1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

Discussion in 'Worldwide Disney Parks' started by AlexanderMBush, Nov 29, 2017.

1. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

I like the land additions, but two boat rides? Why?

2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I praise the hell out of TDS, and for good reason...however, I will say how they are connecting this, via springs, is a real stretch of the imagination.

On one hand, this does make me dissapointed, as I'd rather want a singular property if they went in this aspect of IP, but it's three. And one, is ressurected from a cold grave.

But, on the other, it's OLC/WDI. And, it's finally giving Tangled and (hopefully) Pan something better than what they have now. Frozen, I have begruddedly seen how it makes sense, as you can explain it as a port-village all to it's own, and if they wanted to do something similar with Tangled, they can explain it by being a part of the Kingdom of Corona.

I am excited to see what OLC/WDI do, as I do think they can do great with Frozen/Tangled. But Pan, is the pure outlier here in this entire situation. Not because, its not a great idea, but TDL already has a Pan presence with Flight. I am now inclined to wonder, could we see the first Peter Pan's Flight close in Tokyo? It would make sense, and would allow OLC/WDI to add a new attraction into Fantasyland in the process once the expansions are set and done.

3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

If one, or both, of the boat rides use the Shanghai POC ride tech, these could be great additions.

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  4. AlexanderMBush

I have to wonder if Tangled would be the one to luck out in that, as I could see Frozen getting an upgraded version of the Epcot attraction.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

The Peter Pan ride sounds like Pan mixed with Spider-Man...which sounds freaking incredible. And it leaves TDS with another expansion plot. Bring it on!

6. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

So between the Shanghai Peter Pan and this new version, the stateside versions (WDW in particular) are really going to seem incredibly embarrassing in comparison.

And it's about time Tangled got a ride... too bad it isn't going in the right park. I can accept Arrendele because of the location of it being by the sea in the movie. It's a loose fit, but at least I can make sense of Frozen. Tangled just feels wrong though.

UNIrd likes this.
  7. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

As shiny and new as the Shanghai Peter Pan is, it doesn't stray much from the original at all. I;m excited to see a real new take on how the story is executed, something on a much larger scale than the Fantasyland dark rides we know and love.

8. Nick

Agreed, very interested to see a new take on a Peter Pan ride.

9. JawsVictim

JawsVictim Rookie

I was planning on hitting Japan in May of 2020. Almost feel like waiting as to avoid the buzz of the Olympics and see these new expansions.

Nick and Skipper Justin like this.
  10. Nick

2022 sounds like the year to go to me. Park 3 likely isn't open here yet and all of the presently announced expansions at Tokyo DL and USJ will be open.

JawsVictim likes this.
  11. JawsVictim

JawsVictim Rookie

Sold the girlfriend on 2022. All it took was Super Nintendo World and Ghibili Park. These Disney additions will be badass too.

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  12. Nick

This is up there with the time WDW had a press conference for Fantasmic benches:

Frankyg123 likes this.
  13. AlexanderMBush

From Mario Graciotti;

Frozen: 2.2 Acres
    Tangled: .89 Acres
    Tink: .13 Acres
    Peter Pan: 1.88 Acres

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    shiekra38 likes this.
  14. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

I'm so jealous of Tokyo. If you haven't been, try to! It's not as expensive as you think!

15. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Member

2019- Europe for a Month
    2020-Yellowstone/Glacier NPS, Machu Picchu, Star Wars land in LA
    2021-Alaska Cruise and Germany Octoberfest, other.
    2022-Japan/China/other for a month. All three Disneys (Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong) Hopefully Universal Beijing will be operating smoothly as well.

We are holding off on Hawaii till we know when the planned Atlantis there next to Alunai is open.

16. AlexanderMBush

17. AlexanderMBush

Tokyo Disney Resort will be recieving the second Toy Story themed hotel in the world, opening in 2021.

18. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

This will be a nice addition to their line-up of hotels. I only saw the outside of the one in Shanghai as our bus from the Shanghai Disneyland hotel stopped to pick or drop-off guests from there. It looked very cute.

I still have my heart set on Hotel Miracosta for when I go back to TDR. If I can afford it... It would be a dream come true.

19. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Veteran Member

I was able to book the lowest suite category when I went for like 290$ a night. It overlooked the Venice section and had access to suite lounge. We watched Fantasmic from it with free cocktails, definitely worth it.

UNIrd likes this.
  20. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

WOW. Not sure if it was the exchange rate or the season (early December) or what but when I went, it was closer to $500 a night.