys. So, it could also be an analogy for a Dollhouse of the Damned or Friends ‘Til the End sequel.

Last edited:
Now the thought-process looks to be on the right track.

That said...

Clue Set 5 (Part 1):

q2MRHgCy4sv2x_QVwbaJKGwXqnc=.gif

Would it help if I said Clue 5 is for Poison?

So you said that the codename Poison probably won’t help with solving it, and also that this one is more of an analogy; so I’m just gonna take a guess that this house might be a sequel to an existing house franchise

Reactions: Robert Bliss