Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode yesterday with no fire effects, wow it takes away from the experience. People still loved it because it's a fantastically paced ride, but no fire effects really makes it feel more generic low effort dark ride than it is.

Bring back the fire!

Rode yesterday with no fire effects, wow it takes away from the experience. People still loved it because it's a fantastically paced ride, but no fire effects really makes it feel more generic low effort dark ride than it is.

Bring back the fire!
Yes, Disneyhead & I rode it last week and Dave picked up on that instantly. Still a great ride and great queue though.

Glad to hear it's refurbishment, but why not just close the ride and give it a proper full reburb? Glad to know they're working on it, but it's not great show. And closing for a refurb would allow them to fix other effects.

Because it's the busy season, and it's almost always better to have a ride open than it is to close it. If you don't have to close it, keep it open

Because it's the busy season, and it's almost always better to have a ride open than it is to close it. If you don't have to close it, keep it open
I get that. But haven't the fire effects been down for a little while now? Could've closed it in early May (or whenever the slow time before peak season begins) to do a refurb.

Maybe it's something that popped up unexpectedly, but I still think if they closed it for a proper refurbishment, people wouldn't be talking about a ride that opened in 2004, and is considered one of the best in the park by many, like it's something ancient that needs to be replaced because the effects are going.

Glad to hear it's refurbishment, but why not just close the ride and give it a proper full reburb? Glad to know they're working on it, but it's not great show. And closing for a refurb would allow them to fix other effects.

No need to. Plus if that happened then we'd have the "why couldn't they just operate the ride without fire effects" drum beat then.

I was shocked to find out that things break on complex ride systems sometimes
That's not what I was saying at all. People are always beating the drum around here about any ride over 10 years old being on the chopping block at USF because it's old/the effects are going, but a lot of the time a refurb for the ride could get a lot of work done and get the ride looking good again.

I get it. Things break. I'm not saying shut the whole thing down just for the fire effects either.

Reactions: Andysol
That's not what I was saying at all. People are always beating the drum around here about any ride over 10 years old being on the chopping block at USF because it's old/the effects are going, but a lot of the time a refurb for the ride could get a lot of work done and get the ride looking good again.

I get it. Things break. I'm not saying shut the whole thing down just for the fire effects either.
I wasn't referring to you, or I would have quoted your post

I was drawing attention to the folks that are all over social media asking Universal the same question about why the fire effects aren't on

Reactions: JPRA513
Mummy has new entrance and wait time signs at the front.
image.jpg