Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

To be fair, that effect isn't broken. It's just a bad side effect for their efforts to trying to plus the ride. I don't think there's an easy fix to it other than going back to the old projections, which would just be a waste of money.
I know, which is why I said ruined rather than broken. Better show is never a waste of money in my book. The waste was when they tried to fix what wasn’t broken in the first place.

Didn’t they just do one?
Knowing Universal, it could be years. Or tomorrow.

Not a major one, save for the reworked entrance. They tried to fix the fire effect earlier this year, it came back, then went down again. So obviously there is a major issue with it.

I know, which is why I said ruined rather than broken. Better show is never a waste of money in my book. The waste was when they tried to fix what wasn’t broken in the first place.

With that mindset, they shouldn't update anything at all. They tried to provide a better show, and once the new projectors were installed, realized the brightness was an issue. I don't like the brightness either, but it's not the ride's biggest issue that needs to be addressed.

I haven't ridden this ride in about two years, but one thing that would increase the longevity of the ride would be to refurbish the "There is no escape" scene, and sync the scene with the bugs at the right time. Also the screens could be higher resolution. The brakes are an issue, but I'm talking more about the theme of the overall attraction. While the quiddity of the ride still attracts guests, the quality of the screens are lacking their full potential

I haven't ridden this ride in about two years, but one thing that would increase the longevity of the ride would be to refurbish the "There is no escape" scene, and sync the scene with the bugs at the right time. Also the screens could be higher resolution. The brakes are an issue, but I'm talking more about the theme of the overall attraction. While the quiddity of the ride still attracts guests, the quality of the screens are lacking their full potential
Considering where projection mapping is now, you'd think an update would have already happen

I blame Tom Cruise