Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought. They’re all there, so why not.

Although if they redo Florida’s JPRA, then they would just reuse that for JPRA. They likely wouldn’t be in both.

My theory/guess I a sense, is that they did filming during Fallen Kingdom for the Beijing attractions, River Adventure revamps, and potentially the Orlando coaster all at once. That way, it ensures that they would easily be able to pull without having to strain filming budgets across periods of time.

As you mentioned, they had the main three of the JW trilogy one in, and it'd make quite a bit of sense. They..are also kind-of doing that with another attraction in a sense already, so it's not as crazy of a thought.

So with the cast of JW officially on the Hollywood attraction, what are the chances that they also did additional footage for the coaster? It's a question I figured bringing up, especially if they are wanting to bring Owen for the attraction.
I wouldn't be surprised if Owen appeared in voice form at the very least

Well, new documents filed with the FDEP have confirmed what I was hoping wasn't true... This does indeed look to be a 2021 project like most on here have been hearing:

BWKW12M.png

Get ready for two years of construction walls in JP!

Get ready for two years of construction walls in JP!
The walls wouldn’t be so bad if they were just on one (coaster) side. It’s the fact they’re on both sides pushing you into a crowded walled path that is the worst part.

If they end up redoing JP to JW and can open this thing up in stages, it won’t be as sexy, but it will make it feel and flow much better.

Additionally, a Notice of Commencement for "Theming" was filed earlier this week, with work being done by a company called Cockram Scenario:

aL7iiMK.png

This NoC is part of this recent "Package 5" permit for the attractions foundation and structure:

SvH6HMG.png

The expiration date on the NoC also lines up with a 2021 opening:

7dIkm7q.png

Finally, there was also a performance bond attached, which lists the work value at just over $6.5 million and specifies it's for rock work:

f8tN6sS.png

Additionally, a Notice of Commencement for "Theming" was filed earlier this week, with work being done by a company called Cockram Scenario:

aL7iiMK.png

This NoC is part of this recent "Package 5" permit for the attractions foundation and structure:

SvH6HMG.png

7dIkm7q.png

Finally, there was also a performance bond attached, which lists the work value at just over $6.5 million and specifies it's for rock work:

f8tN6sS.png
Love me some good rock work!

aL7iiMK.png

SvH6HMG.png

7dIkm7q.png

f8tN6sS.png

My dream is to be paid in large sums of money like this where they spell out the amount in a long sentence. Where’s my top hat and monocle ?

aL7iiMK.png

SvH6HMG.png

7dIkm7q.png

f8tN6sS.png
Does anyone have any info on if this 6.5 million is the entirety of the theming budget or just the rockwork? I would assume just rockwork and if that's the case, this ride may be getting a lot more theming than a lot had originally anticipated.

Does anyone have any info on if this 6.5 million is the entirety of the theming budget or just the rockwork? I would assume just rockwork and if that's the case, this ride may be getting a lot more theming than a lot had originally anticipated.

Alicia has been pretty adamant that there was more theming than anyone has been willing to accept. I'm thinking that's just rockwork (but someone with a smarter brain than me can confirm that).

Status
Not open for further replies.