Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I rode yesterday other than the flames everything seemed to be working except one of the six mummy guards did not pop. The lockers were an absolute madhouse.

There were a lot of high school and middle school groups having their end-of-year trip at the parks.

I always hated how Mummy shoved the entrance to the side and single riders was awkward. Now they use the whole courtyard area. Once they remove the lockers outside and move them inside where the old entrance was it will make this whole area significantly better. Great pace making by UOR.
It is better having the single riders entrance on the outside instead of on the inside

When I rode yesterday other than the flames everything seemed to be working except one of the six mummy guards did not pop. The lockers were an absolute madhouse.

There were a lot of high school and middle school groups having their end-of-year trip at the parks.
Have they finally fixed the brightness problem at the turn table?

Those screens are still terrible but I didn't have any issues with the lighting. I suppose it could have been a bit darker than it was.
I remember a long time ago it was so dark in there and all you could see was the Imhotep projection. How the heck has this not been fixed? The whole room is freaking lit up.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Because it's the busy season, and it's almost always better to have a ride open than it is to close it. If you don't have to close it, keep it open
They’ve been needing to refurbish this ride for years. Saying “because it’s busy season” is simply not true. They just don’t care about the ride and show quality as much as many of us do, and that’s their choice.

They’ve had years of slow seasons to fix the projection problems in both rooms. But they haven’t. They’ve had years to fix the effects in the treasure room. But they haven’t.

They’re refurbishing the flames because they needed to and didn’t want to shut it down, yes- but it has nothing with it being busy season. Flames could’ve gone down in the middle of January and they’d still keep it up and running because they just put bandaids on the Mummy instead of shutting it down and doing what needs to be done.

I always hated how Mummy shoved the entrance to the side and single riders was awkward. Now they use the whole courtyard area. Once they remove the lockers outside and move them inside where the old entrance was it will make this whole area significantly better. Great pace making by UOR.
Agreed. This is a huge improvement for the facade.

They’ve been needing to refurbish this ride for years. Saying “because it’s busy season” is simply not true. They just don’t care about the ride and show quality as much as many of us do, and that’s their choice.

They’ve had years of slow seasons to fix the projection problems in both rooms. But they haven’t. They’ve had years to fix the effects in the treasure room. But they haven’t.

They’re refurbishing the flames because they needed to and didn’t want to shut it down, yes- but it has nothing with it being busy season. Flames could’ve gone down in the middle of January and they’d still keep it up and running because they just put bandaids on the Mummy instead of shutting it down and doing what needs to be done.

Agreed. This is a huge improvement for the facade.
Mummy definitely needs to go down for an extended update now that F&F and Fallon is open

fire still off today. Don't know where to put this but water tunnel on Poseidon's Fury was off too.

The redesign of the entrance looks awesome and really helps add some class to what was always a convoluted and ugly setup. It also just flat-out makes me happy when Universal does something like this because it shows they're still actively evaluating and improving. That said, I REALLY wish they would have just closed the ride for a 1-2 month refurb. It's bad show and I'm not just referring to the lack of fire effects either (although I do feel those aren't something the ride should operate without for an extended period). The entire attraction needs a significant sprucing up.

I'm of the opinion that Mummy should remain in the park indefinitely and feel it's already earned the right to be considered a "classic" Universal attraction in a park with very few. It's a fan favorite and even after 14 years of operation, it still packs a "wow" to newcomers. It deserves both TLC and the full removal of the Brendan Frasier coffee gag from the ending which is both puzzling and embarrassing. In its place should be the short scene used in the Singapore version which is almost an exact replica of our ride but without the direct tie-in to the film which will help keep it timeless.