Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft will never make it to the park as the creator Markus Persson turned out to be a problematic person and I believe still owns the copyright for Minecraft and I doubt Universal wants to deal with that in today's world.

I believe Microsoft now holds the copyright and I am going to leave this article here: GameTech: Minecraft now set to take over the real world

Microsoft also did some very cool demos of Minecraft on HoloLens. I would love to see an attraction in those molds but I know the cost and reliability is not there now, but maybe in 5 years for an expansion area?

Interesting it know the CEO of Comcast is also directly getting into the attraction game. That itself may end up being a huge gamerchanger for the upcoming park. Also would be intesting to see if they bring the tech for this attraction they made into the park

Comcast and Spielberg have made glassless virtual reality that is currently being used in their building in Philly.

The Universal Sphere is a cross between virtual reality and a planetarium, the creation of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts and Spielberg himself. Inside the spherical theater, Comcast shows a six- to seven-minute film about the power of ideas. It’s a futuristic and immersive experience.

Roberts calls the experience “like virtual reality without the glasses.” He said it may become the most iconic part of the new Comcast tower, the tallest skyscraper in Philadelphia. He is hoping for the same success as the company has had with its high-def video wall in the Comcast headquarters a block away, which was visited by about 270,000 people over the Christmas holiday.

Among the Comcast subsidiaries that developed the attraction were Dreamworks Animation and the Universal theme parks.

That giant sphere in Comcast’s new tower? Watch a futuristic Spielberg short film there, free.

I might be wrong, but didn't @Alicia or @Disneyhead indicate that in the instance of things either being cut or changed, that the Universal Monsters would be the first to go in the plans?

I'd wager for the time being, it's still on the table. But it's something that can change at any given moment..

According to screamscape the classic monsters world could be put on hold because of the failed movie reboots of the dark universe. What could take the classic monsters place if it doesn’t come when FW opens?
Lance is a great guy, but his info is often incomplete or just plain wrong sometimes. Universal abandoned the "Dark Universe" concept a while back. They are using Blumhouse and going with a low budget, more traditional horror style for their Monsters moving forward.

Universal is pouring excessive amount of money into the Voyage of Doctor Dolittle. The budget is now reaching 175 million. With a great director and screen writer Stephen Gaghan, known for Traffic and Syriana, and a talented cinematographer in Guillermo Navarro, known for Pan's Labyrinth, I can't help but feel like this could have great potential for being a ride or even a land someday in the new park.
Now I know the film has to be a success and there has to be a successful sequel before they will consider the material for a ride but with a stellar cast Robert Downey Jr., Antonio Bandera, Jim Broadbent, Octavia Spencer, Emma Thompson, Marion Cotillard, Ralph Fiennes, Tom Holland, and Rami Malek I am really hoping that this does well next January.

Now saying that there is evidence that the movie may be a flop with the production team having to do 21 days of reshooting due to some poor first screenings. I'm hoping this does well. Universal really needs a successful movie franchise besides Jurassic World and Fast and the Furious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Universal is pouring excessive amount of money into the Voyage of Doctor Dolittle. The budget is now reaching 175 million. With a great director and screen writer Stephen Gaghan, known for Traffic and Syriana, and a talented cinematographer in Guillermo Navarro, known for Pan's Labyrinth, I can't help but feel like this could have great potential for being a ride or even a land someday in the new park.
Now I know the film has to be a success and there has to be a successful sequel before they will consider the material for a ride but with a stellar cast Robert Downey Jr., Antonio Bandera, Jim Broadbent, Octavia Spencer, Emma Thompson, Marion Cotillard, Ralph Fiennes, Tom Holland, and Rami Malek I am really hoping that this does well next January.

Now saying that there is evidence that the movie may be a flop with the production team having to do 21 days of reshooting due to some poor first screenings. I'm hoping this does well. Universal really needs a successful movie franchise besides Jurassic World and Fast and the Furious.

The Director didn't properly understand animation and CG which has caused issues in production being a mess. I agree though that Universal does need another successful non animated movie franchise.

So going back to the talks "back in the day" where the design of this park would be innovative....I can't help but wonder if a sort of TapuTapu would be involved in this new park.

Haters of TapuTapu, take a breath, just bare with me...

If we go along with these "immersive worlds" theory, think of ALL the space this park would claim back if you took these long queues out. In turn, fill all this land with more shops, food/beverage options, "street" entertainment, and interactive elements. I think it would create more life to these worlds and bring in more revenue.

I don't understand the complaints of the TapuTapu when I've been to Volcano Bay many, many times and I think it's fantastic. Why wait in line when you could be doing something else or even sit, relax, take in the world that you're in. I don't understand the argument that standing in a line for more than 30 minutes or more is the better option.

So going back to the talks "back in the day" where the design of this park would be innovative....I can't help but wonder if a sort of TapuTapu would be involved in this new park.

Haters of TapuTapu, take a breath, just bare with me...

If we go along with these "immersive worlds" theory, think of ALL the space this park would claim back if you took these long queues out. In turn, fill all this land with more shops, food/beverage options, "street" entertainment, and interactive elements. I think it would create more life to these worlds and bring in more revenue.

I don't understand the complaints of the TapuTapu when I've been to Volcano Bay many, many times and I think it's fantastic. Why wait in line when you could be doing something else or even sit, relax, take in the world that you're in. I don't understand the argument that standing in a line for more than 30 minutes or more is the better option.
The queues are as good as the actual rides in most of the recent Universal attractions. I always think of it as the "Total Experience", Facade/Queue/Ride. Queues are an area where Universal has made their mark. I'd rather be experiencing a great queue and pre show in AC, than walking around a hot humid park.

The queues are as good as the actual rides in most of the recent Universal attractions. I always think of it as the "Total Experience", Facade/Queue/Ride. Queues are an area where Universal has made their mark. I'd rather be experiencing a great queue and pre show in AC, than walking around a hot humid park.
A great queue is still a queue. Let's use FJ as an example. Immersive, yes, but I dont remember seeing a queue in Dumbledore's office, Gryffindor Hall, etc. YES I KNOW it's a theme park, but let's elevate it even more. Queues are in the past. Imagine FJ queue with rooms you could actually explore, wander down halls, that to me would be leaps and bounds better that what we have now. Think of all the photos taken and uploaded in social media (free advertising), the freedom to move about and not worry about having to hold up the line to take that perfect shot.

We get to loose these divisions and you have the benefit of multitasking as well. As in Volcano Bay, when I'm in "line" for Krakatau and it's 100 min, I go grab a bite to eat or go relax and explore, things I would be doing anyways, but now I'm doing two things at once.

A great queue is still a queue. Let's use FJ as an example. Immersive, yes, but I dont remember seeing a queue in Dumbledore's office, Gryffindor Hall, etc. YES I KNOW it's a theme park, but let's elevate it even more. Queues are in the past. Imagine FJ queue with rooms you could actually explore, wander down halls, that to me would be leaps and bounds better that what we have now. Think of all the photos taken and uploaded in social media (free advertising), the freedom to move about and not worry about having to hold up the line to take that perfect shot.

We get to loose these divisions and you have the benefit of multitasking as well. As in Volcano Bay, when I'm in "line" for Krakatau and it's 100 min, I go grab a bite to eat or go relax and explore, things I would be doing anyways, but now I'm doing two things at once.
I don't agree with you. Queues have become a more critical part of new attractions for both Universal & Disney. The Disneyland rides, where most of the queues are like a regional park, are attractions of a past age. Just about every new Disney/Universal D/E ticket attraction has queues and preshows that are as entertaining as the rides. No doubt, FW will be the same.

You spend two hours in line and 3 minutes on a ride. It only makes sense that they started making the queues part of the experience.

A thirty minute queue with experience is fine. But there's no queue in the world that is enjoyable to wait in for 2 hours.

As a frequent park visitor (like, twice a week), I like the virtual line system at Volcano Bay. I hope they expand it to FW.

A thirty minute queue with experience is fine. But there's no queue in the world that is enjoyable to wait in for 2 hours.

As a frequent park visitor (like, twice a week), I like the virtual line system at Volcano Bay. I hope they expand it to FW.
Finally somebody else gets it....

Thats true. I think opening pains still have a bad taste in some mouths, but tapu tapu is legit asf now. You just have to have some added capacity and entertainment for the waits.

One thing about Universal. Overall attraction capacity is large, and waits in line don't often get Disneyesque long, except for peak holidays. And most every major ride has single rider lines also. It's not often you have to spend more than 30 minutes in a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.