Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will argue against the notion that JP's production design was predominately gray/amber any day. It's simply not the case.
300px-Emergency_Bunker.png

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

I will argue against the notion that JP's production design was predominately gray/amber any day. It's simply not the case.
300px-Emergency_Bunker.png

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

in the examples you chose as a display were either a gate or a place that most of the General Public wouldn't see. Out in the park you do have grays, but they're splashed with reds, greens, and yellows. I think that's the prime difference.

in the examples you chose as a display were either a gate or a place that most of the General Public wouldn't see. Out in the park you do have grays, but they're splashed with reds, greens, and yellows. I think that's the prime difference.
Whos to say that the station/queue isnt themed after the raptor paddock from JW that was mostly dark metal and concrete?

The statement that was made was that the production design for Jurassic Park was mainly gray/amber colors.
And as far as my examples being BTS places guests wouldn't see: Again, response to the production design of the film in which the main characters are behind the scenes nearly the majority of the time. Regardless, not enough of the actual guest areas from OG Nublar are shown on camera to even remotely know what the actual park looked like.

It'd be nice for both sides of the franchise to be honored equally. There's no need to keep them separated. Paint everything gray and blue, and re-brand to "Jurassic Adventure", and you cover all bases.

P.S. For what it's worth, from what I can see of the JW paint job over at USH, that gray/blue screams "Jurassic" more than any incarnation of that building anywhere.

Well, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World are theme parks on Isla Nublar. Our Jurassic Park is on Isla Aventura. It's like the Original Jurassic Park is like Disneyland. Our's is like Disneyland Paris.

You mean heavily in debt and full of people who don't know how to queue? :thumbsup: :bolt:

Why does something need to go wrong, though? Universal has kind of conditioned us to expect that because it's a story crutch they've used a lot, but there are other foundations around which to build attraction storylines.

What are the other options? A slow boat ride like Avatar which would clash with JPRA or an omnimover type experience past AAs which would cost a fortune and be incredibly dull.

You mean heavily in debt and full of people who don't know how to queue? :thumbsup: :bolt:
I was gonna say beautifully designed, horribly maintained :lol:

Spared no expense.

One take on the JP vs JW branding is what the two stood for. JP always felt like more of a pipe dream, a wild idea Hammond had that somehow managed to find a way. It's that exciting moment of "look what we did!" and "what have we done?"

JW, on the other hand, is corporate life. It took what was exciting and put a price tag on it. Product placement is ridiculously heavy in the first movie, and I almost feel like it was on purpose, not from needing the money, but for the commentary. (Naturally the indo-rex is another "what have we done" moment, but something has to go wrong somewhere.)

Yes, both films are about dinosaurs on the same island, but they go beyond colors.

I just wanted to say a big Kudos to all the insider posters here. I was just over on the US forums on the DIS and this coaster is just starting to draw traction on the forum. Just shows that we are definitely the minority when it comes to keeping up with what's going on in the parks.

So a big Thank You to those come to share their intel :)

Opinions vary! I would love a "nothing goes wrong" tour of dinosaur exhibits.
I get that, but the Jurassic films aren't really about exploring extinct species. They are classic horror films reskinned with dino's as the monsters out to kill you. Even on a "nothing goes wrong" attraction you should still feel how dangerous it is to bring back these creatures.

I get that, but the Jurassic films aren't really about exploring extinct species. They are classic horror films reskinned with dino's as the monsters out to kill you. Even on a "nothing goes wrong" attraction you should still feel how dangerous it is to bring back these creatures.

This is the difference in theme vs decorated. A Jurassic Park ride where nothing goes wrong isn't themed to Jurassic Park.

There's still a sense of awe presented in each film, specifically with the "safer" dinos. The action is where the "monster" stuff comes in. Even Grant in JP3, who knows the danger comments on forgetting how beautiful they all were.

Anything with the bridge going on today? It was supposed to be closing. Are they using the gates between Ripsaw Falls and Kong to get equipment in and out of here? There was some land clearing equipment seen going in out of the IOA side gate drive across from the Royal Pacific entrance this morning.

Opinions vary! I would love a "nothing goes wrong" tour of dinosaur exhibits.

On the plus side, keeping them out of standing water would also keep them looking nicer for longer. They could do something smaller scale similar to Triceratops Encounter too. We don't necessarily need a full size dino either - here's some baby T-Rexes! Small, compact, and can easily be explained as to why they are hanging out on the first floor of the DC?

Well apparently so, because it's actually a South Park quote.

(the episode goes on to explain that just about anything they do can be compered to Simpsons, kind of similar to Universal with Disney)

Bill is great in his element, which was definitely not the case for Ellen's Energy Adventure. Two amazing people in one awful ride. Arguably that's Disney's fault. But it'd be hard to make a ride with Bill being Bill fit in the parks, what I mean is it's basically taking him out of his element.

On the plus side, keeping them out of standing water would also keep them looking nicer for longer. They could do something smaller scale similar to Triceratops Encounter too. We don't necessarily need a full size dino either - here's some baby T-Rexes! Small, compact, and can easily be explained as to why they are hanging out on the first floor of the DC?

An exhibit of juvenile dinosaurs in a nursery setting would be great. It would also draw from the original Crichton novel, which has several sequences which take place in the nursery.

Status
Not open for further replies.