Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

This puts all other Soarin attractions to shame. Imagineering actually gave the ride some cool theming and not just being in an airport as well as a cool background! TDL always gets the best stuff.

To be fair, all the Soarin attractions except for Epcot have fit into their location's theme.

I guess I haven’t seen too much of Shanghai’s. But this looks incredible.

Getting caught up from the videos, and it takes a more... "mystic" aspect of Soarin than it does of actual air-craft.

This really does look great though, and I have to wonder if they will do two theaters by cutting down the capacity to four seats per glider.

Meanwhile, heres some a new photo, courtesy of the folks at Themeparx:

upload_2019-1-18_7-32-54.png

I still think it's incredibly lame TDS is getting Soarin rather than a retheme of Flight of Passage, but I guess if it has to be done they're doing it right
Well, yeah. In the end it’s the same old ride, just with an actual theme and backstory. I agree the FoP ride system would’ve been much more of an interesting add.

Retheming FoP would be ridiculously expensive.

As far as I can tell, the Soarin video in TDS will be the exact same as the Soarin video used everywhere else. Maybe some small tweaks, but not fundementally different.

Retheming FoP would involve building a brand-new video from scratch. That video was very expensive because they used all of the same effects houses + tech that they used to make the multi-hundred-million-dollar movie. And that's a large part of the reason why that ride works. The ride works just as much because of the ride film as it does because of the ride system.

Also, TDS gets way bigger crowds than AK. There's no way Disney thinks that the FoP ride system can scale after all the loading issues they've had.

Retheming FoP would be ridiculously expensive.

As far as I can tell, the Soarin video in TDS will be the exact same as the Soarin video used everywhere else. Maybe some small tweaks, but not fundementally different.

Retheming FoP would involve building a brand-new video from scratch. That video was very expensive because they used all of the same effects houses + tech that they used to make the multi-hundred-million-dollar movie. And that's a large part of the reason why that ride works. The ride works just as much because of the ride film as it does because of the ride system.

Also, TDS gets way bigger crowds than AK. There's no way Disney thinks that the FoP ride system can scale after all the loading issues they've had.
I think the small tweak will be the same tweak all of the rides have. They ending includes whatever park your currently in with fireworks, except DCA which has DL.

Im there in a month today :clap:
giphy.gif

Have fun...it will be crowded with schools starting to let out but enjoy never the less.

I’ll be there the 12th & 13th and checked crowd calendar and they had it as some of the 5-10 slowest days of the entire year.

Japan’s summer break is also July 20 - August 31. Which schools are you talking about?

I’ll be there the 12th & 13th and checked crowd calendar and they had it as some of the 5-10 slowest days of the entire year.

Japan’s summer break is also July 20 - August 31. Which schools are you talking about?

international schools in Tokyo as well as all the DODEA schools (large influx of military personnel and foreign government workers in mainland Japan all heading for Tokyo for summer holiday in June from the 1st to the 15th)

Wow. For a second I thought what new resort is this? :lol:

That looks so GRANDIOSE. Wish it wasn't the same exact ride film.