Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's a clue for the other house I've heard may be in the garage...

alright here's some things that might help
  • the song itself (dreams, sand, eye "he is said to sprinkle sand or dust on or into the eyes of the child at night to bring on sleep and dreams.", date)
  • hiking
  • train tracks
  • spanish (i know it's a dub, but can be relevant)
  • bullies
  • episode details from "the blunder years" (hypnotist, traumatic childhood event, dead body, flashbacks, paper towels)

Obvious Halloween red herring, but also could be original sandman maze. Idk if the sandman part could connect with the Spanish original idea since murdy said the story would be so complicated it would need a new original song or rap to explain it, but I feel most people know about the sandman and what he does. Also idk if the sandman originated from Hispanic folklore.

Obvious Halloween red herring, but also could be original sandman maze. Idk if the sandman part could connect with the Spanish original idea since murdy said the story would be so complicated it would need a new original song or rap to explain it, but I feel most people know about the sandman and what he does. Also idk if the sandman originated from Hispanic folklore.
Yeah but that seems to fit the hint for the first maze he said would go in the garage. Note his wording from the recent hint...
Here's a clue for the other house I've heard may be in the garage...

Looking at the possible lineup, and if I would; this would be a great year to come back to the event for.

A lot of interesting and potentially fantastic choices, and it could be something that surprises the hell out of people in many ways. Not to mention, Originality!

__

To point a particular IP from the past, if this is actually happening..

My first year, was 2010. And my first house, was House of 1,000 Corpses. It was a maze, that I pressured everyone around me that I wanted to go through it again, just because of how good it was.

If they are going to bring back the Zombievision for this, and doing it in the same style of 3D as that year (As I actually do hope), it could be an amazing IP to see back for the event.

Last edited:
I'm just glad a lot of the non-forum fans on social media are liking our first 3 maze announcement. Given how quickly a lot of them will resort to anger or annoyance of a returning IP/maze, I was expecting more complaining on Twitter or YouTube with the 3 announced mazes so far. Especially with a lot of horror movies yet to come out this year that we know won't be at the event.

I'm just glad a lot of the non-forum fans on social media are liking our first 3 maze announcement. Given how quickly a lot of them will resort to anger or annoyance of a returning IP/maze, I was expecting more complaining on Twitter or YouTube with the 3 announced mazes so far. Especially with a lot of horror movies yet to come out this year that we know won't be at the event.

A lot of people are complaining about Ghostbusters potentially coming though.

I'm a little skeptical about the rumored GB mostly cuz I don't want it to be gags only. There are cool ghosts but I do hope they capture the ghosts from GB 2 which IMO are much more scarier designed (i.e. the ghost that steals Baby Oscar always gave me creeps as a kid, so I hope a window scare is inevitable). Of course the librarian and court house scene can have cool effects too. I hope they dont TitE it and actually deliver on scares. Hope the facade is tall if its the entrance to the HQ!

Worst case scenario its based on the reboot lmao.

Last edited:
Honestly, if executed well, then this could potentially be one of the best hhn years ever, and maybe even better than 2016. There is such a huge variety in this lineup, that im pretty sure will anger a lot of people if not done right. Heres hoping to an amazing hhn year!

If they are going to bring back the Zombievision for this, and doing it in the same style of 3D as that year (As I actually do hope), it could be an amazing IP to see back for the event.

It kinda makes it sound like they won't be a 3D maze this year which doesn't mean HOTC isn't coming. It just makes it sound like it won't be 3D. Which while the 3D in the Original looks amazing I'm ultimately down for a Non 3D Visually More Accurate (Due to the visuals with or without the 3D in the Original aren't too accurate to the movie) version of HOTC this year in WW

Reactions: chris.g
I've only seen Ghostbusters 1 an age ago, so mostly for selfish reasons, I wouldn't mind it being based solely on the original movie. The thing is, all the smaller locations (Metro, Waterworld-ish, more than likely Mummy) are taken up, so Ghostbusters will probably get plenty of space for itself.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I almost think it'll be like the Poltergeist maze, where most of the maze takes place during the "climax." IE enter the Firehouse with a bumbling Walter Peck actor, go on to the library and the Hotel with Slimer, into the apartment with the Gozer dogs, out into the New York streets and 35 Park West, and then a little black "choose the form of your destructor" hallway with a Stay Puft giant head in it; maybe some projection screens afterwards, black hallway with theme song and Stay Puft/Slimers, the end.

I'm liking this maze, boys.

(Although I am interested in seeing what the new reboot is about, the 2019/2020 version that's coming out soon. That has future potential, I think.)

Reactions: hhnlover
I'm expecting the Revolving Light to make a return in Ghostbusters in some way or form and for them to possibly use the Skeleton Taxi Driver as a scare.

Why not reuse the car scare from before?
That's what I'm saying. I could see it a good chunk towards the end or the ending taking place in Zuul's dimension similar to how last year we were supposed to go underneath the House in Poltergeist in the black wall section.

Reactions: hhnlover
Do you guys think slimer will be a puppet? I mean hes transparent, so itll work weirdly if it was a pjuppet.

alright here's some things that might help
  • the song itself (dreams, sand, eye "he is said to sprinkle sand or dust on or into the eyes of the child at night to bring on sleep and dreams.", date)
  • hiking
  • train tracks
  • spanish (i know it's a dub, but can be relevant)
  • bullies
  • episode details from "the blunder years" (hypnotist, traumatic childhood event, dead body, flashbacks, paper towels)
This episode spoofs Stand by Me as well.