Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

I praise the hell out of TDS, and for good reason...however, I will say how they are connecting this, via springs, is a real stretch of the imagination.

On one hand, this does make me dissapointed, as I'd rather want a singular property if they went in this aspect of IP, but it's three. And one, is ressurected from a cold grave.

But, on the other, it's OLC/WDI. And, it's finally giving Tangled and (hopefully) Pan something better than what they have now. Frozen, I have begruddedly seen how it makes sense, as you can explain it as a port-village all to it's own, and if they wanted to do something similar with Tangled, they can explain it by being a part of the Kingdom of Corona.

I am excited to see what OLC/WDI do, as I do think they can do great with Frozen/Tangled. But Pan, is the pure outlier here in this entire situation. Not because, its not a great idea, but TDL already has a Pan presence with Flight. I am now inclined to wonder, could we see the first Peter Pan's Flight close in Tokyo? It would make sense, and would allow OLC/WDI to add a new attraction into Fantasyland in the process once the expansions are set and done.

So between the Shanghai Peter Pan and this new version, the stateside versions (WDW in particular) are really going to seem incredibly embarrassing in comparison.

And it's about time Tangled got a ride... too bad it isn't going in the right park. I can accept Arrendele because of the location of it being by the sea in the movie. It's a loose fit, but at least I can make sense of Frozen. Tangled just feels wrong though.

As shiny and new as the Shanghai Peter Pan is, it doesn't stray much from the original at all. I;m excited to see a real new take on how the story is executed, something on a much larger scale than the Fantasyland dark rides we know and love.

As shiny and new as the Shanghai Peter Pan is, it doesn't stray much from the original at all. I;m excited to see a real new take on how the story is executed, something on a much larger scale than the Fantasyland dark rides we know and love.
Agreed, very interested to see a new take on a Peter Pan ride.

I was planning on hitting Japan in May of 2020. Almost feel like waiting as to avoid the buzz of the Olympics and see these new expansions.
2022 sounds like the year to go to me. Park 3 likely isn't open here yet and all of the presently announced expansions at Tokyo DL and USJ will be open.

2022 sounds like the year to go to me. Park 3 likely isn't open here yet and all of the presently announced expansions at Tokyo DL and USJ will be open.

Sold the girlfriend on 2022. All it took was Super Nintendo World and Ghibili Park. These Disney additions will be badass too.

2019- Europe for a Month
2020-Yellowstone/Glacier NPS, Machu Picchu, Star Wars land in LA
2021-Alaska Cruise and Germany Octoberfest, other.
2022-Japan/China/other for a month. All three Disneys (Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong) Hopefully Universal Beijing will be operating smoothly as well.

We are holding off on Hawaii till we know when the planned Atlantis there next to Alunai is open.

This will be a nice addition to their line-up of hotels. I only saw the outside of the one in Shanghai as our bus from the Shanghai Disneyland hotel stopped to pick or drop-off guests from there. It looked very cute.

I still have my heart set on Hotel Miracosta for when I go back to TDR. If I can afford it... It would be a dream come true.