Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I scared in 2002 and 2010 (also cast in 2003/2011), have designed a couple of local haunts (RIP - Lost Legends), and have a unbridled passion for the creative/production side of haunts. I also have a number of friends who have worked on both sides of HHN (I met my wife when she was my costumer, and then she became a lighting tech). I'll admit, I'm no pro. But I've done it as a hobby enough, seen enough backstage, and talked it with enough experienced people I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about. But it's a hobby.

Gotchya. Thanks for the little background. Very cool way to have met your wife!

I have no inside information, but I feel like this house is going to be the equivalent of The Shining based on scare factor. More of a walkthrough with scenery from the show and the occasional puppet than an intense scary experience.

In my opinion, it doesn’t seem likely that Universal doesn’t deliver on the environments (Byers living room, Hawkins Lab, etc.). However, if they don’t succeed in pulling off an impressive, realistic, puppet Demogorgon, this house will feel like a missed opportunity to me.

In my opinion, it doesn’t seem likely that Universal doesn’t deliver on the environments (Byers living room, Hawkins Lab, etc.). However, if they don’t succeed in pulling off an impressive, realistic, puppet Demogorgon, this house will feel like a missed opportunity to me.
What if they don’t succeed in pulling off an impressive, realistic Eleven?

In that case, since she is such a big part of the story, the house will represent the property less cohesively. A successful Demogorgon strikes me as a more necessary element at the event only because it’s the sole source of horror in the show.

Note: Disregard the repost... not sure how to delete.

Last edited:
Speaking of Stranger Things, is this getting the Walking Dead treatment where the A-list cast members are MIA? I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if that's going to be the case again.

lol there BETTER be just One single Eleven actress, there better not be a bunch of bald girls in the eleven role.... or god forbid masks.
people will not understand why eleven doesnt look identical in every room. lol.

Is eleven going to show up at the last room? thats where it makes sense. (Im guessing the rest of the house will be populated by guys in hazmat suits? is this going to be just like Silent Hill with a bunch of guys in gas masks? )

I feel like with the Exorcist Regans were fine. They didn't really look like the actress but it worked for the house. Eleven has much more costume heavy recognition I think. A bald girl in the dress and jacket with a bloody nose will be a dead ringer in the house. I mean we have to be practical, as talented as the HHn team is there is only so much you can do.

Reactions: faceleg
I think the scares will come from scientists, hazmat suits, demogorgons and any of the older characters. Eleven and the kids will probably be represented as a scene where you see them far away to avoid any "it does not look like them" situation.

Reactions: Clive
I scared in 2002 and 2010 (also cast in 2003/2011), have designed a couple of local haunts (RIP - Lost Legends), and have a unbridled passion for the creative/production side of haunts. I also have a number of friends who have worked on both sides of HHN (I met my wife when she was my costumer, and then she became a lighting tech). I'll admit, I'm no pro. But I've done it as a hobby enough, seen enough backstage, and talked it with enough experienced people I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about. But it's a hobby.
Hey real talk as a hobbiest myself, and since you know people in the biz, how does one take it to the pro level? Me and a friend are putting together a business plan but I don't directly know any haunt owners.