Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...Japan really looks like only 1 attraction. No way Hollywood would get something additional when our space is even smaller.

Things look different from what they appear to be, after-all.

Let's assume for a moment that in Japan, the parking lot to the right of the Mario Kart building is used for future expansion and the park opens with the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario Kart attractions. The overall size between USH and USJ isn't really that big. 0.2 of an acre. Here's what USJ's layout looks like overlaid onto of USH (for a more accurate representation). By rotating the MK building Hollywood was able to gain valuable space. This would leave SS 18, 19 and 20 perfect for expansion similar to USJ's parking lot.

View attachment 9005

I get the feeling, once aerial's get updated on satellites, things may become a bit clearer.

Maybe Universal is not as enamored with Nintendo as we all thought they were. Small spaces and delays have been the norm thus far.

I mean, if they weren't as enamored, why hold off Nintendo for UFW, and pursue development in Illumination creating an animated Nintendo project?

My guess, is that they may be..selective, with Hollywood waiting and seeing before pursuing further. But even then, I don't entirely agree with that line of logic either.

Reactions: HPFred
I mean, if they weren't as enamored, why hold off Nintendo for UFW, and pursue development in Illumination creating an animated Nintendo project?

My guess, is that they may be..selective, with Hollywood waiting and seeing before pursuing further. But even then, I don't entirely agree with that line of logic either.
I don't understand why it received such insignificant plots in Japan & Hollywood when initial aspirations were so high. Heck, a POS like F&F got almost that much land. Something just doesn't seem right when it comes this commitment. Everything should be bigger with more attractions. I'm just sensing a hesitancy to go full throttle with the IP.

Last edited:
I don't understand why it received such insignificant plots in Japan & Hollywood when initial aspirations were so high. Heck, a POS like F&F got almost that much land. Something just doesn't seem right when it comes this commitment. Everything should be bigger with more attractions.

Perhaps they intended on wanting to not blow out everything at the start, and gradually push forward with content? They seemingly did it with Minion Park, and it would make sense; given the Japanese appeal of Nintendo, that they would rather want to start off with two attractions, to then build upon it when the time was right.

And even if Osaka isn't getting everything at once, it isn't going to be like Mario Kart, some shops, dining, and that's it.

I don't understand why it received such insignificant plots in Japan & Hollywood when initial aspirations were so high. Heck, a POS like F&F got almost that much land. Something just doesn't seem right when it comes this commitment. Everything should be bigger with more attractions.
But then why would Universal Orlando hold off it’s plan to shoehorn it in to Kidzone(forever it may last) and use it to anchor its new dry park.

That to me says that Universal must be feeling very high on it and I think there is a phase 2 plan for USH in the works but can only move so fast with still needing the studio portion restructuring. USH work its entire property with 5 year plans which I believe should be just finishing its latest with Nintendo.

2022 next phase begins...I believe my timing is right.

But then why would Universal Orlando hold off it’s plan to shoehorn it in to Kidzone(forever it may last) and use it to anchor its new dry park.

That to me says that Universal must be feeling very high on it and I think there is a phase 2 plan for USH in the works but can only move so fast with still needing the studio portion restructuring. USH work its entire property with 5 year plans which I believe should be just finishing its latest with Nintendo.

2022 next phase begins...I believe my timing is right.

I think in this regard as-well, but in a different manner.

Last edited:
I just have to hope that if SNW does just have MK it's as part of a bigger and longer term plan involving further expansion of the LL, a bit like the previous 5 year expansion plan.

Japan has 1 E-Ticket and a raised omnimover kiddie ride — plus restaurant, play area, and gift shop. It’s not big, but by stacking the play area on top of the restaurant, and the queue for the omnimover under its track, they fit a lot into a fairly small space.

But, with Hollywood having even less space, I think you lose the 2nd ride, but maybe keep the gift shop/play areas.

With what appears to be a Secret Life of Pets omnimover ride opening at the park, I don’t see another family omnimover opening here anyway.

Almost like SLoP and Yoshi are the same ride with different decorations!

Two pics that were posted online. these are from universal japan, The "courtyard " area is taking shape.

Attachments

• rps20190222_074521.jpg
    rps20190222_074521.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 81
  • rps20190222_222824-01.jpg
    rps20190222_222824-01.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Magic-Man
Nintendo seems to be split into two sections with a fire lane running between them. My guess would be that the section North of the fire lane would be for Mario, and the section South of the fire lane be for Donkey Kong.

Hello! This is my first post here on Inside Universal and I'm happy to finally join. I have a question: Do you think the likes of Fire Emblem or Metroid have any chance at having any presence in any of the locations of Super Nintendo World? Or will it primarily be Mario with little sprinkles of Zelda and possibly Animal Crossing?

Hello! This is my first post here on Inside Universal and I'm happy to finally join. I have a question: Do you think the likes of Fire Emblem or Metroid have any chance at having any presence in any of the locations of Super Nintendo World? Or will it primarily be Mario with little sprinkles of Zelda and possibly Animal Crossing?
Welcome to the Forums :thumbsup::toast:....So far, talk has inclined towards Mario, Yoshii, Donkey Kong for Orlando's SNW....and perhaps additional lands for Zelda and Pokemon at one of the three dry parks.

My gut is telling me there is very low chance of those making it into any of the parks. Especially for Hollywood and Japan based on the limited space, but also based on the priority of the IPs

Per Mad Dog's post, we're going to see the likes of Mario, Yoshii, DK first (probably Yoshi and DK in Orlando in the new park, and expansions for them in USJ and USH if they find the room for them), then likely further expansions for Pokemon & Zelda sometime down the line.

While Metroid is one of my favourite Nintendo franchises that I'd LOVE to see, I'm not holding by breath to ever see anything significant in the parks (other than perhaps a Samus character meet and greet....) and Fire Emblem is so far down the totem pole IMO with Franchises like Kirby and Animal crossing well above it on any pecking list.

While Metroid is one of my favourite Nintendo franchises that I'd LOVE to see, I'm not holding by breath to ever see anything significant in the parks (other than perhaps a Samus character meet and greet....) and Fire Emblem is so far down the totem pole IMO with Franchises like Kirby and Animal crossing well above it on any pecking list.

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of Transformers and The Mummy and turn the Transformers ride into a Metroid dark ride and The Mummy ride into an Animal Crossing dark ride (with a lot of animatronics and colorful sets, versus a more 3D-4D visual for the Metroid ride). I find The Mummy ride such a disappointment in Hollywood. I rode the one in Orlando first and it was awesome, the one in Hollywood looks like a cheap random amusement park knockoff.