Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 358 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reign of Kong has 11 AAs. 5 Drivers, 3 Terapusmordax, Kong, Witch Doctor, and Carnictis. Compared to 1 in all of Pandora.

Gringott's has 10 Goblin AAs. And while not an AA, it also has a 60' long fire breathing dragon.

Is it odd that I forgot about the drivers?

As for Gringotts..yeah that's my B on forgetting on those little devil's.

Reign of Kong has 11 AAs. 5 Drivers, 3 Terapusmordax, Kong, Witch Doctor, and Carnictis. Compared to 1 in all of Pandora.

Gringott's has 10 Goblin AAs. And while not an AA, it also has a 60' long fire breathing dragon.
2. I’m pretty sure the Na’vi in the tube in the FoP queue is an AA even if it’s a bit simpler in movement than the one in River Journey. Then again, it is also fully submerged in water.

Reactions: HPFred
2. I’m pretty sure the Na’vi in the tube in the FoP queue is an AA even if it’s a bit simpler in movement than the one in River Journey. Then again, it is also fully submerged in water.
It's really a grown up sea monkey. ;) I think they bought it from one of those comic book ads. :lol:

Reactions: Mike S
I thought there maybe would have been an expansion pad for it in the future unless they’re planning to build that second park sooner rather than later.

The Transformers coaster is a clone of Hulk I noticed.

Second park will built within 2 years of the first park opening but will be dedicated solely to Chinese IPs mainly the big legend stories (Monkey King {Journey to the West}, Legend of Condor Heroes, etc).

The only main thing clone-able for this park would be KFP and potentially Jurassic World unless they want to spread Despicable Me, Transformers, and Hollywood across two parks as well.

As much as Motiongate isn't the best theme park, one thing I have to note, within their Dreamworks land they packed 12 attractions (2 e-tickets, 2 d-tickets, 5 flat rides, 1 playground, and 2 shows) while even including food and drink areas all in 11 acres. Arguably, it's Universal duty as now the IP owners of these properties to create lands to top that parks assets.

I do know a lot of the other parks that were getting Dreamworks licensing pulled out after Universal purchase due to costs and control over the IPs. So hopefully we see quality and quantity within small areas with Dreamworks IPs.

What are the chances that Universal goes all in on the vertical lands concept like Diagon Alley and SNW? If they treat the property like they don't have much land and go tall, they can control sight lines and cram a lot more stuff on the land. And they wouldn't have to worry about outside intrusions.

Honestly? Not a fan. They should use the space they have to build vast lands you can get in.

However, if it’s like Phantasialand over in Germany, I’d be fine with it.

Who's to say you can't have seemingly vast lands that are actually small; by trying to master the art of perspectives?

The "land" part of Mysterious Island at TDS is pretty small, but feels huge because it's so vertical.

Vertical design is the best thing about TDS IMO. It's something I would love to see in Orlando

The "land" part of Mysterious Island at TDS is pretty small, but feels huge because it's so vertical.

Vertical design is the best thing about TDS IMO. It's something I would love to see in Orlando

Highly agreed. Verticality could be something that may be what brings the sense of diversity compared to everything else in Orlando, especially done in a way similar to the likes of Mysterious Island from TDS, or even some of what Phantasialand does.

That's just my own ideal, but I am hopeful for that.

What are the chances that Universal goes all in on the vertical lands concept like Diagon Alley and SNW? If they treat the property like they don't have much land and go tall, they can control sight lines and cram a lot more stuff on the land. And they wouldn't have to worry about outside intrusions.

This is honestly how I have been imagining this to be all along....kind of like Diagon Ally style....you walk up to a facade and then walk into a new world.

I believe they have another 2years of design and planning to go, I feel they're not even close to ready to build :shrug:

If they want to have multiple full day parks I'm not sure they have an option but to go a little more vertical. If they are going to get 2 dry parks and 1 water park on the land they currently own then I think the dry parks will need to be in the 80-90 acre range which will require smaller lands with a more significant vertical component, though that's still plenty of land for them to spread things out a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.