Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Kind of reinforces how different people have contrary opinions of attractions. As I said in my review, there were always a good number of people cheering and having an obviously good time when the attraction pulled into unload. I'm guessing fans of the franchise are probably more enthused with the ride than riders unfamiliar with the IP. It could be the IP family tribal effect. Anyway, I'm happy that Reel Justice & his friends enjoyed the attraction. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see where it might be the flavor others like... And...we're movin on to the next new attraction, the highly anticipated HP coaster.

XHFl.gif

This is how I feel with Mike like 99% of the time so yeah. :p

Kind of reinforces how different people have contrary opinions of attractions. As I said in my review, there were always a good number of people cheering and having an obviously good time when the attraction pulled into unload. I'm guessing fans of the franchise are probably more enthused with the ride than riders unfamiliar with the IP. It could be the IP family tribal effect. Anyway, I'm happy that Reel Justice & his friends enjoyed the attraction. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see where it might be the flavor others like... And...we're movin on to the next new attraction, the highly anticipated HP coaster.
I wouldn’t say we’re big fans of the franchise, until today, I’d only seen F7 & F8. I will say the family narrative did resonate. Having watched F2 and F4? tonight, I will say the dialogue and action from the films is just as ridiculous and fun as it is in the attraction.

Yep, 100% sincere. All 4 of us enjoyed the heck out of it.

“Driver, move that vehicle.”

“Eat asphalt.”

We were dyin...puppet dyin...!
I had the same experience, my friends and I had tears from laughing at unload. :lol:

Never seen a Fast & Furious film.

It's funny, a question I was mulling over with myself the other day..."If the IP were not attached and F&F was a generic ride, would it be as panned?"

I feel the better question is, "do we look at past rides with too much reverence? "

100% yes is the answer to that question. I mean, we've had people mourn the International Food and Film Festival. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

That being said, let's not confuse "fun" with "good". That's why Diaster may be an apt comparison. Some people embraced the camp, others preferred a root canal. Nothing has really changed :lol:

100% yes is the answer to that question. I mean, we've had people mourn the International Food and Film Festival. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

That being said, let's not confuse "fun" with "good". That's why Diaster may be an apt comparison. Some people embraced the camp, others preferred a root canal. Nothing has really changed :lol:

How dare you. Point me in the direction where I can get Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Corn on the Cob, and a Buttermilk Biscuit in USF while watching clips from The Flintstones movie in Spanish. POINT ME!!

It's funny, a question I was mulling over with myself the other day..."If the IP were not attached and F&F was a generic ride, would it be as panned?"
Absolutely.

Actually, I think it would be panned even more because people wouldn't be able to fall back on the argument that "the acting and dialogue is bad in the films so why should we expect anything different".

As @jtsalien said above, i'm sure people have fun on the ride, but a fun ride can also be bad ride. So bad in fact that it becomes fun to laugh at.

Last edited:

I think some people will just be happy to be at a ride regardless of what it is. some of the worst rides ever created have their fans. there are still people that defend the Stitch ride at Disney... i mean, yeah lol.
If a person gets on a bus and they are shown things on screens and the bus moves, that is enough for some people to be happy.
Maybe it is the magic of being in the theme park, maybe is is the hype of entering a "Disney/Universal" park. maybe we subconsciously are happy about the brand itself, the brand of the park and the IP
Or just maybe some people are just happy to experience something new. it is technically a new experience.

The real question is, if you took this ride out of Universal and had it on its own, if somehow this ride was made on its own to promote the movies, would people still like it? taking out the universal queue, taking out the building. just having the ride itself at some warehouse. would it have any fans?

And then there is this question:

I feel the better question is, "do we look at past rides with too much reverence? "

I think it would be hard for people to understand what is going on without the context of the movies. I guess it would be the same as the Disaster ride that was here before it. I guess it would still be like a movie ride based on a movie that doesnt exist.
But then the party aspect of the ride wouldnt make sense and it would make people upset about it?
the action part would be okay but the stuff before it would be weird. And then how would you decorate the queue?

I think people would be very confused if it didnt have Fast and the furious on it and people would wonder, why did universal waste money on such a strange concept

Everyone on here is trying to come up with some psychological reason for why some people enjoy this ride (most of which make no sense).

Maybe we just enjoy the ride experience?

I personally don’t seperate fun and good when it comes to theme park entertainment. Theme park rides aren’t fine art y’all, the best ride in the park has a cheesy coffee joke at the end with a fake Mummy hand.

Unless this is MUCH better than everyone is letting on I REFUSE this is as good as or in the same vein as Disaster. My glasses are not rose colored! I loved Disaster when it stood, when I naively thought it would be there forever I always enjoyed it. It's not just nostalgia... Twister for example which also had a so bad it's good narration from Bill Pullman/Paxton I was totally ok with exiting the parks.