Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 520 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pikmin is already coming, according to @AliciaStella. It was part of SNW.
Except, as was mentioned before, there actually is/was Pikmin in the SNW plans. It may just be part of the interactive games around the area, but it was definitely included in some way.

EDIT: Beat me to it! Yes, that:

Honestly, that's new to me. Perhaps I just didn't see Alicia saying that though.

That said, I just don't see how Metroid would fit, unless if it was apart of an overarching Sci-Fi land to act as a filler attraction.

I know that'll ruffle up some feathers, but I just don't see how it'd work that wouldn't be either a Puzzle Theater or a Simulator.

Reactions: jtsalien
Honestly, that's new to me. Perhaps I just didn't see Alicia saying that though.

That said, I just don't see how Metroid would fit, unless if it was apart of an overarching Sci-Fi land to act as a filler attraction.

I know that'll ruffle up some feathers, but I just don't see how it'd work that wouldn't be either a Puzzle Theater or a Simulator.
Or part of a sci-fi Nintendo land with F-Zero and other properties mixed in? But yea, I don't see Metroid having much of a presence.

Which raises a good question that I have: when Universal acquired the theme park rights to Nintendo did they list specific IPs they plan to use? Or does it give them an all access pass to any Nintendo IP to use? I don’t know how these contracts are usually written or worked out so forgive me if it’s common knowledge.

Which raises a good question that I have: when Universal acquired the theme park rights to Nintendo did they list specific IPs they plan to use? Or does it give them an all access pass to any Nintendo IP to use? I don’t know how these contracts are usually written or worked out so forgive me if it’s common knowledge.

I’d imagine that Universal showed Nintendo ride concepts and what they plan to do with the properties. Nintendo must have liked what they seen and Universal have a great track record with using other IPs, I also assume that they would have shown what they did with Potter and Nintendo had a chat with J.K. Rowling to see what her experience was like.

I’d imagine that Universal showed Nintendo ride concepts and what they plan to do with the properties. Nintendo must have liked what they seen and Universal have a great track record with using other IPs, I also assume that they would have shown what they did with Potter and Nintendo had a chat with J.K. Rowling to see what her experience was like.
I can see that happening for sure and that’s probably how it played out. What I was getting at is are they contractually limited to certain IPs? Or do they have free reign over any Nintendo IP? Meaning they can only use ‘X,Y,Z’ IP that was part of the original signed contract or can they use any IP they see fit like the smaller ones we hear bandied about.

I can see that happening for sure and that’s probably how it played out. What I was getting at is are they contractually limited to certain IPs? Or do they have free reign over any Nintendo IP? Meaning they can only use ‘X,Y,Z’ IP that was part of the original signed contract or can they use any IP they see fit like the smaller ones we hear bandied about.

Basically everything will have to go through Nintendo either way. Original pitch included Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, DK, and Kirby. So you’d think they have the go ahead for them at the very least

Pikmin is already coming, according to @AliciaStella. It was part of SNW.

As a minimal part of a small interactive thing. Not it’s own E ticket.

Metroid should be a next level MIB type shooting attraction.

Posting this here also...

Nintendo is notoriously protective of its software, and its gallery of famous characters has seldom appeared on other company's devices. The company finally came around to unleashing Pokemon and Mario characters for smartphones and other mobile devices, looking to reach new fans whom it could convert to consumers of its own gaming machines and software.

This strategy has extended beyond screens. Nintendo is spending 60 billion yen ($550 million) to create a theme park inside Universal Studios Japan in Osaka that features Mario and other well-known characters. Doors are scheduled to open in summer 2020, possibly with perks for visitors who bring the Switch with them.

New Pokemon games help Nintendo escape the hardware trap - Nikkei Asian Review

Per the initial reports...the land itself costs 432 million. So I really think if Universal isn't spending money to create these lands and Nintendo is fronting most if not all, thats the biggest reason for the delays and changes.