Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My gut is telling me there is very low chance of those making it into any of the parks. Especially for Hollywood and Japan based on the limited space, but also based on the priority of the IPs

Per Mad Dog's post, we're going to see the likes of Mario, Yoshii, DK first (probably Yoshi and DK in Orlando in the new park, and expansions for them in USJ and USH if they find the room for them), then likely further expansions for Pokemon & Zelda sometime down the line.

While Metroid is one of my favourite Nintendo franchises that I'd LOVE to see, I'm not holding by breath to ever see anything significant in the parks (other than perhaps a Samus character meet and greet....) and Fire Emblem is so far down the totem pole IMO with Franchises like Kirby and Animal crossing well above it on any pecking list.

Animal Crossing is a merch magnet and one of Nintendo's biggest merch sellers even more so than Mario. (Mario games sell better). I think it will be heavily dependent on the game sales this year. If Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Animal Crossing Switch overperform (which based on the tracking and trending I think Animal Crossing will definitely overperform) that increases the likelihood of an attraction.

In regards to SNW Hollywood, I don't think they have the size or space to do all of these which will limit IP usage

Animal Crossing is a merch magnet and one of Nintendo's biggest merch sellers even more so than Mario. (Mario games sell better). I think it will be heavily dependent on the game sales this year. If Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Animal Crossing Switch overperform (which based on the tracking and trending I think Animal Crossing will definitely overperform) that increases the likelihood of an attraction.

In regards to SNW Hollywood, I don't think they have the size or space to do all of these which will limit IP usage

Nintendo is definitely a longer-lasting IP than that of Transformers and The Mummy, the both of which I feel have lost it's appeal (especially the latter) while Transformers has Bumblebee I feel like it's slowly fizzing out, I don't hear much about Transformers anymore other than their movies performing well at the BO.

Hello! This is my first post here on Inside Universal and I'm happy to finally join. I have a question: Do you think the likes of Fire Emblem or Metroid have any chance at having any presence in any of the locations of Super Nintendo World? Or will it primarily be Mario with little sprinkles of Zelda and possibly Animal Crossing?

Unfortunately at this point, it seems like USH is only getting Mario Kart.

Keep your expectations low for our SNW, we seem to be getting the "value-engineered" version from all the 3 parks.

Even Alicia thinks so as well. She's the top insider on IU, though more geared towards Orlando parks.

I just have this sneaking suspicion that Hollywood is only getting Mario Kart. Maybe a shop and a portion of the play areas/meet and greet,last, but no other rides.

Just a feeling.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Transformers and Mummy are still great rides (I know my opinion on this may be in the minority!)
They both still eat people and seem popular.

I'd rather retain them so we have a broad selection of rides and IP's in the park. We need expansion not replacement.

While Metroid is one of my favourite Nintendo franchises that I'd LOVE to see, I'm not holding by breath to ever see anything significant in the parks (other than perhaps a Samus character meet and greet....)

I would be SUPER stoked to have a Samus walking around tho!

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of Transformers and The Mummy and turn the Transformers ride into a Metroid dark ride and The Mummy ride into an Animal Crossing dark ride (with a lot of animatronics and colorful sets, versus a more 3D-4D visual for the Metroid ride). I find The Mummy ride such a disappointment in Hollywood. I rode the one in Orlando first and it was awesome, the one in Hollywood looks like a cheap random amusement park knockoff.

I feel like the Transformers ride would be a perfect vehicle for a Mario Kart or F-Zero ride. Yea, I know that means we won't be getting the ridiculously cool ride that the other parks will get but it can open up some space to give us some OC.

Unfortunately at this point, it seems like USH is only getting Mario Kart.

Keep your expectations low for our SNW, we seem to be getting the "value-engineered" version from all the 3 parks.

Even Alicia thinks so as well. She's the top insider on IU, though more geared towards Orlando parks.
Even if Hollywood only gets Mario Kart and the Mushroom Kingdom courtyard minus Yoshi, it would still be a great addition to the park. A marvel of a family dark ride and a multi level area with shops and play areas with things for kids and adults to play together could be a great use of what appears to be a fairly small space.

Who knows, maybe there's more land to be found here someday and it'll be bigger than I'm imagining, but even if not, I think the park is getting the most important elements.

Nintendo is definitely a longer-lasting IP than that of Transformers and The Mummy, the both of which I feel have lost it's appeal (especially the latter) while Transformers has Bumblebee I feel like it's slowly fizzing out, I don't hear much about Transformers anymore other than their movies performing well at the BO.

I have no idea what Animal Crossing is, and I think the vast majority of the public doesn't either. (Outside of those who play it)

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Even if Hollywood only gets Mario Kart and the Mushroom Kingdom courtyard minus Yoshi, it would still be a great addition to the park. A marvel of a family dark ride and a multi level area with shops and play areas with things for kids and adults to play together could be a great use of what appears to be a fairly small space.

Who knows, maybe there's more land to be found here someday and it'll be bigger than I'm imagining, but even if not, I think the park is getting the most important elements.

I see what your saying. Wish I could feel the same way about it. TBH, I've been closely following this project since the announcement in 2015, so the fact we're getting such a tiny plot of land with only 1 ride is sad to me. Nintendo deserves better in Hollywood.

Be honest with me. Would you feel the same way if you were getting the same exact thing in Orlando what we're getting in Hollywood? I doubt it. I recall you being sad over the fact that Universal did a budget cut over enclosing the spike on Hagrids coaster. Imagine how you would feel over the loss of DK & Yoshi, only getting MK and a few acres.

I see what your saying. Wish I could feel the same way about it. TBH, I've been closely following this project since the announcement in 2015, so the fact we're getting such a tiny plot of land with only 1 ride is sad to me. Nintendo deserves better in Hollywood.

Be honest with me. Would you feel the same way if you were getting the same exact thing in Orlando what we're getting in Hollywood? I doubt it. I recall you being sad over the fact that Universal did a budget cut over enclosing the spike on Hagrids coaster. Imagine how you would feel over the loss of DK & Yoshi, only getting MK and a few acres.
Personally I'd be more sad to lose Yoshi over DK, but that's a personal ride style preference. Luckily, it sounds like Hollywood is getting a SLoP omnimover instead, so I'd be happy with that as a consolation prize.

But yea, I'd of course be pretty bummed to be getting the smallest of the three lands for sure. Hopefully they can keep tearing stuff down and expand the park a little more to get some more attractions in there.

I've long wondered if Japan is saving their third ride expansion plot area for an eventual Pokemon ride later on, rather than using it up on DK right away. It's always possible a similar approach may be taken in Hollywood. Maybe if the land is deemed a success (which, obviously it will,) some more land can be "found" to add more later. Just thinking out loud though.

Honestly, anything new to USH is a great addition. The park needs it. They really don't have much going for it. On a good day, I can finish everything I want in USH in about three hours.

Yeah I feel like USH is underestimating the power of Nintendo by giving it such a small piece of land. Other than Hogsmeade I don't find the park remotely interesting enough to visit more often. Sure, their HHN are always fun but other than those two things, there's nothing of interest in the park. However the Orlando one has so much more going for it. I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly pissed I was that they embarrassingly went through the Jaws area of the Studio Tour ride when all the animatronics were out and the water was gone. Like I understand, construction is likely to happen but for that to be seen is such an embarrassment for a park that's already pretty disappointing.

I just feel like USH can easily offer so much. I mean, sure, that means getting rid of some stuff to make some new stuff but man I just feel like the park is so boring and not worth the price of a one day. :/

Also, do you mean the Hippogriff ride? Yeah I love the feel of it (it was so smooth riding it) and I understand it being a family-friendly ride but I feel like if I sneezed on that ride, I would miss the whole thing lol. I kinda forget about it whenever I visit Hosmeade.

Here is my prediction.
NintendoWorld.png

I’m honestly excited for this regardless whether or not ours will be the smallest of the three (Which at this point, looks like it will). We’re getting a nice (but small) land and an awesome ride. I don’t consider Yoshi a huge loss.

Hopefully they’ll consider being the DK coaster over here. They still have those stages next to the land to tear down for space.

Any word on Panda Express getting demolished ? I’m thinking Maybe after jusraasic world opens or when the Mario kart show building is near completion. That area could help the Hollywood version get a decent size courtyard . Off topic here but on google maps you can measure both the plots of Japan’s projection and compare to Hollywood’s and they are almost the size unless I did something wrong. Anyone else tried measuring it ?

Reactions: HPFred
But yea, I'd of course be pretty bummed to be getting the smallest of the three lands for sure. Hopefully they can keep tearing stuff down and expand the park a little more to get some more attractions in there.

Thanks for being honest about it.

I've long wondered if Japan is saving their third ride expansion plot area for an eventual Pokemon ride later on, rather than using it up on DK right away. It's always possible a similar approach may be taken in Hollywood. Maybe if the land is deemed a success (which, obviously it will,) some more land can be "found" to add more later. Just thinking out loud though.

That's the hope I cling to. Lol "Future expansion" is something I'm holding out hope for.

Honestly, anything new to USH is a great addition. The park needs it. They really don't have much going for it. On a good day, I can finish everything I want in USH in about three hours.

Yeah I feel like USH is underestimating the power of Nintendo by giving it such a small piece of land. Other than Hogsmeade I don't find the park remotely interesting enough to visit more often. Sure, their HHN are always fun but other than those two things, there's nothing of interest in the park. However the Orlando one has so much more going for it. I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly pissed I was that they embarrassingly went through the Jaws area of the Studio Tour ride when all the animatronics were out and the water was gone. Like I understand, construction is likely to happen but for that to be seen is such an embarrassment for a park that's already pretty disappointing.

I just feel like USH can easily offer so much. I mean, sure, that means getting rid of some stuff to make some new stuff but man I just feel like the park is so boring and not worth the price of a one day. :/

Also, do you mean the Hippogriff ride? Yeah I love the feel of it (it was so smooth riding it) and I understand it being a family-friendly ride but I feel like if I sneezed on that ride, I would miss the whole thing lol. I kinda forget about it whenever I visit Hosmeade.

Don't get me wrong, I love USH. It's a unique park unlike any other in history, layout, atmosphere, scenery, and production.

They knocked it out of the park with Hogsmeade and the stunning architecture on the Upper Lot. The park is perhaps the most beautiful of the studio parks. But, it looks like they are going to fall short with Nintendo. Diagon Alley is on hold so who knows what the future holds.

But with Hogsmeade, SNW, and DA eventually all in one park, that's a strong lineup.

PS No, I was referring to the new coaster that is being built in Orlando, not Hipogriff. Hippo is a fun, family coaster, albeit short.

I wonder if Daisy and Rosalina will have meet and greets. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Yoshi will have meet and greets 100%. Possibly Bowser and Wario could get meet and greets too. I'm not too sure about the other two princesses though as they're not as popular upon the masses.

I wonder if Daisy and Rosalina will have meet and greets. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Yoshi will have meet and greets 100%. Possibly Bowser and Wario could get meet and greets too. I'm not too sure about the other two princesses though as they're not as popular upon the masses.
Nintendo actually showed off a bunch of new mascot suits at an event in Japan last year. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't allow Universal to use these! The Mario costume suit we saw at the SNW Japan Groundbreaking Ceremony is almost identical to this mascot suit.

Since a Peach meet & greet was shown in the concept art, I'm also rooting for Daisy and Rosalina to show up.
Perhaps the non-Mario characters like Inkling and Isabelle will have occasional meet & greets? That'd certainly be cool.

Attachments

• nintendo-live-mascots-nov32018-photo-1-1038x576.jpg
    nintendo-live-mascots-nov32018-photo-1-1038x576.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 38
Nintendo actually showed off a bunch of new mascot suits at an event in Japan last year. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't allow Universal to use these! The Mario costume suit we saw at the SNW Japan Groundbreaking Ceremony is almost identical to this mascot suit.

Since a Peach meet & greet was shown in the concept art, I'm also rooting for Daisy and Rosalina to show up.
Perhaps the non-Mario characters like Inkling and Isabelle will have occasional meet & greets? That'd certainly be cool.
I would hope that Universal develops their own costumes that try to match the same quality as Mickey and Friends meet and greets to be honest. Or at least of this quality:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-25-15-06-16(1).png
    Screenshot_2019-02-25-15-06-16(1).png
    618.5 KB · Views: 28
My guess is that it's handled similar to Hello Kitty, where Sanrio had their own suit's created with the teams involved with the full-body Hello Kitty suit's.

That said, Nintendo would likely consist of just Mario, Luigi, and Peach for the immediate.

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
My guess is that it's handled similar to Hello Kitty, where Sanrio had their own suit's created with the teams involved with the full-body Hello Kitty suit's.

That said, Nintendo would likely consist of just Mario, Luigi, and Peach for the immediate.
I think you're right to be honest.
Though, I can see Yoshi being their at the start too.