Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

So I just watched Trick R Treat for the first time last night and I can't help but wonder, what was all the hype about? I like the overall feel of the traditional halloween feel, but the movie itself was....not good.

So I just watched Trick R Treat for the first time last night and I can't help but wonder, what was all the hype about? I like the overall feel of the traditional halloween feel, but the movie itself was....not good.
The is your opinion. My opinion is that it is great! It happens to be a favorite of mine. Nothing beats the traditional Halloween feel & imagery. Plus, it hits on every Halloween theme/monster you think of as a kid: Vampires, werewolves, ghosts & zombies, attractive girls, etc.
Uni is probably more interested in the common opinion, and that is that people like the film. Trick 'r Treat (2007) - Rotten Tomatoes

So, with reports that AoV is already rehearsing (or at least they are getting the lights/music ready), I have to wonder where do they house all of them? Unlike Bill and Ted which featured nothing but locals, AoV is a California dance crew with all their members living in California. If you watch all of their showcase/performance videos on youtube, you can recognize nearly every member that has performed at HHN so they are not just bringing in new Orlando locals and training them up for HHN. So, I wonder where they house them? No way AoV is just taking payment and having to find a place to live for 2+ months on their own. Does Universal rent out a giant house off site or do they get put up in an onsite resort? Makes me wonder just how large of budget this show has when you have to factor in housing as well.

it is the only halloween movie that has that much atmosphere and attention to detail. the stories might be short and simple, but this is the movie with the most attention to detail when it comes to the holiday itself.
dont think of it as just a movie bu think of it as a love letter to halloween in general. the director also wanted to create a halloween Mascot (Like Santa or the easter bunny) and thats why he created Sam.

it is not hyped because of the stories but because of the way it looks and the huge amount of detail to everything.

it is the only halloween movie that has that much atmosphere and attention to detail. the stories might be short and simple, but this is the movie with the most attention to detail when it comes to the holiday itself.
dont think of it as just a movie bu think of it as a love letter to halloween in general. the director also wanted to create a halloween Mascot (Like Santa or the easter bunny) and thats why he created Sam.

it is not hyped because of the stories but because of the way it looks and the huge amount of detail to everything.

This makes sense

It makes sense for the size of the venue. However, I thought the shortened 2017 "hurricane" show was actually an improvement over 2016--not sure almost doubling the length will do this any favors.
I thought the first year of academy of villains was far superior to last years, 2016 felt less of just a dance show. Hope they got back to it being that.

I thought the first year of academy of villains was far superior to last years, 2016 felt less of just a dance show. Hope they got back to it being that.

Last year's was actually a "dumbed down" version of what they originally intended.

Their first stage was damaged by Irma, and they had to rework something to fit on the smaller stage. They even re-shot the intro video an renamed it the "F*ck Irma" show. It was originally named "Afterlife".

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were to purchase the Frequent Fear Plus ticket, would it be possible to simply upgrade to the Ultimate FF Pass if I wanted to at a later date ?

If I were to purchase the Frequent Fear Plus ticket, would it be possible to simply upgrade to the Ultimate FF Pass if I wanted to at a later date ?

Generally you can always upgrade. They take the cost of the ticket you have and deduct it from the cost of the upgrade's price. There's usually only issues if you have something that removed some benefit you had, like a downgrade of a pass you used from a 3 park AP to 2 park AP but you visited Volcano Bay with it.