Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 278 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When it's announced can you tell us what was originally planned and why it was so high on your anticipation list? I'm curious.

My guess?

Legacy has always been interested in the idea of a house that looks the same room to room, but has the scares coming from different places each time. I believe HOS did a house like this years ago called Corporate Nightmare (or something similar), but I may have misread that house’s premise. A Happy Death Day house would allow A&D to execute this concept which they have sort of played around with in the past (see: Evil Dead 2013)

Edit: So if I have read his past posts correctly it is not so much the IP that interests him, more the design of the house from a scare perspective

Last edited:
My guess?

Legacy has always been interested in the idea of a house that looks the same room to room, but has the scares coming from different places each time. I believe HOS did a house like this years ago called Corporate Nightmare (or something similar), but I may have misread that house’s premise. A Happy Death Day house would allow A&D to execute this concept which they have sort of played around with in the past (see: Evil Dead 2013)

Edit: So if I have read his past posts correctly it is not so much the IP that interests him, more the design of the house from a scare perspective

Corporate Nightmare was the one that got destroyed by all the hurricanes, correct? I’m shocked the same didn’t happen to HoB, honestly.

If it was just HDD and they had some liberties with it (like Exorcist), thus allowing to go in the same room repeatedly, that would make me much more interested in it.

Last edited:
So if it’s Blumhouse 2.0 now is this sort of like the Insidious situation last year where it started as solo HDD and then turned into HoB? Really curious to see how A&D do it since Hollywood’s was pretty fun.

So for Blumhouse 2 we’re thinking Happy Death Day, Ouija, and then a 3rd Movie?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Split/HDD/Ouija seems like the logical combo if Get Out isn't being used on either coast.

Would be a pretty good house. I imagine Split, should it come, would be the shortest section since most of the movie is in the bunker area. Is Ouija genuinely possibly coming? I loved Origin of Evil but after last year I don’t wanna get my hopes too high

Would be a pretty good house. I imagine Split, should it come, would be the shortest section since most of the movie is in the bunker area. Is Ouija genuinely possibly coming? I loved Origin of Evil but after last year I don’t wanna get my hopes too high

split has a bunch stuff to do different rooms. could even make a house on split alone
you have:
the parking lot where the girls are taken.
the room where they are held
the bathroom in that room
the room of the little kid where he dances to his music
the Psychologist office
the rest of the guy's house, the kitchen living room etc.
the underground cages, the veterinarian rooms,
the entrance to the zoo
the zoo cages outside
the place where the beast tries to attack the girl

you can get at LEAST 10 different looking rooms from all that.... it would be enough to fit a house and not repeat a room once.

split has a bunch stuff to do different rooms. could even make a house on split alone
you have:
the Psychologist office
the entrance to the zoo
the zoo cages outside

you can get at LEAST 10 different looking rooms from all that.... it would be enough to fit a house and not repeat a room once.
I completely agree, but I think it’d have the same problem as The Shining last year where each of the actors look a bit off the original actor.

you have:
the Psychologist office
the entrance to the zoo
the zoo cages outside

Yeah, but are any of the places that aren't the main room and hallway actually interesting?

What's your facade? A movie poster?

What perspective is the house told from? Are guests bystanders or are they the victim? If they're the victim, then we wouldn't know about the psychiatrist. If we're bystanders, how is the visually "opened" so we can see everything?

And how will the "one killer" thing work here? Unmasked killers work in a house because the CLOTHING is identical between performers. You can't do that with Split. So masks? Quality masks are expensive, and you need at least 40. Then, what do you do with that investment?

I mean, let's think about this like designers...

Random thought: I know not everything has to fit the theme. I know the rights of what I'm gonna suggest is owned by Disney. Buuuuuuuuuuuut, if the rumors about a Oz house are true.....what if it's inspired by/slightly based off Return to Oz since it came out in the 80's?

Random thought: I know not everything has to fit the theme. I know the rights of what I'm gonna suggest is owned by Disney. Buuuuuuuuuuuut, if the rumors about a Oz house are true.....what if it's inspired by/slightly based off Return to Oz since it came out in the 80's?

^^^. Also for Oz, I wonder if they’ll reuse the scene from Scary Tales III where guests got hunted in the Cornfield with a dead Dorothy in it. Also curious to see the potential facade

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I hope it’s not a 3D house.

Considering its location, I doubt it will be ..

hhn_2008_25.jpg

The castle is honestly probably a better bet.

Last edited: