Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ghostface was actually just licensed and leaked to be in the video game Dead by Daylight. The rights holders of the mask seem to be on board with things, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal could persuade Lantern since they’re a lot bigger than DbD is

I actually had DbD in mind. Trouble is, we don't know if the Ghostface in that game is from the series or not (season 3 of the series has the original mask, but some kind of different robe, I think). If it's not, then we're golden and we can finally do our compilation house. If it is, well, I guess we could play nice and do the series and hope for an opportunity to do the OG movies later.

Reactions: horrornights789
Well now that we're getting Ghostbusters, I feel like any non-horror movies that could be made horror is really possible at this point which leads to me to a question to ask all of you.

Which non horror movie that could work as horror would you like to see come to hhn?
donnie darko, or the cloverfield franchise (no cloverfield paradox, just cloverfield and 10cl)

I actually had DbD in mind. Trouble is, we don't know if the Ghostface in that game is from the series or not (season 3 of the series has the original mask, but some kind of different robe, I think). If it's not, then we're golden and we can finally do our compilation house. If it is, well, I guess we could play nice and do the series and hope for an opportunity to do the OG movies later.

From what I’ve read it’s neither; they got the rights to the mask and are making it original. Which begs the question of what if we got Ghostface with no Scream later down the line, since it seems like the mask rights holders might be easier to work with?

Reactions: rageofthegods
From what I’ve read it’s neither; they got the rights to the mask and are making it original. Which begs the question of what if we got Ghostface with no Scream later down the line, since it seems like the mask rights holders might be easier to work with?

While most people know Ghostface for the mask, I still feel other elements - like Drew Barrymore's death and the garage door scene - are just too iconic to ignore. I'm not sure if there's a point in doing a ghostface maze without the Scream element, TBH.

While most people know Ghostface for the mask, I still feel other elements - like Drew Barrymore's death and the garage door scene - are just too iconic to ignore. I'm not sure if there's a point in doing a ghostface maze without the Scream element, TBH.

Yeah true. If Universal is ever lucky enough to get the rights to Scream I’d hope they take it the Halloween route - do the original and then slowly go through the franchise

I would love to see Mad Max (primarily Fury Road and Road Warrior) come to HHN as a scarezone.
Dude, Mad Max could actually work, thats neat idea.
I've said this alot and I apologize, but for me, it be a mazed based on Terminator, in the future (Not like Salvation) which features T-800, T-X, T-1000, T-600, and the mini HKs used as puppets. Although I couldnt decide if I wanted the 1st film since it was more horror or do it in the future for the various terminators.

Still waiting for Gremlins...

Singing that boat as-well, in a funny way.

2BYl.gif

__

My curiosity with GB, is if they use digital media. Especially for the case, of the Stay-Puft Man himself.

Reactions: ush.hacker
Nope, they made that mistake already with Scream 4 Your Life which had absolutely nothing to do with the franchise, a bunch of scenes with a random Ghostface thrown in, and the worst half-attempt (a chainlink fence maze) of a "Stab-A-Thon." I still consider it HHN's biggest embarrassment in the Murdy era.

Nope, they made that mistake already with Scream 4 Your Life which had absolutely nothing to do with the franchise, a bunch of scenes with a random Ghostface thrown in, and the worst half-attempt (a chainlink fence maze) of a "Stab-A-Thon." I still consider it HHN's biggest embarrassment in the Murdy era.

Exactly, Im agreeing with you there. Scream deserves a maze.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Exactly, Im agreeing with you there. Scream deserves a maze.

A few years ago, back when they announced the Titans of Terror first coming together to HHN (2016), I had a dream they did a compilation maze, in the style of ToT (2017), of Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Urban Legend (only the first films for each IP). To this day I would be down to see them come to the event, despite the nightmare of obtaining their rights.

A few years ago, back when they announced the Titans of Terror first coming together to HHN (2016), I had a dream they did a compilation maze, in the style of ToT (2017), of Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Urban Legend (only the first films for each IP). To this day I would be down to see them come to the event, despite the nightmare of obtaining their rights.

I feel like that would be an amazing maze to get after the Scream situation is sorted out. Just bring Scream 1, Scream 2 + 4, and then do the new Titans as a way of bringing some fresh blood into Scream's third (technically fourth) year.

Which reminds me: are they ever gonna do a Scream 5? That might be a good time to make nice with Lantern.

90s slashers are my favorite, so this would be a dream come true as well.

AHS: Asylum + Cult zone was my favorite since it seemed too good to be true. That and a lineup with It & Thing

I do remember that. It was like, Asylum, It, Thing, ST, TrT, Classic Monsters and Halloween. Cult Tram with a Kai Anderson barker character. What a legendary year that would've been haha.

EDIT: I still think it's really weird that Hill House and Us aren't coming this year, at least to the best of our knowledge. Do we have an idea of what fell through, or were they just never seriously on the docket?

I do remember that. It was like, Asylum, It, Thing, ST, TrT, Classic Monsters and Halloween. Cult Tram with a Kai Anderson barker character. What a legendary year that would've been haha.

EDIT: I still think it's really weird that Hill House and Us aren't coming this year, at least to the best of our knowledge. Do we have an idea of what fell through, or were they just never seriously on the docket?

Hill House potentially because of rights issues with Paramount, or they’re waiting for ST to fade out so they have another franchise(just like AHS->ST). I’m shocked we’re not getting Us though, it would’ve been a bit get for HHN ‘19 and it translated a lot better than Get Out

Ahhh good times. I remember when I saw the lineup and was so hyped. Unfortunatley The First Purge and HOB 2 happened and no Thing which kinda killed my hype.