T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have been thinking about reasons for Universal's radio silence on this, when they could be hyping this up but leaving Hagrid's Magical Adventure in the dark. And I think I have it.
Uni knows fans miss BTTF & they still have the Delorean, Train, & Doc Brown meet & greet. No doubt they measure the popularity of these things. Now, what if the “high-energy Universal franchise” is BTTF? Heck there's still interest & with what Universal did bringing back Kong, we know they are okay with re-purposing their original lineup! I feel like this could translate VERY well to a live action stageshow, but they are tight-lipped because literally no one is expecting this.

I have been thinking about reasons for Universal's radio silence on this, when they could be hyping this up but leaving Hagrid's Magical Adventure in the dark. And I think I have it.
Uni knows fans miss BTTF & they still have the Delorean, Train, & Doc Brown meet & greet. No doubt they measure the popularity of these things. Now, what if the “high-energy Universal franchise” is BTTF? Heck there's still interest & with what Universal did bringing back Kong, we know they are okay with re-purposing their original lineup! I feel like this could translate VERY well to a live action stageshow, but they are tight-lipped because literally no one is expecting this.

Gonna burst this bubble quick. There is no chance it’s BTTF.

No inside information, but there is no chance it’s BTTF. They would need all new video and that’s not happening with the current cast.Its been said by insiders it’s Bourne and BTTF doesn’t fit a theater style show.

What’s the attraction? What happens in the show?

Back to the Future (musical) - Wikipedia

On a serious note, I would legit love a musical show based on different Universal IPs.

I think this is one of the best Simpsons moments of all time:

And I find the idea of doing something similar with F&F, Jurassic Park, E.T., Jaws, BTTF, The Mummy would be hilarious.

Last edited:
Some sort of musical would actually be a nice change of pace. I can't think of any stand alone attraction right now at UOR that really utilizes music (not including Rag Dolls or WWoHP mini shows).

Reactions: Victoria
As much as I love BTTF and am still sad that the ride is gone, it's hard to argue that it's a property that is really suited for a comeback to the parks beyond the meet and greets and props on display. Beyond the obvious 2015 of it all, Back to the Future is very much the story of a small cast of characters, unlike say Kong which was able to be brought back because all that matters is having a big ape. It's a story that wrapped up nearly 30 years ago, wrapped up so much in fact that it requires a lot of shoe leather to make space for more adventures. The original ride did that and it couldn't even bring back the main character, and as much as I love it, that was weird.

And while you could do a show based on the films they're not exactly 'stunt show' style action films, they're more comedic adventures, not much gun fire and explosions.

Reactions: Imperius
A discussion about Bourne replacing T2 is underway on the UOAP FB page and it's reminiscent of F&F.
I've always speculated that Bourne was going to have a lot of similarities to F&F. Once F&F crashed, I think that Universal made alterations to the show so it wouldn't seem to be a F&F Mini Me. And that's why this show is taking as long to open as a major ride build. Just an educated 'guess' on my part, but I'd bet on it.

Reactions: DK745
I've always speculated that Bourne was going to have a lot of similarities to F&F. Once F&F crashed, I think that Universal made alterations to the show so it wouldn't seem to be a F&F Mini Me. And that's why this show is taking as long to open as a major ride build. Just an educated 'guess' on my part, but I'd bet on it.

I think there’s a lot going on the behind the scenes that have shifted the plans about. The three biggest contributing factors are:

F&F poor reception
D23 where Disney decided to actually start building rides again.
Fast tracking the new park.

Things have been either pushed back or getting re-evaluated and plus’d.

Frustrating sure but I don’t plan on being back in Orlando until next year and if it means bigger and better things, I’m all for it.

As much as this show might be getting a bad rep I think unlike F&F, this still has huge potential to surprise the fans and having low expectations could end up working in its favour.

Reactions: tielo