1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

Discussion in 'Worldwide Disney Parks' started by AlexanderMBush, Nov 29, 2017.

1. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

My God.

2. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Member

3. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

If the whole experience is as breathtaking as the AAs are then I 100% agree.

4. NuteGunrayWasFramed

NuteGunrayWasFramed Rookie

They've made AAs so good that I thought it was a screenz animation when I first saw it.

kristenabelle likes this.
  5. kristenabelle

kristenabelle Newcomer

I've been saving and plotting my future vacations around this. If Spring is the target, assuming Fall/Halloween 2020 is safe enough to plan for?

6. NuteGunrayWasFramed

Be careful with 2020, the Olympics are going to jack rates up for that year.

7. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

The only bad news is I’m going in June 2019. Guess I’ll need to book another trip in 2021.

8. NuteGunrayWasFramed

I'm aiming for 2022, so that the Disney Sea expansion is complete and the new hotel is open.

Andysol and ChristopherSE like this.
  9. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Floored by how good this looks but then again.. I think this will be that park's first real new attraction in over 10 years when it opens so much needed/well deserved.

10. kristenabelle

kristenabelle Newcomer

Yeah, I don't doubt that. My friend initially wanted to go during the Olympics but I'm trying to avoid the summer. I wouldn't say it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip (hopefully), but I've been saving for the worst.

11. Orlandofan12

Orlandofan12 Newcomer

That Belle figure holding the lantern and walking is something else! Good job WDI!

12. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Swing and a miss.

(It’s Garner Holt)

13. Orlandofan12

Orlandofan12 Newcomer

Yeah...no. This trope that Garner Holt does all of Disney's animatronics now is flat-out not true. WDI has been spending big bucks on AA research and this is the product of that investment (as well as many more figures to come). WDI fabricates all of their advanced figures, while Garner usually handles less advanced AAs and animated props. The new A1000-series platform was specifically designed to allow WDI to create extremely advanced AAs for much less money.

Some of the recent animatronics by WDI: Wheezy (TSL), Pandora figures, Shanghai pirates figures (Jack Sparrow x 2, Hammerhead, Davy Jones), Frozen Ever After figures, 7DMT dwarfs, Ursula, Mater x 3 (from RSR), Mr. Potato Head, and that's just the ones off the top of my head.

UNIrd likes this.
  14. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Newcomer

Yeah I think now I found some place to go instead of Singapore for a few days. Just gonna stay in Tokyo and do TDL. I got to see this expansion, and the new attractions. Both Belle and the horse movements are amazing. I just hope i can deal with the spinning of the ride vehicle . But just seeing these has me excited, although could you imagine if the new (NOT YET announced HP coaster), would have these as AA's for the coaster or que). I would be Weak and melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. I'm Melting, Melting, Melting, oh what a wicked world, what a cruel cruel world. I am excited for their expansion. Why dont they bring this to DLR. Is it gonna be an exclusive to TDL for a few years until DLR or even WDW would be able to get it?